Bon Voyage Dave (DMWNC1959)!!!

sunsetbeachgal

A final thank you for a wonderful time on the Royal. We all had a glorious time "sailing" with you. I hope you have a wonderful tour in Fort Lauderdale and a safe trip home. I believe you have a cat at home who has missed you greatly and is wondering where the meow you've been. Be sure to show him your photos and I'm sure all will be purrs between you.

Happy trails to all.

Dave, thank you so much for taking us along on your cruise. I know you'll be sad to leave the Royal in the morning, and we'll all be sad along with you. I know I'll miss your frequent reports and photos. I've had to get my "Dave fix" morning, noon and night! It's been an incredible journey. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Dave,

We've enjoyed every minute of looking at your fantastic pictures and reading the reporting of all your activities on the ship. Was so nice to meet you on our Dec. 1st sailing. Can't wait to follow along on your next cruise. Wondering if you'll be doing the Regal.

Have a safe trip home from our wonderful city of Ft. Lauderdale. :)

Cindy and Mort

Edited by CinWin

Well in two days we leave Australia bound for Las Vegas and then Ft Lauderdale.

Thank you Dave for all the photos, insights and observations of the Royal and your awesome B2B experience.

Im so glad you didnt cancel and experienced the ROYAL Princess taking us all along with you.

It makes my upcoming B2B even more exciting and every day I would log in and see what had been happening on the other side of world.

Ive shown my friends, husband and kids various photos and shared your experiences too with them.

Really appreciate you posting every day.

Im disappointed we wont have Beatlemaniacs and Carlos Oscar onboard and hope there is someone equally as fantastic and entertaining.

Cant wait to be sitting onboard on those loungers sipping my cocktails and seeing every nook and cranny during my 14 days Christmas/New Year cruise.

Have a safe trip home Dave and again thank you x

Cheers Danni

Dear Dave (may I call you that?)

I just want to thank and applaud you for your unbelievable work on your B2B and also the "Everything Royal" thread. I'm just a little kid from "downunder" who will probably never get the opportunity to sail on the Royal Princess, but your postings have been so exciting and very addictive ... hubby and I have been following your detailed and extremely informative posts and have totally enjoyed your reports. Didn't want to clog up your "live from" due to internet minute restrictions ... but we thank you very much for your detailed reporting and wish you a (hopefully) happy ever after your cruise. Safe journey home dear man and well, who knows, we just might meet up on the high seas one day. LOL what a blast that would be!

Live long and ... prosper. :)

Sincerely

Suzi :)

Dear Dave,

I was up at 4:30 to watch the beautiful Royal Princess arrive. She finally entered the port around 5:37AM behind the Royal Caribbean ship, with the glittering reflections from the windows making her all the more fantastic. I knew it was she, because I heard her arrival outside the port made by the Captain, with the Italian accent. Thank goodness for webcam sound. I followed her and saw her turn and back into her berth. I was sad to see that the camera didn't stay with her for her final docking. But, now it will be light, soon, so perhaps there will be a different view. The 17th Bridge was originally one of them.

Welcome home, as they say. I hope you have a wonderful day in Ft. Lauderdale. It is our second home, with relatives there. We only live about 2 1/2 hours from the city.

Take care and thanks, along with the others, for giving us a wonderful cruise through your eyes.

Lynne

Good morning from Fort Lauderdale

11382205184_db0cd87bdd_c.jpg

How fitting that Fort Lauderdale welcomed you back by showing you all her glory!!

As has been said, thank you, Dave, for sharing your fantastic voyage with us!! :D

Once again, you send us into 'withdrawal', wondering what we will do without our daily 'Dave fix'..lol...

Enjoy your day in Florida and safe travels back home!

You saved the best for last! ;) That photo of Ft. lauderdale is simply stunning!

Who would have known that a simple Bon Voyage wish would have turned into over 800 posts, tens of thousands of views and a part of many lives for 14 days that we will miss very much.

I also hope that once you are off, you will take the time to share your impressions in further detail.

Safe trip home! Thanks again!

Carole

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

Good morning from Fort Lauderdale

11382205184_db0cd87bdd_c.jpg

Dave,

Thank you, again, for the amazing journey on the Royal. Our December 1st adventure became real at the Cruise Critic members sail away. Even in the rain, the "positive" group enjoyed our sail-away and hearing that ever present Love boat salute leaving the harbor. What a wonderfully positive cruise we had.

Sadly, when we had to go home and got off the ship, we took along a lot of great memories. Your live posts then continued and we lived our cruise over again each day reading your posts.

I must commend you for keeping Everything Royal and our experience positive. Your photos and posts were true to life, and if there was a negative (and I cannot imagine one), you posted the information in a positive light.

I also want to thank you for all you have done on these boards, the organizational skills you possessed, even with the nicely done name tags, and the activities you coordinated. It's hard to understand why people did not show up to the initial meet and great to appreciate all you had done. Although, selfishly on my part, it was nice with our small group to mingle and meet the captain and his staff that attended.

And your photos . . . Words cannot describe. I am thinking Princess needs to purchase these for their brochures!

Safe travels on your journey home and in all your future adventures.

Thank you again. The positive information you provided has been truly appreciated.

Diane and Ron

Tour Group #1 (Las Olas Blvd and Harbor Tour) departed the Wheelhouse Bar shortly after 8am. I was seated at the forward end of that passenger corridor closer to Princess Live!. We walked down two flights to Deck 5 amidship to disembark, and in no time at all I was walking off the ship. Being at the head of that pack really helped. After having my card scanned we were told to line up on the top floor until Customs and Immigration was ready, then headed down the escalator to reclaim my large suitcase and got in line for C&I at 8:16am. There were five agents and it took less than 20 minutes to be outside and headed for the tour bus at 8:37am. All luggage is stowed below and we are just about ready to head out of Port Everglades.

11383665065_ffffbff663_c.jpg