I'd like to ask Oceania - changing a passenger

suec12

Well I know it's better to go to the source rather than these boards, but I've been on hold for quite a awhile and can't take the blathering promos another minute!

I have a reservation for a May sail - final payment not made, nor am I past the $250 penalty date. The person I had planned to travel with is dithering - can I replace her with someone else and keep the reservation that I now have or will we need a new reservation and possibly have to pay a price difference? (we got a promo deal).

I don't use a TA and I'll ask Oceania when I have a chance but after holding for 15 minutes, I had to move on. Was hoping to get an idea here before I try calling again.

Yet another reason to use one.

A great TA can sometimes get a rule bent.

A year or two ago I asked my TA about this issue. His answer was that you can change the travel companion before final payment but not after. This was before the administrative charges went into effect, and could well have changed.

Best thing is to ask your TA or Oceania what the current policy is.

Mura

I agree

another agree....you have no idea how a well positioned agent can work miracles on your behalf.

Its another reason to have a professional represent you and your best interests.

Doctors don't treat themselves.. Lawyers... don't represent themselves...Gee is there a message hidden in that. For that reason alone a Travel Agent is a necessity... not an option

In a cruise I took this July, my husband had been dealing with too many health issues and was unable to travel. Oceania allowed me to replace him with my girlfriend. I think you had to have one of the original bookers(?) and as long as no tickets were issued (airline?)

Hope this helps,

Mia