P Deck Azura?...

arpster

Hi - booked getaway fare for Xmas cruise on Azura and just been allocated P336 ...anyone have any experience of this deck / cabin?...obstructed view etc?....cant really make anything out from the deck plans!

many thanks

cath

We had a cabin on P deck and it great for access to everything that was going on. Its a bit surprising when you first get a four berth cabin as the beds are over where you would be when getting into bed. Just have to remember if you nip to the loo at night too not to bang your head.

Thanks for the replies guys ....very pleased to have unobstructed view cabin as when we booked it was at the obstructed view rate :) ....been looking more closely at the layout and it does seem quite a good spot in terms of access to the main public areas - and it seems P336 is the cabin right next to the Java Cafe....at least my husband wont have far to go for the morning coffees! :)

Thanks for the replies guys ....very pleased to have unobstructed view cabin as when we booked it was at the obstructed view rate :) ....been looking more closely at the layout and it does seem quite a good spot in terms of access to the main public areas - and it seems P336 is the cabin right next to the Java Cafe....at least my husband wont have far to go for the morning coffees! :)

May get some noise as near stabilisers?

regards:)

We never heard any noise apart from dis-embarkation day, the luggage gets taken off starting about 4 am and boy does that make a racket as it comes off one deck below.

Hmmm....bit concerned about that!....but hopefully the proximity to the atrium etc for the duration of the cruise will make up for it .....

I had a P deck cabin midships on Azura last April. When the weather got rough coming back through Biscay it was really stable down there. My only worry was waves splashing up against the window! But it was fine.

I had a P deck cabin midships on Azura last April. When the weather got rough coming back through Biscay it was really stable down there. My only worry was waves splashing up against the window! But it was fine.

Thanks Clodia......P336 is right next to the Java cafe (you can actually see the door of the cabin from various the shots of the atrium!)..was worrying that this might be too intrusive...but flipped the idea on its head now and instead going to think of it as a giant luxurious sitting area for the cabin! :)

• 3 weeks later...

well, have to say we really enjoyed our Xmas cruise - weather great (apart from Xmas day) - some lovely ports of call and DIY excursions - food on the whole excellent and met some delightful cruisemates.

BUT - if you like some privacy and peace and quiet in your stateroom and like to treat it as a haven away from the hullabaloo of the ship , then let me give this bit of advice - AVOID CABIN P336 AT ALL COSTS - after expressing our concerns pre-cruise we were assured by P&O that the room was sound proof - whoever told us this was obviously just reading from a PR customer service manual - as the truth was that the level of noise / music / singing / chatter - until midnight (and some nights well beyond) was akin to sleeping in the Atrium...noise that no amount of ear-plugs and pillows over the head could drown out.

We still had a lovely time but would have enjoyed the cruise even more had we been in a 'normal' cabin - because of its location Im actually amazed P&O have the brass neck to rent this room out - it should be a storeroom of some sort to give the rest of the corridor a buffer away from the public space of the atrium.

Anyway, im just posting this for the benefit of any future cruisers who want to know more about the cabin they've been allocated and come here either as forum members or via a google search. Again, unless you're a nite-owl / night clubber or have the unerring capacity to sleep like a log - AVOID CABIN P336 AT ALL COSTS...

A happy - and peaceful - New Year to one and all :cool: