Recommendations for hotel between West Palm and Miami

BullDawg91

Questions, questions, questions!

We are cruising the Disney Wonder March 30th. We fly into West Palm Beach the day before and arrive at 2:00. There will be 9-11 of us, 4-6 adults and 5 kids.

I'm trying to decide if we should go on down toward Miami for a hotel or just stay closer to WPB. We'd like to stay closer to the port but don't really want to fork out big bucks for hotel rooms. We'll rent a car, and we know it will take about 1.5 hours to get to Miami. I don't want to be too freaked out about the drive on the 30th.

Recommendations?

If you wonder why WPB if I'm a worrywart, about $100 less per person in airfare is why! ;)

The Hampton Inn and Suites located on Strling Road in Hollywood, Florida is a nice location to spend the night. It's located just east of Interstate 95 at Exit 22. It's located right next to the Oakwood Mall that has an assortment of restaurants and fast food establishments. They include the Moonlite Diner, Dave and Buster's, Sweet Tomatoes, and some fast food stops located in the immediate area. When you leave on the 30th it's a short forty five minute drive to the downtown Miami area.

We are cruising the Disney Wonder March 30th. We fly into West Palm Beach the day before and arrive at 2:00. There will be 9-11 of us, 4-6 adults and 5 kids.

I'm trying to decide if we should go on down toward Miami for a hotel or just stay closer to WPB. We'd like to stay closer to the port but don't really want to fork out big bucks for hotel rooms. We'll rent a car, and we know it will take about 1.5 hours to get to Miami. I don't want to be too freaked out about the drive on the 30th.

Recommendations?

If you wonder why WPB if I'm a worrywart, about $100 less per person in airfare is why! ;)

I think I'd want to go ahead and get to Miami. Don't try and stay anywhere in between because then you have to turn around the next day and still head to Miami.

The thing is, there are no decent hotels immediately off the interstate especially the closer you get to Miami. I think the decent hotels off 95 end in Boca.

With the money you are saving on airfare, I'd go ahead and book the easiest downtown hotel, others on her can tell you.

That way you can all unload, head to Bayside, and get your vacation started.

Lastly, you try and stay anywhere in between and you are going to be hearding cats. Might as well only do it once and get them all the way to Miami.

If this was me I would want to get to Miami. That way once you are in Miami you just have to take a few taxis a very short distance to get to the pier in the morning.

Check out Hampton Inn. Prices are competitive. Lots of restaurants in walking distance. And they include a nice breakfast in the morning.

Other hotels to consider are: Intercontinental, Marriott Marquis, Marriott, Hyatt and Holiday Inn Bayside just to name a few but I would begin with the Hampton Inn in downtown Miami.

Keith

I think I'd want to go ahead and get to Miami. Don't try and stay anywhere in between because then you have to turn around the next day and still head to Miami.

The thing is, there are no decent hotels immediately off the interstate especially the closer you get to Miami. I think the decent hotels off 95 end in Boca.

With the money you are saving on airfare, I'd go ahead and book the easiest downtown hotel, others on her can tell you.

That way you can all unload, head to Bayside, and get your vacation started.

Lastly, you try and stay anywhere in between and you are going to be herding cats. Might as well only do it once and get them all the way to Miami.

You don't know how funny that statement is!! (OP's sister)

Recommendations?

The Hampton Inn and Suites located on Strling Road in Hollywood, Florida is a nice location to spend the night. It's located just east of Interstate 95 at Exit 22. It's located right next to the Oakwood Mall that has an assortment of restaurants and fast food establishments. They include the Moonlite Diner, Dave and Buster's, Sweet Tomatoes, and some fast food stops located in the immediate area. When you leave on the 30th it's a short forty five minute drive to the downtown Miami area.

Bulldawg- Keep in mind you may have one BIG problem- traffic into Miami!! By the time you get your car (s) and start heading south on I-95, it will be 3-30 PM, and the traffic both ways as you near Broward County ( Ft. Lauderdale area) can be unpredictable, even though you arriving on a Sunday...I think Corby114's idea is pretty good..I too, would like to go to Miami right away, BUT I don't like traffic, and I'm a West Palm resident and I know it can get bad..so staying in Hollywood wouldn't be a bad idea..there's also the Boardwalk in Hollywood which is really cool and has lots of restaurants & shops..then, as Corby says, a 45 min drive down to Miami ( maybe even 35 min)...good luck..

Big Al

The savings in airfare is per person, not total ($320 from ATL-MIA vs $220 from ATL-PBI). For the five of us, that's $500 and there's no way we'll spend that on transportation. I'm OP's sister and part of the 9-11 in the group, btw.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Recommendations?

Any LaQuinta using the Promo Code: h o m e d l (without the spaces).

Edited by Florissouri

Bulldawg- Keep in mind you may have one BIG problem- traffic into Miami!! By the time you get your car (s) and start heading south on I-95, it will be 3-30 PM, and the traffic both ways as you near Broward County ( Ft. Lauderdale area) can be unpredictable, even though you arriving on a Sunday...I think Corby114's idea is pretty good..I too, would like to go to Miami right away, BUT I don't like traffic, and I'm a West Palm resident and I know it can get bad..so staying in Hollywood wouldn't be a bad idea..there's also the Boardwalk in Hollywood which is really cool and has lots of restaurants & shops..then, as Corby says, a 45 min drive down to Miami ( maybe even 35 min)...good luck..

Big Al

The heavy traffic will be heading north on 95 heading out of Miami. That will not be a factor with them.