Luggage tags

arkking

How do I order luggage tags for February 15 Indy cruise.

About 7 weeks before your cruise, your electronic cruise docs will be come ready. Go to the Online Check-In section of Royal's website. There should be a "Print Luggage Tag" button on that page.

If you are in a full suite (GS or better), then the button will enable you to order mailed luggage tags. Otherwise, only the printed ones are available for no extra charge.

IIRC, if you are not in a Grand Suite or higher cabin or a high level member in C&A you can print your tags. If you are in one of those cabins mentioned or high C&A status they will still be mailed. If you still want tags mailed and you do not meet the above requirements, I believe Royal charges a $35 fee for them to be mailed.

When do they mail out the tags? I am in a GS on the Dec. 22nd sailing of the FOS. I ordered the tags over a month ago and haven't received any yet. Should I wait a bit longer, or call to inquire?

I'd order them again. Back when we all could get mailed tags, it took no more than a week or so to get the tags.

I'd order them again. Back when we all could get mailed tags, it took no more than a week or so to get the tags.

I just checked my docs again. There is now a message saying that "due to high demand we have stopped mailing out luggage tags. You can get them from the porters at the pier." Hmmm. Not too happy with that. I like reinforcing my tags with clear packing tape before I cruise.

Edited by pe4all

I just checked my docs again. There is now a message saying that "due to high demand we have stopped mailing out luggage tags. You can get them from the porters at the pier." Hmmm. Not too happy with that. I like reinforcing my tags with clear packing tape before I cruise.

If you have access to your edocs (Royal calls them Guest Vacation Documents), you can find an image of your luggage tag towards the end of that document.

Weird. I received tags two weeks ago from RC!

Why should you be unhappy about that? It's a non issue. You give the bags to the porter--which you have to do anyway--and he'll have tags and a pen and it takes all of minute to tag the bags with your cabin number. One two three DONE.

Why should you be unhappy about that? It's a non issue. You give the bags to the porter--which you have to do anyway--and he'll have tags and a pen and it takes all of minute to tag the bags with your cabin number. One two three DONE.

As I said - I like re-inforcing them with tape. Just my preference. For those interested, this is the exact cut and pasted message: "We regret that luggage tag mailers are no longer available because the number of requested mailers has exceeded our permissible limits. You may secure your luggage tags from our porters once you arrive at the pier." I will print out my tags today so I can have them ready to attach at my pre-cruise hotel!

Edited by pe4all

As I said - I like re-inforcing them with tape. Just my preference. For those interested, this is the exact cut and pasted message: "We regret that luggage tag mailers are no longer available because the number of requested mailers has exceeded our permissible limits. You may secure your luggage tags from our porters once you arrive at the pier." I will print out my tags today so I can have them ready to attach at my pre-cruise hotel!

As I recall, that was a generic error message. It could mean that I already made two requests for tags, or it was too close to sailing to order tags.

As I recall, that was a generic error message. It could mean that I already made two requests for tags, or it was too close to sailing to order tags.

TY! I just printed them out. If they come in the mail, wonderful. Otherwise, I will be prepared. They are much "smaller" than those from the other cruise lines I have been on - so I am definitely glad I can reinforce them before I go.

TY! I just printed them out. If they come in the mail, wonderful. Otherwise, I will be prepared. They are much "smaller" than those from the other cruise lines I have been on - so I am definitely glad I can reinforce them before I go.

We ordered the cruise ship luggage tags from Amazon. Our printed luggage tags fit nicely in them! No need for tape or staples.

http://www.amazon.com/Cruisetags-NARROW-Cruise-Ship-Luggage/dp/B009PGOCUE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1386251092&sr=8-2&keywords=cruise+ship+luggage+tags

We are in a suite and ordered the tags (on Saturday Nov 30) as soon as they became available in our online cruise documents (49 days till the cruise) I ordered the tags first on my "sign in" screen and then my partner ordered his on his "sign in" screen (thinking that MY order would only have MY name on them) When he did that, this message came up in the luggage tag section: "We regret that luggage tag mailers are no longer available because the number of requested mailers has exceeded our permissible limits. You may secure your luggage tags from our porters once you arrive at the pier" We EACH received an envelope yesterday with the luggage tags. Each envelope had 4 with my name..4 with my partners. It was VERY FAST service for us.

We are in a suite and ordered the tags (on Saturday Nov 30) as soon as they became available in our online cruise documents (49 days till the cruise) I ordered the tags first on my "sign in" screen and then my partner ordered his on his "sign in" screen (thinking that MY order would only have MY name on them) When he did that, this message came up in the luggage tag section: "We regret that luggage tag mailers are no longer available because the number of requested mailers has exceeded our permissible limits. You may secure your luggage tags from our porters once you arrive at the pier" We EACH received an envelope yesterday with the luggage tags. Each envelope had 4 with my name..4 with my partners. It was VERY FAST service for us.

If there are 2 names on the same booking ID, then you will receive a total of 8 luggage tags, 4 in each person's name.