No Pinnacle Grill on Westerdam?

gwesq

I jsut went to the HAL website & signed in to book dining reservations for my upcoming (Jan) cruise on the Westerdam. One of the "perks" from my TA is a complimentary evening at the Pinnacle Grill, on the night of embarkation.

HOWEVER, in trying to make dining reservations, there is no option for Pinnacle - only le Cirque and Canaletto. Thinknig the grill was not open that night beacuse of LeCirque I tried other evenings, and on no evening does Pinnacle show up as an option.

Closed?

Too soon?

Yes, Westerdam certainly has a beautiful Pinnacle.

I'm wondering if there might not be a large group on your cruise and they have taken over Pinnacle for the week? I have heard of that happening (though rarely). It is definitely not because it's too early to book if you mean Jan. 2014.

Don't think it's too early, as I booked about a month ago for my Feb cruise.

Thinking maybe they are not taking on-line reservations anymore, since with the Explore4 promotion, there's a Pinnacle Dining included...:confused: I understand you cannot choose that night - it is pre-assigned.

Please note that even if you were able to make a reservation, you would have to give a credit card and pay the full charge when you book as we cannot use gifts on line. We must pay in advance and get a credit when we actually dine in the restaurant.

Three, Four and Five Star Mariners who get discounts and free dinners also have to pay in advance and then get credit when they have their dinner.

Did others book online?

It doesn't surprise me about paying when booking & getting the credit later - not a problem.

The problem is if the Pinnacle is reserved for the entire cruise. That would not make me very happy, esp. if A) there's a group that large, and B) I am supposed to get a credit for that one night there, but then they don't have it available.

But LeCirque shows as available for the 5th night of the 7 night cruise.

Did others book online?

It doesn't surprise me about paying when booking & getting the credit later - not a problem.

The problem is if the Pinnacle is reserved for the entire cruise. That would not make me very happy, esp. if A) there's a group that large, and B) I am supposed to get a credit for that one night there, but then they don't have it available.

But LeCirque shows as available for the 5th night of the 7 night cruise.

I don't blame you. We wouldn't like that either.

I agree it's a good idea for you or TA to call Ship's Services.

HAL told me I can only make reservations for PInnacle ON the ship!

That's news!

I have pre-booked Pinnacle reservations many times on many HAL ships. Perhaps what the rep who told you that meant you could only make your reservations on the ship IF you wanted to avoid paying due to your TA's gift. If you do not want to pre-pay, you must wait until you are aboard to book. As I posted earlier in this thread, the same applies to Three, Four and Five Star Mariners who get various discounts as well as some free Pinnacle dinners.

If that is not what the rep meant, there are two choices: The rep is wrong and gave incorrect info or they changed the policy the moment you asked about it?

I wonder if they accept a certain percentage online and the rest have to be booked on the ship?

That seems to be reasonable.

You cannot use the TA gift to book online - someone here once advised that you book and pay online and try to get it refunded later - that does not work.:rolleyes: Best thing is to make your reservation when you board.

I wonder if they accept a certain percentage online and the rest have to be booked on the ship?

That seems to be reasonable.

You cannot use the TA gift to book online - someone here once advised that you book and pay online and try to get it refunded later - that does not work.:rolleyes: Best thing is to make your reservation when you board.

That is exactly what is happening there is only a small percentage that they allow to confirm reservations for the Pinnacle in advance.The rest have to book once on board. Once they have hit that magic number they totally close the Pinnacle for pre-reservations. It may even be totally open for the night and time you want but if they hit the target number they close it. Also HAL is finding that many are trying to work the system with the Explore4 :D They are making their Pinnacle Reservations paying for it in advance then know they will be able to get reimbursed once on the ship. They have seen a much higher number of reservations and feel it is most likely due to the Explore4.