All things Anthem of the Seas :)

BillOh

Anyone booked Anthem summer 2015? Does somebody have an idea, when we can start booking dinner reservations online?

Anthem will be sailing from the UK during Summer 2015. Booking is already open for Summer 2015 from UK. She is coming to Cape Liberty, NJ in November 2015 for the "winter 2015-16 season". I dont think dinning is open for reservations yet.

For more on Anthem schedule see link below.

Thursday, April 17, 2014 - ROYAL CARIBBEAN ANNOUNCES 2015-16 DEPLOYMENT FOR NEW YORK AND GALVESTON

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-releases/

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

Musical ship and all that switching

The announcement of the new deployments is upsetting. We were really looking forward to sailing Anthem out of Ft Lauderdale.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've been concentrating on my 14 and 15 cruise. Is Anthem not wintering in Port Everglades as originally stated?

Anthem will be sailing from the UK during Summer 2015. Booking is already open for Summer 2015 from UK. She is coming to Cape Liberty, NJ in November 2015 for the "winter 2015-16 season". I dont think dinning is open for reservations yet.

For more on Anthem schedule see link below.

Thursday, April 17, 2014 - ROYAL CARIBBEAN ANNOUNCES 2015-16 DEPLOYMENT FOR NEW YORK AND GALVESTON

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-releases/

Yes, I am cruising with Anthem out of Southampton in July 2015. Just wondering if someone knows when we can start making dinner reservations online? Anyone heard any rumours?

I've been concentrating on my 14 and 15 cruise. Is Anthem not wintering in Port Everglades as originally stated?

No, Anthem will be heading to Cape Liberty in Nov. 2015 after it's inaugural season in Southampton. After that, who knows.

No, Anthem will be heading to Cape Liberty in Nov. 2015 after it's inaugural season in Southampton. After that, who knows.

Darn,

Glad I didn't have my heart set. While I'm happy for the people in the area, I have no desire to be on a cruise that takes 2-3 days to get to warm air and 3 ports on a 8-9 day cruise. (Unless we finally break down and cruise in August.)

Edited by BillOh

Darn,

Glad I didn't have my heart set. While I'm happy for the people in the area, I have no desire to be on a cruise that takes 2-3 days to get to warm air and 3 ports on a 8-9 day cruise. (Unless we finally break down and cruise in August.)

Just did 4 ports on the EXOS, 9 day voyage. The Gulf Stream is about 230 miles southeast of NYC and the sea surface temps are in the mid 60's in Feb. On a voyage to the eastern Caribbean in Feb., you will have comfortable weather within 20 hours of sailing :)

Just did 4 ports on the EXOS, 9 day voyage. The Gulf Stream is about 230 miles southeast of NYC and the sea surface temps are in the mid 60's in Feb. On a voyage to the eastern Caribbean in Feb., you will have comfortable weather within 20 hours of sailing :)

How bad is it in late December? I have to start planning options for Anthem in either December or around mid March (spring Break). Thanks!

How bad is it in late December? I have to start planning options for Anthem in either December or around mid March (spring Break). Thanks!

Sailing to the eastern Caribbean fine. Florida & Bahamas May be a problem. The further away from the coast will be better because of the Gulf Stream. Also keep in mind that the Gulf Stream does enhance Nor-Easters here in the Mid-Atlantic and New England states.

Edited by FIRELT5

Sailing to the eastern Caribbean fine. Florida & Bahamas May be a problem. The further away from the coast will be better because of the Gulf Stream. Also keep in mind that the Gulf Stream does enhance Nor-Easters here in the Mid-Atlantic and New England states.

Thanks for the feedback.

Now we wait to see what RCI will offer for Anthem.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello, I am planning on going on the Anthem April-June of 2016. I saw the dates through April were available, are the May ones posted anywhere?

May-June 2016 will not likely be available until next year (most likely sometime in March 2015, but start paying attention in February).

Looking April-June kind of puts you in an awkward spot since the April itineraries are out a year before the May-June lol. Unfortunately not much you can do about that.

May-June 2016 will not likely be available until next year (most likely sometime in March 2015, but start paying attention in February).

Looking April-June kind of puts you in an awkward spot since the April itineraries are out a year before the May-June lol. Unfortunately not much you can do about that.

