123 GO Promo

jaydeebee60

If you go on line you will be able to tell if this cruise is included.

Just check on the Celebrity website under the 123 Promo and your cruise is not listed as part of the Promo.

Hi Jagoffee, can you please give me a link to where you see this.

Just a little confused ....are you saying that you have checked and this cruise is not listed as part of the 123Promo. ? Thanks

I dont see anywhere that eligble cruises are listed. Which website. Com or. Com.au!

Sent from my ST27i using Forums mobile app

There are only a few exclusions that have already been mentioned here, ie, Expedition, TAs, etc. I looked at rules for 123go on the .com and .com.au sites. I see nothing that would exclude your cruise. There is no list of cruises. Only rule is cruise must begin and end in Europe to receive 2 of the 3 bonuses in the promotion.

I dont see anywhere that eligble cruises are listed. Which website. Com or. Com.au!

Yes, if you use the selection facility on the right of the promo page, it will show the list of cruises that are part of this promotion.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/genericHtmlTemplate.do?pagename=choose_your_offer

In your case, if you choose Europe and search through you will see that your cruise appears, at least on the Australian list which I used. Hence if you book online through Celebrity AU, it is part of the offer.

Sent from my MBP using Internet Explorer browser

There are only a few exclusions that have already been mentioned here, ie, Expedition, TAs, etc. I looked at rules for 123go on the .com and .com.au sites. I see nothing that would exclude your cruise. There is no list of cruises. Only rule is cruise must begin and end in Europe to receive 2 of the 3 bonuses in the promotion.

Yes, if you use the selection facility on the right of the promo page, it will show the list of cruises that are part of this promotion.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/genericHtmlTemplate.do?pagename=choose_your_offer

In your case, if you choose Europe and search through you will see that your cruise appears, at least on the Australian list which I used. Hence if you book online through Celebrity AU, it is part of the offer.

Sent from my MBP using Internet Explorer browser

Thanks guys, I guess I was just trying to clarify what "Jagoffee" said viz. """Just check on the Celebrity website under the 123 Promo and your cruise is not listed as part of the Promo. """" in particular the bit "your cruise is not listed as part of the Promo". I was trying to ascertain where he got that info from but maybe was his/her typo or my missunderstanding. I had read where certain not includes such as Expedition and TA's.

Thanks guys, I guess I was just trying to clarify what "Jagoffee" said viz. """Just check on the Celebrity website under the 123 Promo and your cruise is not listed as part of the Promo. """" in particular the bit "your cruise is not listed as part of the Promo". I was trying to ascertain where he got that info from but maybe was his/her typo or my missunderstanding. I had read where certain not includes such as Expedition and TA's.

I believe he was mistaken - or he used another site where that cruise is not part of the promotion, which is why I referred to this being the list of Australian eligible cruises.

Although I doubt it, it is possible there are variations between regions. I wasn't going to search every region just to be sure. :-)

Hi Folks

On Celebrity UK site there is a full list of eligible cruises for download .

From our Celebrity UK main page I clicked on "Three Big Offers" then at the bottom of the page I clicked on Terms & Conditions and then at the bottom of that page clicked on Full List of Applicable Cruises .It then downloads all eligible sailings and benefits attached .

Hope this helps

Hi Jagoffee, can you please give me a link to where you see this.

Just a little confused ....are you saying that you have checked and this cruise is not listed as part of the 123Promo. ? Thanks

I just went into the Celebrity website, clicked on the 123 Promo more information, click on the Europe cruises, and saw the list of cruises. I am sorry I must have missed it yesterday, but I do now see an August 26 cruise on the Equinox. I also see a few that leave on August 25.

Also I am sorry that I did not answer sooner. Does what I am saying make sense? It is really not a list, but if you click on the book on line option you can see all the cruises that are available for booking. Unless the cruise was actually not on the list yesterday your TA seems to be incorrect. You would think if you could book it on line the TA could also book it.

