Boarding time Ocean Princess PPT

betonic

We're boarding the Ocean Princess on Monday. I remember reading that they allow disembarking passengers to stay on board in the public areas until the evening since there are so many late flights. We are not interested in going to the ship early and having our first impression be of a crowded ship. Does anyone have experience with this? Also, what time would be the latest we can board considering that the ship overnights in PPT? I guess that once the cabins are ready we can be in our cabin if we feel it's crowded. Our hotel will give us a late check out so we might prefer to stay there and enjoy the pool or beach.

Thanks for any advise.

You can board at the usual time as at other embarkation ports, around noon.

The departing passengers must be out of their cabins by 8 AM, so the cabins will be ready for new passengers when boarding starts.

The departing passengers who will still be on the ship until late afternoon can participate in normal ship activities such as lunch in the dining room, the buffet, using the pool, etc. Some may be off the ship on Princess tours or touring on their own.

I would not worry about it. First of all, the Ocean, as a small ship, does not have that many passengers, roughly 680. There might be a few dozen staying on board, and they will not all be in the same place. Except during the first rush (or if you're sharing a security line with the Royal), you should go through the boarding process very quickly, so I would show up when it pleases you (obviously allowing time before departure).

The two small ships are rarely crowded. It's one reason I prefer them.

Edited by Wehwalt

As others have already noted the departing passengers that remain onboard the ship are a subset of the total number onboard. Many got off early for early AM departures, some are doing day excursions, some are doing post cruise extensions at resorts in Tahiti and Moorea, some are exploring in Papeete on their own, and just a few hang around the ship during the date. Those being transferred to the airport will be gone by 7 PM at the latest.

Whatever you decide please be sure to be onboard for the evening entertainment in the showroom/lounge as it is a Tahitian Folkloric show that should not be missed. Several of the dancers, and the entire drum crew, are the usually the reigning champions. Top-notch... so don't miss this.

Enjoy, as we have found this cruise to be the most memorable we have taken.

It's good to hear that the ship won't be very crowded. I'm really looking forward to the small ship experience.

We arrive in PPT today so I guess we'll decide what time we want to board based on what we want to do on Monday. If we find an activity that interests us in PPT that day or if we find hanging around the hotel attractive we'll go later.

We're getting off the ship the night before regular disembarkation so we can go to the airport and avoid waiting around for a night flight the next day. This particular cruise ends very close to the holidays and for me once I give up my hotel room or cruise ship cabin the vacation feels over.

It's good to hear that the ship won't be very crowded. I'm really looking forward to the small ship experience.

We arrive in PPT today so I guess we'll decide what time we want to board based on what we want to do on Monday. If we find an activity that interests us in PPT that day or if we find hanging around the hotel attractive we'll go later.

We're getting off the ship the night before regular disembarkation so we can go to the airport and avoid waiting around for a night flight the next day. This particular cruise ends very close to the holidays and for me once I give up my hotel room or cruise ship cabin the vacation feels over.

You could also check in and then leave if you wish. You can also check in your luggage if the regular check in is not available and then leave as well which is what we did last time.

As you know some of the flights arrive in the evening, so I am sure that you can check it late at night. Once we checked it at around 10 PM after the arrival of our flight, but it felt like I missed a day of the cruise, so now I either arrive a day or two early or catch a flight to arrive in the morning.

Remember it is a small ship so you will not have to wait at all unless you arrive before check in is opened.

Enjoy our cruise. We have enjoyed everyone of ours.