Is Persian gardens only for Aqua Class?

Gradelady

You can purchase a day pass or a cruise long pass. Also sometimes if you book a spa treatment you can negotiate a free pass for either right before or after your treatment. If you are Elite in Captain's Club (loyalty program) there is a coupon to use the Persian Gardens one time while the ship is in port (not sure if the higher levels of Captain's Club offer an even better Persian Gardens perk or not).

What exactly is this_ Persian Gardens. We are sailing on our first celebrity cruise and will be in Aqua. I saw this on the list of Aqua perks but I have no clue what it is?

Here is a description:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/global/mediaArticleOverlay.do?pagename=onboard_celebrity_persian_garden&parentpage=onboard_celebrity_spa_fitness

If you are interested then stop by the Spa on embarkation day afternoon when you can tour the area to see what is available. Many people love it. We've never had much of an interest.

Here is a description:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/global/mediaArticleOverlay.do?pagename=onboard_celebrity_persian_garden&parentpage=onboard_celebrity_spa_fitness

If you are interested then stop by the Spa on embarkation day afternoon when you can tour the area to see what is available. Many people love it. We've never had much of an interest.

Thank you for the information.

I will check it out when we get on the ship. On our last cruise to Alaska on the Coral Princess, we had a suite and got to use the 'Thermal Suite' for free. It was awesome! Wonder if I'll enjoy that as much on the Reflection in the Caribbean?

I would tour first before purchasing a pass. We looked at the area on the Infinity and thought it was small, cramped, no light, no heated loungers. They did have some benches. Not something I would pay for on an M class ship. I suspect it's better on S class.

IMO the steam rooms and rain showers are better on M-Class IF THEY'RE WORKING.

S-Class loungers in a room with sea view are worth the money to use for the full cruise in ports or not. Elite vouchers allow entry to the Persian Garden day while in port.

Yes, tour the Persian Garden the afternoon of embarkation to decide.

Locker rooms w/showers & sauna are compliments of the ship for all guests.

jls

I will check it out when we get on the ship. On our last cruise to Alaska on the Coral Princess, we had a suite and got to use the 'Thermal Suite' for free. It was awesome! Wonder if I'll enjoy that as much on the Reflection in the Caribbean?

I like the Persian garden/thermal spa on Orincess ships, but I also really enjoy the Celebrity ships thermal spa too. It's bright with a view of the ocean, whereas on Princess it was in a dimly lit room

I have to say that I am disappointed in the Persian Garden. We used to purchase a pass for the length of the cruise and loved it but have been less than impressed with it on the S-Class ships. Perhaps because of the Aqua Class there are more users but Celebrity did not proportionally increase the size of the place. So, while it is asthetically pleasing there are not enough loungers, sounds reverberate (probably due to the floor to ceiling windows), you can hear people talking in the steam room, noise from the showers, etc. IMHO, if you are not in Aqua Class it is not worth the additional cost.

I would tour first before purchasing a pass. We looked at the area on the Infinity and thought it was small, cramped, no light, no heated loungers. They did have some benches. Not something I would pay for on an M class ship. I suspect it's better on S class.

Very good point, Linda. After a peek into Millie's Persian Garden, we didn't even use our free port-day pass. Solstice Class is more like Century -- heated loungers, facing a large window -- very nice. My problem with purchasing a week (or longer) pass for the Persian Garden is that they automatically tack on a 15% gratuity -- a service charge with NO services provided. All the attendants ever do there is pick up and replace towels -- just like in the gym and poolside. :rolleyes:

I have always purchased a weekly pass for stone lounges/they are my

favorite thing/people do go in and fall asleep (only suppose to be in for max 20

min).....and some snore...so no lounges available for 45-60 min

I have complained to spa people to police the place if this happens, or threaten

to ask for my money back........they got right on it...

a pass can be purchased for any cabin category

Barb

I have to say that I am disappointed in the Persian Garden. We used to purchase a pass for the length of the cruise and loved it but have been less than impressed with it on the S-Class ships. Perhaps because of the Aqua Class there are more users but Celebrity did not proportionally increase the size of the place. So, while it is asthetically pleasing there are not enough loungers, sounds reverberate (probably due to the floor to ceiling windows), you can hear people talking in the steam room, noise from the showers, etc. IMHO, if you are not in Aqua Class it is not worth the additional cost.

I agree; had we not been in aqua class and instead directly paid for access to the Persian Garden, I would have been disappointed. We were on the Reflection 11/30 sailing. On several occasions, there were no locker keys available. Once inside the Persian Garden, the heated tile loungers were certainly comfortable, but there was a lot of foot traffic behind them, you could hear word-for-word the conversations being held in the steam room, and the sound of the blast from the showers was distracting. I found the dry sauna to be the most relaxing space. Oh, and the relaxation room on deck 11 had comfortable seating with great views, but it was used as the meeting place for massage appointments so there were many conversations being held between guests and the spa staff.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app