Good luck. You should be able to get the 123 Promo if you are willing to pay the current pricing and do not have another offers on your current booking. (except for the new open passage OBC)

I just went into the Celebrity website, clicked on the 123 Promo more information, click on the Europe cruises, and saw the list of cruises. I am sorry I must have missed it yesterday, but I do now see an August 26 cruise on the Equinox. I also see a few that leave on August 25.

Also I am sorry that I did not answer sooner. Does what I am saying make sense? It is really not a list, but if you click on the book on line option you can see all the cruises that are available for booking. Unless the cruise was actually not on the list yesterday your TA seems to be incorrect. You would think if you could book it on line the TA could also book it.

Good luck. You should be able to get the 123 Promo if you are willing to pay the current pricing and do not have another offers on your current booking. (except for the new open passage OBC)

Hi Jagoffee. No problems at all, with the sometimes confusing nature of Celebrity website it is often difficult to het the correct info.. Was only 1 of the 3 TA's that I contacted told me incorrectly. All booked now with 123GO and looking forward to it.

Hi Folks

On Celebrity UK site there is a full list of eligible cruises for download .

From our Celebrity UK main page I clicked on "Three Big Offers" then at the bottom of the page I clicked on Terms & Conditions and then at the bottom of that page clicked on Full List of Applicable Cruises .It then downloads all eligible sailings and benefits attached .

Hope this helps

Hi Peters Wife... I get stuck on "I clicked on Terms & Conditions ", as in I cannot see that, and I am on UK site.

If possible can you please post link to "Full List of Applicable Cruises "..Cheers, John

Fares for summer 2014 Europe sailings are currently more than double or even triple those of the best fares from last season. I don't see any evidence that any of the sailings are selling well, so my guess is that X will try to keep fares artificially high and improve the promos as time goes on. Last month, it was a small discount. This month, it's pick one or two on the 123Go. By March or April, my guess is that they will have to offer the 123Go Triple Play again to fill staterooms. And that probably still won't do it so they will be left with tons of unsold staterooms again after final payment and will be forced to reduce fares after final payment again. So I think all these promos are merely a marketing sleight of hand to convince/fool people into booking early.

So if things go anything like last year, I still say US customers will be best to cancel their booking prior to final payment and wait for the inevitable half-price sale in the 30-60 days immediately prior to sailing.

Edited by Terpnut

Fares for summer 2014 Europe sailings are currently more than double or even triple those of the best fares from last season. I don't see any evidence that any of the sailings are selling well, so my guess is that X will try to keep fares artificially high and improve the promos as time goes on. Last month, it was a small discount. This month, it's pick one or two on the 123Go. By March or April, my guess is that they will have to offer the 123Go Triple Play again to fill staterooms. And that probably still won't do it so they will be left with tons of unsold staterooms again after final payment and will be forced to reduce fares after final payment again. So I think all these promos are merely a marketing sleight of hand to convince/fool people into booking early.

So if things go anything like last year, I still say US customers will be best to cancel their booking prior to final payment and wait for the inevitable half-price sale in the 30-60 days immediately prior to sailing.

HEY...Terpnut!

I absolutely LOVE your logic and your posts! I agree with you COMPLETELY.

I just got back last month from Reflection's 15 night transatlantic.

I booked an inside cabin just 10 DAYS before sailing... for $449pp!!! :eek:

I got a $250 OBC from RCCL stock, and Choice Air to Rome was only $508!

The odds of me EVER again booking prior to final payment are effectively ZERO.

You're retired now if I remember correctly? Hope you are enjoying it... AND your cruises!

Edited by teecee60

Hi Jagoffee. No problems at all, with the sometimes confusing nature of Celebrity website it is often difficult to het the correct info.. Was only 1 of the 3 TA's that I contacted told me incorrectly. All booked now with 123GO and looking forward to it.

Congratulations. Enjoy your cruise.

Hi Peters Wife... I get stuck on "I clicked on Terms & Conditions ", as in I cannot see that, and I am on UK site.

