Your experience on Noordam & Ryndam for so Caribbean

Thebes

Hello CC friends ,

Have you sailed on them for so Carribean ? If so please share your experience. There are 2 choices for southern Caribbean. Noordam for 10 or 11 days and Ryndam for 14. I personally like the 14 days but I prefer a ship with cabanas so I'm a little torn. Any help to shed light on itineraries or ships involved will be much appreciated :):):)

I haven't sailed on the Ryndam yet, but I'm looking into it for my next cruise.

A colleague of mine just came off, and it's by far his favorite HAL ship. He's sailed on al ships except for 2. Ofc, the ship doesn't have the same perks as the 'big' HAL ships, but it was very intimate

We did the Noordam So. Caribbean last year, 11 days, and did a similar cruise (14days) on Celebrity Constellation the year before, and also our very first Caribbean cruise was on the Ryndam in 1997. All were great, loved the Ryndam, loved the Noordam, loved the Constellation. My preference would be for 14 days, but weighing Noordam vs. Ryndam, we would choose the Noordam, beter availability of verandas and other spaces.

Hello CC friends ,

Have you sailed on them for so Carribean ? If so please share your experience. There are 2 choices for southern Caribbean. Noordam for 10 or 11 days and Ryndam for 14. I personally like the 14 days but I prefer a ship with cabanas so I'm a little torn. Any help to shed light on itineraries or ships involved will be much appreciated :):):)

As you have not cruised a HAL ship yet, I would wait and see how you like the Eurodam. Our first ship was the Maasdam (Ryndam sister) ... so we already knew we liked the smaller ship before we moved up to larger Vista Class ships. If, by chance, you know after cruising the Eurodam you wouldn't be happy on anything smaller - then your decision is made.

Edited by Linda&Vern

As you have not cruised a HAL ship yet, I would wait and see how you like the Eurodam. Our first ship was the Maasdam (Ryndam sister) ... so we already knew we liked the smaller ship before we moved up to larger Vista Class ships. If, by chance, you know after cruising the Eurodam you wouldn't be happy on anything smaller - then your decision is made.

Thanks L & V

I can't wait for my cruising experience. Appreciate the insight.

Ryndam, every time. I would always choose the smaller ship over the larger. Larger rooms in a comparable category, and more comfortable outdoor space. The fact that the Ryndam cruise is longer is a happy bonus.

Ryndam, Ryndam. Ryndam.

Just back from a 14 day smasher!

Love all the crew and Captain Timmers is a great ,funny chap.

Loved it.:D

I agree. Did ryndam last winter and it was great (except for that pesky norovirus). Having said that, this winter, we are doing 11 on maasdam followed by 10 on noordam. But, 14 days is my preferred length.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Forums mobile app