Drink Packages-- Worth it?

SweetPease

We've ordered - and paid for - the Prestige drink package for our first O cruise next month. While we have the email confirming payment for this, the existence of our package wasn't reflected in the cruise document package we received, or anywhere on the website. Is this normal? Do we need to check with O to make sure it's there? And, in what physical form is the "proof" of our package once we check-in for the cruise?

Have been reading that one can purchase a "drink" package for the length of the cruise. 2 Options, one for drinks with lunch and dinner ("house" beer & wine) or an all inclusive for drinks anytime ("most drinks" on bar lists). Has anyone bought either package? Is it worth the money given the number of days in ports? We are not heavy drinkers, but DH likes his beer and red wine and I enjoy champagne or wine. We will occasionally order a mixed drink, but rare. Thanks for any advice you can offer!

I had it (the most expensive one) on my cruises. Unless you really like to drink its not worth it. If you're going to get it for the convenience factor its not worth it (I had to show my card 4 times in Martinis one night). If I were to only use it in the restaurants it is most definitely not worth it with the glacial speed of drink service.

We've ordered - and paid for - the Prestige drink package for our first O cruise next month. While we have the email confirming payment for this, the existence of our package wasn't reflected in the cruise document package we received, or anywhere on the website. Is this normal? Do we need to check with O to make sure it's there? And, in what physical form is the "proof" of our package once we check-in for the cruise?

You're World Card will be embossed differently from other passengers if you've taken the Beverage Package

180337.jpg

Can anyone tell me how long the typical wait time is when requesting a prepurchsed bottle in storage to be poured in a dining venue? Likewise is there a long wait at a bar for a glass of a prepurchased wine to be located and serverd?

Can drink packages be purchased anytime during the voyage?

On our recent cruise, drink packages could only be purchased the day of embarkation and the following day.

As far as speed if you have purchased a bottle of wine, it was incredibly fast. We had the drinks package, but our friends had the purchased bottles of wine. They arrived at the same time as our glasses on the prepurchased package. I was actually pretty amazing.

Could someone on recent cruises please tell me how much in US Dollars are the drinks package. I can only find it in UK pounds which is £39.99 but would like a price in US dollars please.

I cannot get into the US site of Oceania so that is why I am asking.

Many thanks.

Could someone on recent cruises please tell me how much in US Dollars are the drinks package. I can only find it in UK pounds which is £39.99 but would like a price in US dollars please.

I cannot get into the US site of Oceania so that is why I am asking.

Many thanks.

Currently advertised prices on the US Oceania web page are $39.95 and $59.95.

We take the prestige package. It gives us all the flexibility that we want, especially on "at sea days". Another note is they had several nice cognacs on the package list, so that one of those of the list would pay for half of the package by itself.;)

First the package, either, I am told is or will be available only for the first 2 days aboard. Once started it can not be cancelled and will run the duration or remainder for the cruise your booked.

A note of caution If your taking 2 cruises and booking as a back to back then you can not book for just one segment ( first or second) and must book for the remaining duration of gross days booked. The April 19 cruise is and example as it is 17 days to Lima and then 16 days to NY.. People booked on either but not both segments can buy the package for their respective cruies.

However, passengers booked on the 33 day grand cruise must, once started, do the entire 33 days.

Now, is it a great deal... I have read, as you of many who get off and pick up a local wine or spirit from their ports. Works in Europe and South America to an extent.....but not in the Pacific and South Pacific.

The regional libation available are... Beetle nuts, Kava, Jungle Juice and "Torpedo Juice" ( a US NAVY fave, tapped from the fuel cell of MarkV torpedos) and some crude Rum called OP 100 proof, ( aged overnight to perfection in steel drums) There are no wineries in Marquaeas, Tahiti,Fiji, Caladonia ,Panama, Easter Island , the Toutoumas, No liquor store in Farakava or Bora.

New Zealand has them and charges dearly for them ( more like 20 buck chuck). Its a long dry expensive trip across the water. Papeete will be the only spot and all shipped from France ( surprise) with prices straight from Rue De Fauberg Paris.

So sweetpea...... go with the full boat because you are going to find it slim to none So buy into the seagoing supply if you want to rest easy.....

LOL!! Well put, Sir. And as I learned from my Dad ( Gunnery Officer,USNR, WWII) All too true!

Having completed our cruise, I can say that the all inclusive package was worth it for us in the Caribbean. Nice to be able to get any drink you want wherever you want. But if we had been in the Med, where local wines are excellent and readily available, we would not have taken the all inclusive package. All depends on where you are sailing.