If possible can you please post link to "Full List of Applicable Cruises "..Cheers, John

Hi John

Try this

http://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/images/123Go%20Sailings_tcm20-47253.pdf

Hope it works

Irene

Interesting reading all of the comments and it does seem a bit unfair that Celebrity has different conditions for different countries. We'd booked a Caribbean cruise for November 14 about a week before the 123Go promotion launched. Although we'd got a sale price on the cruise, I was a bit upset to have missed the chance to get the free drinks packages, as we were going to add these. Having booked direct with Celebrity UK through the Website we'd have lost our £300 deposit if we'd cancelled and rebooked - so not really worth it. I phoned Celebrity UK and asked if it was possible to get the drinks package - thought the answer'd be no, but they said "sure but we wouldn't get the sale price". A quick bit of maths worked out that the Beverages 123Go was a better deal for us than the sale prices and we changed the booking.

Lots of US/Canadian Celebrity guests have told us about the amazing deals they get through their TAs. Most TAs where I live have closed down - I wouldn't even know where one was, so we book direct. I hadn't thought about booking through a US TA from the UK as some people seem to have done. How has this worked out for anyone who's done it? [and do you have contact details of TA!]

Interesting reading all of the comments and it does seem a bit unfair that Celebrity has different conditions for different countries. We'd booked a Caribbean cruise for November 14 about a week before the 123Go promotion launched. Although we'd got a sale price on the cruise, I was a bit upset to have missed the chance to get the free drinks packages, as we were going to add these. Having booked direct with Celebrity UK through the Website we'd have lost our £300 deposit if we'd cancelled and rebooked - so not really worth it. I phoned Celebrity UK and asked if it was possible to get the drinks package - thought the answer'd be no, but they said "sure but we wouldn't get the sale price". A quick bit of maths worked out that the Beverages 123Go was a better deal for us than the sale prices and we changed the booking.

Lots of US/Canadian Celebrity guests have told us about the amazing deals they get through their TAs. Most TAs where I live have closed down - I wouldn't even know where one was, so we book direct. I hadn't thought about booking through a US TA from the UK as some people seem to have done. How has this worked out for anyone who's done it? [and do you have contact details of TA!]

I am sailing on the Silhouette in about 4 weeks. I plan to book another cruise onboard. I will (assume) get a reduced deposit, drink package and a cruise ship credit. Will let people know what happens after the cruise is booked.

I am a US citizen.

HEY...Terpnut!

I absolutely LOVE your logic and your posts! I agree with you COMPLETELY.

I just got back last month from Reflection's 15 night transatlantic.

I booked an inside cabin just 10 DAYS before sailing... for $449pp!!! :eek:

I got a $250 OBC from RCCL stock, and Choice Air to Rome was only $508!

The odds of me EVER again booking prior to final payment are effectively ZERO.

You're retired now if I remember correctly? Hope you are enjoying it... AND your cruises!

Hi and thanks! Not trying to put a damper on this thread but it simply amazes me that people are actually excited about getting free grats and a drink package with a $2,400-$3,500 pp fare booking 6-9 months early, when X has consistently proven they will discount these same sailings for $1,000-$1,400pp for higher categories and with even more promos well after final payment. :rolleyes: Edited by Terpnut

These last few posts are interesting to me. Since my husband is a teacher, we are limited to school breaks for travel, which doesn’t usually equate to super low fares.

We would very much enjoy a European cruise next July, but the prices are out of our reach, especially when we add in the $1,500 pp airfare from CA! I wonder if we should take a gamble and wait until late spring to book a cruise? Is there a chance that we could get a decent airfare through their “Choice Air” that late in the game? I have never before booked our airfare through the cruise line, so I don’t know how their rates compare to booking directly with the airlines. My experience with booking summer flights directly through the airlines is that booking further ahead usually means lower fares.

I'm in Australia and the rules are different in every country. Our deposits are not refunded by any cruise line if we cancel. Price drops not usually offered. Cost of cruises usually much more expensive.

I've used a USA Agent but we can't share any information here. Maybe check out Trip Advisor cruise forum.

You think airfare from USA is bad then don't even look at how much it costs us Aussies to get anywhere in the world. Doesn't stop us though.