Hi thanks, I guess I will have to wait until next year! I saw you have the breakaway, I have my second trip on it this fall.

I have not been on RCCL since 1994, and like the idea of getting to San Juan, St Thomas etc... by not having to fly

Hi thanks, I guess I will have to wait until next year! I saw you have the breakaway, I have my second trip on it this fall.

I have not been on RCCL since 1994, and like the idea of getting to San Juan, St Thomas etc... by not having to fly

Agreed, it's wonderful sailing to the Caribbean from the NY area!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Guest maddycat
Lol. This really did make me chuckle out loud.

Let's all take a look inside the RCCL deployment team meeting shall we?

"Bermuda officials are telling us the dredging won't be finished until Fall 2015, therefore Quantum will not be able to dock."

"Well, USA market is dead now. We had a good run."

The real thought process is:

Quantum can't dock in Bermuda until 2016. We need a ship to still do Bermuda runs from Cape Liberty. Lets move Quantum to China 2 years ahead of schedule and have Indy do 2015 Bermuda runs. Anthem will take it's place in New Jersey starting in Winter 2015. And Quantum 3 will replace Anthem in Southhampton and Fort Lauderdale. Easy peasy. Lets all get lunch.

The 2 main "drivers" of this movement is: A. Bermuda dredging and B. Growing market in Asia. If Bermuda can't accomidate Quantum yet, it only makes sense to move that ship to a place they were planning on putting a Quantum class anyway.

This is what each port is losing:

Bayonne: Losing a Quantum class ship for 6 months. Gaining Indy May-Nov for Bermuda runs. Anthem starting in Winter 2015.

Southhampton: Losing Anthem after 2015 season. Likely gaining Quantum 3 in 2016.

FLL: Likely Quantum 3 in winter 2016.

So the 2 main home ports of Quantum class ships, keep Quantum class ships. FLL gets a Quantum class 1 year later than expected.

NJ and Southhampton really aren't losing much. FLL loses for a year. But FLL is offset by having PLENTY of other ships.

Excellent analysis. You removed all of the drama.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi from Germany,

here are some pictures from last week, showing what will be the ANTHEM one day... One section is almost ready and will come out of the dock hall later this month.

18283194xl.jpg

18283195jd.jpg

Parts for the next section in another dock hall:

18283196fo.jpg

Short video of the "Anthem":

Hi from Germany,

here are some pictures from last week, showing what will be the ANTHEM one day... One section is almost ready and will come out of the dock hall later this month.

18283194xl.jpg

18283195jd.jpg

Parts for the next section in another dock hall:

18283196fo.jpg

Short video of the "Anthem":

Thanks for the video! I shared it in the Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House! thread!

Only sailed RCCL one time but after checking out the Anthem, I will be looking to book over Thanksgiving 2015. 29 out of 30+ cruises I have had to shell out big bucks for airfare for myself and 6 times for family of 10. Now, looks like 90 minute drive to NJ and saves me BIG BUCKS. Really hope that over the time, RCCL doesn't have any location changes.

• 2 weeks later...

Anthem of the Seas section floated out today from Meyer Werft's Hall 6. It will remain docked outside Hall 6 until August 3. On that date, after the Quantum of the Seas & the second Anthem section are floated out, both sections will be floated back in, joined, and have the bow section and the aft section (which includes the Two70 venue) attached.

AnthemsectioncomingoutofHall6June12014_zps41c384d0.jpg

Photo by Inselvideo

AnthemsectioncomingoutofHall6June12014_1_zps460a5245.jpg

Photo by Christoph Assies at NOZ

Edited by Lloyd555

Anthem of the Seas section floated out today from Meyer Werft's Hall 6. It will remain docked outside Hall 6 until August 3. On that date, after the Quantum of the Seas & the second Anthem section are floated out, both sections will be floated back in, joined, and have the bow section and the aft section (which includes the Two70 venue) attached.

Photo by Inselvideo

Now that's an impressive scene. People were questioning why Anthem looked taller than Quantum in the last webcam, I had a feeling she was already floating.

Photo by Inselvideo

Great shot. Lol they really have to trust its water tight.

• 1 month later...