Where/how to pick up at Lahaina?

Regguy

We have some friends who will be on a Hawaii cruise while we are staying on Maui in a couple of weeks. I would like pick them up. I'm not that familiar with the Lahaina port area. I've been to front street and around Lahaina generally, but I'm not that familiar with the port area or where the tenders go to. Can anyone give me any tips on picking them up or maybe where to tell them to go so that I can pick them up easily? Thanks.

Off of Front St behind the Banyon Tree park is the Lahaina Harbor. You will be turning on Hotel St. The Tender Pier is the northern most pier, right at the entrance to the harbor. Very visible on things like Google Earth.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Off of Front St behind the Banyon Tree park is the Lahaina Harbor. You will be turning on Hotel St. The Tender Pier is the northern most pier, right at the entrance to the harbor. Very visible on things like Google Earth.

Perfect! Got it. Much thanks. (To respond to another post, it's Princess,)

Edited by Regguy

You might tell them to walk to the right upon leaving the port area and meet you in front of the Hulihe'e Palace. Short walk along the waterfront. Easy to see and pick up from there. Then easy egress. Maybe see the palace as well. A delightful bit of history. Worthwhile.

You might tell them to walk to the right upon leaving the port area and meet you in front of the Hulihe'e Palace. Short walk along the waterfront. Easy to see and pick up from there. Then easy egress. Maybe see the palace as well. A delightful bit of history. Worthwhile.

That's what I'll suggest. Thanks!

Wait -- can't find Hulihe'e Palace on Maui -- I see one on the big island, but not Maui.

Maybe they meant the Historic Baldwin home Museum? :confused:

That is on Front Street

I think Woody was thinking of Kailua Kona on the Big Island.

A convenient and close place would be Banyan Tree Park - there are benches in the shade under the banyan tree where you could meet them. You could find a parking spot and walk there to meet them - it might be easier than doing a 'drive-by pickup'. The park is diagonally across from where they will tender in.

There are parking spots on Front Street (hard to find empty spaces though), but there's also a free parking lot at the corner of Front and Prisson - just a 2 minute walk to Banyan Tree Park.

We found street parking on Wainee Street, which runs parallel to Front and about 2 streets up.

Edited by Susan-M

I think Woody was thinking of Kailua Kona on the Big Island.

A convenient and close place would be Banyan Tree Park - there are benches in the shade under the banyan tree where you could meet them. You could find a parking spot and walk there to meet them - it might be easier than doing a 'drive-by pickup'. The park is diagonally across from where they will tender in.

There are parking spots on Front Street (hard to find empty spaces though), but there's also a free parking lot at the corner of Front and Prisson - just a 2 minute walk to Banyan Tree Park.

We found street parking on Wainee Street, which runs parallel to Front and about 2 streets up.

My apologies. Being brain dead, I mistook the islands. Hulile'e is on Kona. Above would be the better way. Mea culpa.

• 1 month later...