Edited by Pushka

These last few posts are interesting to me. Since my husband is a teacher, we are limited to school breaks for travel, which doesn’t usually equate to super low fares.

We would very much enjoy a European cruise next July, but the prices are out of our reach, especially when we add in the $1,500 pp airfare from CA! I wonder if we should take a gamble and wait until late spring to book a cruise? Is there a chance that we could get a decent airfare through their “Choice Air” that late in the game? I have never before booked our airfare through the cruise line, so I don’t know how their rates compare to booking directly with the airlines. My experience with booking summer flights directly through the airlines is that booking further ahead usually means lower fares.

As our kids are still in school, we too are stuck with the high season, school calendar travel periods. However if you are willing to take a little risk and watch diligently for the lowest fares, I have a strategy that has worked for us for the last couple cruise vacations. It's a strategy that solves the classic dilemma of wanting to wait for post-final-payment cruise sales (i.e. 14-70 days prior to sailing) but also avoids getting ripped off with expensive last-minute airfare (which one must typically buy 30-90 days prior):

1. Plan a cruise or trip around a specific timeframe that provides the widest range of cruise sailing and land touring options. For example, if you want to sail the Mediterranean next July, pick a two-week "window" where there are multiple Med itineraries from ideally the same port of departure. If any specific cruise booking is affordable to you by booking early, then book that cruise early as a backup. You will likely cancel this anyhow so you have nothing to lose due to the refundable deposit. If nothing is affordable or you are not a US customer, then do not book a cruise early.

2. Plan a backup land-based trip in case the cruise does not work out. Make sure all reservations are refundable.

3. At the ideal time, book your airfare to bookend all the above trip time frames. I find the best airfares are generally 2-3 months out. For summer, this is generally in the spring when the airlines begin their summer sales. I don't recommend Choice Air--do it yourself.

4. After final payment and typically 45-65 days immediately prior to sailing, check for discounted cruise fares again on the cruises of interest from step 1. If 2014 is anything remotely similar to 2013, cruise fares at or below $100/day/person (and often with the promos) will be plentiful. Because subsequent price drops often follow, I recommend booking the lowest acceptable category initially.

5. Follow cruise fares on your sailing daily for any additional price drops. Then jump on category upgrades for minimal incremental price increases. If a particular sailing is not selling well, price drops will continue right up to 14-30 days prior to sailing.

6. And finally, once your cruise itinerary and schedule is booked and known, start filling in those pre and post cruise days based on your air travel with land vacation options.

In summary, my strategy requires that you book your airfare in advance of booking your cruise--backward from what most people do. If 2014 pricing follows the 2013 pattern however, this approach offers you a longer and better vacation at half the price of booking a cruise early the conventional way. :)

Edited by Terpnut

Deposits are also refundable here in Australia for Celebrity, up to final payment date. So it's not tied to the refund/cancellation deadlines.

I'm in Australia and the rules are different in every country. Our deposits are not refunded by any cruise line if we cancel. Price drops not usually offered. Cost of cruises usually much more expensive.

I've used a USA Agent but we can't share any information here. Maybe check out Trip Advisor cruise forum.

You think airfare from USA is bad then don't even look at how much it costs us Aussies to get anywhere in the world. Doesn't stop us though.

You cannot both be right. Are deposits refundable on Celebrity in Australia?

I am intrigued by your strategy. I have often THOUGHT about booking airfare first and then looking for a last minute deal on a vacation rental or a cruise, but I have never actually done it. I cannot think of any other way to really benefit from a great last minute deal that involves airfare during peak travel times.

Being a compulsive planner, it is hard for me to wait until the last minute to finalize plans, but it also makes it easy for me to monitor prices and cancel and re-book as needed.

I am going to do a little research on itineraries of interest in July and then start monitoring airfare to those embarkation cities.

Thanks for sharing your idea!

Kim

That second statement is not correct.

I thought about you when I posted that - so, lets state it a little more accurately "on most cruise lines the deposit is non refundable". So far the only exception I have found is Celebrity.

You cannot both be right. Are deposits refundable on Celebrity in Australia?
Edited by Pushka