Family Veranda or Concierge?

MikeColorado

First time cruising Celebrity. On Summit for Southern Caribbean this spring. I have a hold on an aft corner FV on deck 8 but also noticed an available concierge cabin aft, deck 9. Wondering if those of you with more experience with Celebrity have an opinion of which would be a better room.

Edited by MikeColorado

First time cruising Celebrity. On Summit for Southern Caribbean this spring. I have a hold on an aft corner FV on deck 8 but also noticed an available concierge cabin aft, deck 9. Wondering if those of you with more experience with Celebrity have an opinion of which would be a better room.

Go for Family Veranda. It is a much larger room. Also deck 8 is a better choice as deck 9 is directly below the Sunset Bar.

Absolutely stick with the corner FV. We just sailed in a corner FV on the Infinity, Deck 8; the "balcony" is really a private deck. It is HUGE (see pics below). And, as noted above, Deck 8 is between two decks of cabins; Deck 9 is below a bar. (I know some folks report no problems with noise, but my personal preference is to be on a deck with cabins above and below.)

Infinity8166deck2_zps4321b3ec.jpg

Infinity8166deck_zps1926741c.jpg

(photos by turtles06)

I agree -- stick with the corner FV. We've sailed in both corner FV (many times) as well as aft Concierge, and we'll take corner FV every chance. Not even a dilemma in our house! Enjoy :)

Edited by BEAV

Yes, go with the FV. Our last FV was the starboard corner one on Summit's Deck 8. To see photos of it, you can click on the links in my signature area. The interior photos are old because the FV was re-freshed during Summit's last drydock.

Edited by mahdnc

Take the FV!!!

I've stayed in both and the size and layout of the FV cabin and veranda is fantastic. The CC amenities are not that big of a deal.

Also, I'd much rather be on Deck 8 than deck 9 due to noise from the aft bar above.

Edited by Lsimon

Yes I agree with all of the above.

We had a C1 on the Millenium and grabbed the opportunity to change for the corner FV. It was on Deck 9 and there was some noise early in the morning as they were cleaning the deck above and moving the chairs around.

Thankfully the cabin directly below was empty and we were able to move.

The extra space is lovely, the corridor is great for your suitcases and if you enjoy sitting on your balcony you have plenty of room to place your chair in a different position every day!

Go for it and enjoy!;)