CB Cruise Director Brett Siborne

Mekamax

Just got off the CB today. Brett joined the ship last Saturday directly from the Coral Princess... he even accidentally referred to the CB as the Coral a few times the first day by accident!

He is very personable and appears to be a hands-on cruise director. I was surprised that he ran all the line dancing classes in addition to the things the CD normally does, such as the marriage game. He also ran the majority rules game plus several trivia contests.

I like his style of introducing/closing out the nightly theater shows since he is short and to the point. Some CD's like to talk way too much about everything else you can do that is already written in the Patter.

However, the entertainment programming was a bit disjointed on this trip, which was probably a combination of our constantly changing itinerary plus him being new to the activities staff. I got the feeling that he was coming up to speed on the activities that his staff knew how to do, etc. I'm sure that things will line out quickly.

Overall, he is probably one of the better CD's we've come across.

Just got an email on an upcoming cruise and he will be the cruise director. This is different than the one people are complaining about right? Does anyone know anything about him??? Thanks!

Boy are you in for a surprise!

Brett is simply the best, very personable and involved in everything that goes on aboard ship.

Lucky you!

Mike:)

Boy are you in for a surprise!

Brett is simply the best, very personable and involved in everything that goes on aboard ship.

Lucky you!

Mike:)

I like the fact that he comes across as very genuine. Some CDs act very fake.

This is different than the one people are complaining about right?

Wouldn't you want to form your own opinion about someone?

And -- if there are a lot of complaints about the cruise director on your upcoming cruise --

what action are you going to take? Cancel?

I was impressed with BRett as he hosted a lot of menial activities

(like trivia) that are usually delegated to low-level cruise staff.

And, if you were mentally challenged, and never won at trivia -- you could ask him

for a prize anyway.

Edited by pablo222

We too just got off CB and have to agree with comments so far, Brett was excellent. This opinion comes from someone who normally fails to see the benefit of a cruise director. We don't need someone to constantly tell us to have fun and spoon-feed activities to pass the time.

I normally find them patronising and more keen on self-promotion (with the exception of Sam H-T who is great)

With so many changes and problems last week, he really rose to the challenge!

We have done two WC with Brett and had plenty of time to see him in action (214 days) plus a Holy Land cruise. He does a great job and interacts with passengers well. You won't be disappointed!!:):)

Hey Curt and Cindy -

He was also on our B2B Alaskan cruise when you joined the ship in FL for the Canal beforehand. He was an Asst. CD back then but that was the first cruise I remember him from.

Hope you 2 are doing well! You are living my retirement dream!

Theresa

I like the fact that he comes across as very genuine. Some CDs act very fake.

He was new to the Diamond when we boarded in January and I agree wholeheartedly with your comment, Coral. We tend to sit up front in the Princess theatre. Brett would always arrive early for the shows and would always walk around the audience to greet passengers and ask how they were enjoying themselves. Or up on deck, he would always stop to talk. Genuinely friendly and definitely at the top of his game.