Sig Hansen from the Deadliest Catch

myheart53

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv%3B89%3C%3Dot%3E2625%3D876%3D8%3B4%3D35348767%3C3346nu0mrj

Yes, for those who don't know, this is Sig Hansen, Capt of the Northwestern, on the Discovery Channel, "The Deadliest Catch". After the bad time on turnaround day in Ft Lauderdale, during the Drill, I spotted him and afterwards spoke with him and his wife. Before the cruise was over, we had our pic taken while we were in the Neptune Lounge. That is Liza, one of the concierge's , in the background. I have watched that show from the very first time it was on TV and one of my favorite shows.

I will post later about the cruise and the pros and cons of the trip. Overall a great time!!

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv%3B89%3C%3Dot%3E2625%3D876%3D8%3B4%3D35348767%3C3346nu0mrj

Yes, for those who don't know, this is Sig Hansen, Capt of the Northwestern, on the Discovery Channel, "The Deadliest Catch". After the bad time on turnaround day in Ft Lauderdale, during the Drill, I spotted him and afterwards spoke with him and his wife. Before the cruise was over, we had our pic taken while we were in the Neptune Lounge. That is Liza, one of the concierge's , in the background. I have watched that show from the very first time it was on TV and one of my favorite shows.

I will post later about the cruise and the pros and cons of the trip. Overall a great time!!

OMG - I love that show and Sig is one of my favourites. Thanks for posting the photo.

Hi Connie!!:D Nice to see you again.........it was very nice meeting and talking with you on the ship! Hope you had a good trip home! I don't think anyone saw us up there waving furiously at the sailaway, but we sure tried, didn't we?

I don't remember if I saw Sig on the ship or not, but I remember you told me that you had met him........several others told us they had spotted him as well. Must have been an exciting moment for you! :)

Cool you got a photo with him! I saw him several times in the Retreat Cabana area, but he seemed to never want to make eye contact, so I took that as a sign to leave him alone and let him enjoy his vacation and privacy.

He is very friendly and JP, the concierge, wanted his pic with him too and he was very happy to do it. He met JP in the lounge because they were on their way to meet the Captain so this was a good chance for a pic. He told me that he and his wife were just relaxing after his last fishing trip. He goes back out in Jan. I wish him God speed.

Hi Connie!!:D Nice to see you again.........it was very nice meeting and talking with you on the ship! Hope you had a good trip home! I don't think anyone saw us up there waving furiously at the sailaway, but we sure tried, didn't we?

I don't remember if I saw Sig on the ship or not, but I remember you told me that you had met him........several others told us they had spotted him as well. Must have been an exciting moment for you! :)

Hi Linda, so good meeting you too. Yeah, I didn't think they would spot us waving since I didn't request a wave for the second half of the cruise. Yes, meeting him was so exciting and never expected to ever meet him in person. I think we have decided to not do another 14 day cruise. It was really too long for us and the turnaround process is one I don't ever want to experience again. We had a wonderful time though, our first time in a Neptune Suite was awesome, but think we will stick with verandahs in the future. Really enjoyed the perks and those will be missed.

Once we got back to the hotel to retrieve our car, we were welcomed by a dead battery. Took about 3 hrs to get us on the road again. We were Blessed to have arrived safely home at 8:30 pm to some very happy dogs.:)

OMG wow!!!!!!:eek::D He's my favorite!

So glad that after that bad turnaroud day you had a good time!

(Couldn't spot you during sailaway that second time :( )

Yes, I am glad after a bad day, I was smiling by the end of it. Sorry you couldn't spot us on the sailaway but didn't really think no one would since I didn't request a wave for the second half.

Hi Linda, so good meeting you too. Yeah, I didn't think they would spot us waving since I didn't request a wave for the second half of the cruise. Yes, meeting him was so exciting and never expected to ever meet him in person. I think we have decided to not do another 14 day cruise. It was really too long for us and the turnaround process is one I don't ever want to experience again. We had a wonderful time though, our first time in a Neptune Suite was awesome, but think we will stick with verandahs in the future. Really enjoyed the perks and those will be missed.

Once we got back to the hotel to retrieve our car, we were welcomed by a dead battery. Took about 3 hrs to get us on the road again. We were Blessed to have arrived safely home at 8:30 pm to some very happy dogs.:)

Yes, I think we felt that 7 days was enough too.....it was a lot of fun, but after a week, I really start to miss my animals and my home cooking (believe it or not). I'll bet the Neptune Suite was nice, but as my DH and I discussed on the cruise, we did just fine with a regular balcony room onn level 5, it was fine for us. It would have been nice to have had a little more room on the balcony, but it was adequate. I am sure the perks in a Suite are a really special experience...! Glad you had a good time overall too, even though your turnaround day was less than pleasant. Sorry you had that dead battery, but I am sure those precious pets were just ecstatic to see you when you finally got home!:) Maybe we will run into each other again sometime on a cruise, you never know! It is nice to put a face with a screen name! Happy Holidays to you and yours!

Whats with the facination with these "celebrities"?

Yes, I've watched every episode of Deadlist Catch and Sig catches crab - big deal. Do you really think he is any different than anyone else that puts pants on in the morning?. I've watched him slam his crew and belittle the "greenhorns" - just like every other captain on that show.

Mildly interesting that he was on HAL - other than that, no big deal. He was simply in the right place at the right time to be a "star".

JK

Whats with the facination with these "celebrities"?

Yes, I've watched every episode of Deadlist Catch and Sig catches crab - big deal. Do you really think he is any different than anyone else that puts pants on in the morning?. I've watched him slam his crew and belittle the "greenhorns" - just like every other captain on that show.

Mildly interesting that he was on HAL - other than that, no big deal. He was simply in the right place at the right time to be a "star".

JK

None, it's reality TV. The only difference between their pants and yours is that theirs have been on TV. Totally agree with you. Meh. Enjoy your vacay buddy and I have watched plenty of Deadliest Catch and I like the guy.

But how would you like that chain smokin' furnace next to you on your balcony? Just sayin'

Very cool! I love Deadliest Catch. Dh and I got to meet Sig and Edgar a few years ago when they were at the Norway pavilion at Epcot, signing autographs and selling Deadliest Catch/Northwestern merchandise. We got our pics taken with them and they were super nice to us. The line to meet them was a couple hours long!