New MD for UK (2 Threads Merged)

little britain

Azamara Club Cruises has appointed Richard Twynam as its first managing director in the UK and Ireland, leading a new ten-strong dedicated team.

Twynam brings almost 20 years’ travel industry experience, having held senior positions at companies including Air New Zealand, TUI UK, Virgin Holidays Cruises and Kuoni UK.

His appointment follows a decision earlier this year by parent company, RCL Cruises Ltd, to evolve its UK and Ireland structure in response to business growth.

From 1 January 2014 its three brands – Royal Caribbean International, Azamara Club Cruises and Celebrity Cruises – will each have a dedicated business. However, Twynam will continue to work in the partnership with Stuart Leven, manager director Royal Caribbean International, and Jo Rzymowska, managing director Celebrity Cruises.

Supporting Twynam as commercial director is David Duff, formerly commercial planning and analysis for RCL Cruises Ltd.

Welcome to Mr Twynam. We will all be watching with great interest to see the impact of this appointment and wish him well in his endeavours to ensure the UK experiences matches the onboard experience

Hello UK Azamara Loyal Guests -

Here is the complete press release explaining the appointment of Richard Twynam as Azamara Club Cruises first managing director in the UK and Ireland:

MIAMI, Dec. 6, 2013 – Azamara Club Cruises has appointed Richard Twynam as its first ever managing director in the UK and Ireland. Twynam will lead a new 10-strong team dedicated to the destination immersive cruise line. Twynam brings almost 20 years of experience in the travel industry with him, having held senior positions at companies such as Air New Zealand, Tui UK, Virgin Holidays Cruises and Kuoni UK.

The appointment follows a decision earlier this year by parent company RCL Cruises Ltd to evolve its UK and Ireland business structure in response to business growth. Beginning January 1, 2014, there will be three dedicated businesses; however, Twynam will continue to work in partnership with Stuart Leven, manager director Royal Caribbean International and Jo Rzymowska, managing director Celebrity Cruises.

“The UK and Ireland market continues to be one of the largest and most important for Azamara Club Cruises and is going from strength to strength,” said Larry Pimentel, president and CEO of Azamara Club Cruises. “We are excited to welcome Richard Twynam to lead this evolution as we continue to grow and invest in our business in the UK. Now is a really exciting time for the business as the expansion continues.”

Supporting Twynam as commercial director is David Duff, formerly commercial planning and analysis for RCL Cruises Ltd. Duff is joined by a business analyst and an air and inventory team member. The new commercial team will aid agents in planning pricing, itineraries and strengthen the brand among British and Irish travelers.

In addition, Twynam will oversee a three-strong sales team and a marketing communications and PR manager. The sales and marketing team will be supported by a trade marketing executive, the first time the cruise line has enjoyed this level of agent focus in the UK and Ireland.

Richard will officially join the business on 2 January 2014 but will be spending some time in the office between now and the New Year. In fact, this past Friday, Larry Pimentel, President & CEO of Azamara Club Cruises joined Richard and the new team in the UK office for a planning meeting.

Azamara Club Cruises offers distinct destination-immersive experiences for up-market travelers. The cruise line uniquely features voyages with longer stays and more overnights at ports to provide guests the opportunity to experience night touring at some of the most compelling destinations of Europe, Asia, South America, West Indies, as well as Central and North America. On board the intimate Azamara Journey and Azamara Quest, guests receive exceptional and personal service and the cruise line’s authentic, exclusive and bespoke AzAmazing Evenings events that showcase the unexpected colors and flavors of a destination.Guests also enjoy fine cuisine and boutique wines from around the world, as well as more inclusive amenities, such as included gratuities; complimentary bottled water, sodas, specialty coffee, and teas, as well as complimentary boutique wines, international beers and select standard spirits in the ships’ bars, lounges and restaurants when open; complimentary self-service laundry; English Butler service for suite guests; and shuttle transportation to city centers in ports, where available.

Azamara Club Cruises is a brand of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (NYSE/OSX: RCL), a global cruise vacation company that also owns Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, Pullmantur, and CDF Croisières de France, as well as TUI Cruises through a 50 percent joint venture. Together, the six brands operate a combined total of 41 ships with four under construction. They operate diverse itineraries around the world that call on approximately 460 destinations on all seven continents.

For more information, travelers can call their travel professional, dial 1-877-999-9553, or visit www.AzamaraClubCruises.com. Connect with Azamara Club Cruises on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AzamaraClubCruises, on Twitter @AzamaraVoyages or follow President and CEO @LarryPimentel. Travel agent professionals can access more information and make reservations at www.CruisingPower.com.

As I've stated before, there are actually different rules of engagement in our markets so although the programs deliver savings, the details differ to adhere to specific marketplace policies. For customer service in the UK and Ireland, I recommend that you email Azamara UK directly:

§ For pre-cruise questions - azamaraservice.uk@rccl.com.

§ For post-cruise issues - custserv.uk@rccl.com

In the meantime, I will be checking with the UK for other contact information and adding that information sometime next week.

Thanks for your patience during this transition process.

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

New UK team for Azamara as brands split. (Dec 9, 2013)

Richard Twynam has been appointed the first ever managing director in the UK and Ireland for boutique cruise line Azamara Club Cruises.

He will lead a new 10-strong team dedicated to the brand which will be split from sister brands Royal Caribbean International and Celebrity Cruises from January.

per:

http://www.travelmole.com/news_feature.php?news_id=2009366&c=setreg&region=2

Is this true?

This has been discussed here and with the full press release. I see it as a positive step, albeit sales of Azamara cruises within the UK will be handled by a team in Guatemala from the New Year. I'm not sure what to make of that one, but will reserve judgement.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1952922

Phil

Am also not overly concerned at the moment and am hoping that a dedicated Azamara UK MD will substantially improve the shoreside operation for us here in the UK.

That said, I am worried about sales being handled by folk in Guatamala and will personally book all future Az cruises via a TA.

Am also not overly concerned at the moment and am hoping that a dedicated Azamara UK MD will substantially improve the shoreside operation for us here in the UK.

That said, I am worried about sales being handled by folk in Guatamala and will personally book all future Az cruises via a TA.

Spot on, I am delighted that there is a dedicated Azamara UK MD and I too hope that this will actually help the brand, not least because their role seems to be focussing on market development. As Azamara remain relatively unknown in the UK this can only help the brand longer term.

Two issues could still impede this growth, the website (if US guests think their website is bad, they should experience some of the international versions there is bad and there is bad!) and the way guests are able to interact with Azamara UK. I still fear a Guatemalan based call centre is not the best route

Edited by uktog

Reads to me like it's referring to the UK organization only. Instead of one organization representing all three lines in the UK, there will be three, one "dedicated" to each line. Probably reflects the increasing number of passengers from the UK.

Hi Marinaro44,

That's exactly how I see it as well. It's an organizational item. I highly doubt the new MD will affect the bulk of Azamara on a day to day basis... though I truly hope the relocation of the UK call center to Guatemala call center will work out favorably. Like Excitedofharpenden, I'm reserving judgememt on this, and look forward to reports from our dear UK CC members, after the move is implemented.

• 1 month later...

Azamara Club Cruises announces Karen Sequeira to head marketing and PR team; Stuart Pearce joins as regional sales manager (South) and Nicola Singleton as regional sales manager (North); Ann Marie Meaney named strategic account manager…

Source:e-tid.com