Explore 4 on reservation

Lkcossmfr

My Explore 4 confirmation was sent to me in a separate email, with a PDF document with all the details and referencing our specific reservation. The subject line was "Open Immediately: Important Notification for Booking XXX". I will bring this with me when I go just in case...

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I was told they don't indicate anywhere visible on the reservation when I called and asked this question. They said that we just have to trust that it's there and that I could call and verify if I wanted to at any time.

What kind of answer is that?

What are you supposed to do if you arrive at the ship and they deny you Explore4? I'd ask they at least send you an e-mail confirmation stating you have Explore4 as part of your booking.

If it isn't written down, it just may not exist.

What are you supposed to do if you arrive at the ship and they deny you Explore4? I'd ask they at least send you an e-mail confirmation stating you have Explore4 as part of your booking.

If it isn't written down, it just may not exist.

This is a very good point. You really and truly need to have something in writing to take on the ship, just in case there is a "mix-up". This does happen, some would say a lot.

If it isn't written down, it just may not exist

A very bad one I agree. I have been meaning to ask them to send me a confirmation stating I have it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

Sorted through my old emails and finally found one that did have the explore 4 promo info in a PDF attachment as a previous poster mentioned. So thank you for that, I will be printing it out.

It really should be spelled out on the HAL reservation though. There is a way they know you are entitled to the promotion so why not add it to your reservation and save some angst?

Ahoy!

we had our TA get a confirmation sent to us for the Explore4 package that was included in our upcoming reservation.

It was not shown on the re-reservation we made after a recent price drop.

As others have mentioned, I would certainly take a copy of the confirmation (and any other gift, package, tour confirmations, etc. you may have purchased) with you to prevent any problems.

Although it doesn't happen often, 'the left hand sometimes doesn't know what the right hand is doing', as it were.

Have a great cruise!

Bon Voyage & Happy Holidays!

Bob

Sorted through my old emails and finally found one that did have the explore 4 promo info in a PDF attachment as a previous poster mentioned. So thank you for that, I will be printing it out.

It really should be spelled out on the HAL reservation though. There is a way they know you are entitled to the promotion so why not add it to your reservation and save some angst?

Glad you found it.

Make an extra copy!!

Ahoy!

we had our TA get a confirmation sent to us for the Explore4 package that was included in our upcoming reservation.

It was not shown on the re-reservation we made after a recent price drop.

As others have mentioned, I would certainly take a copy of the confirmation (and any other gift, package, tour confirmations, etc. you may have purchased) with you to prevent any problems.

Although it doesn't happen often, 'the left hand sometimes doesn't know what the right hand is doing', as it were.

Have a great cruise!

Bon Voyage & Happy Holidays!

Bob

There have been a couple of times when there were mix-ups on the ships. I just whip out that extra copy to hand to the concierges so that they can straighten out things.

Good.... :)

Please let us know if they co-operate and send an e-mail.

Just following up on this... I finally had the time and energy to call them and the answer was "you'll just have to trust us". They said they had a template that didn't work properly and couldn't send me anything that proved I have it but that it was noted on the reservation. Pretty bad customer service in my opinion.

just another of dozens of examples of hal 'losing it.' wonder if this happens on other so-called 'premium' cruise lines. hal is a 'mess' right now. omg, how the mighty has fallen, and how the cheerleaders will put up with it, justify it, and go on cruising with hal. not me, friends, not me.

how long do some of us have to put up with things like this until we just wake up to the fact that hal is on the ropes, almost dead, and carnival is letting it happen, slowly but surely? frankly i hope the moribund ships, poor service, sad food, and no real entertainment, plus punitive rules and band room service, and etc. just put a quick end to the hal enterprise. gonna happen, you know.

just another of dozens of examples of hal 'losing it.' wonder if this happens on other so-called 'premium' cruise lines. hal is a 'mess' right now. omg, how the mighty has fallen, and how the cheerleaders will put up with it, justify it, and go on cruising with hal. not me, friends, not me.

I'm not under the impression that HAL is trying to be a premium line. Their prices are fairly in line with all of the other mass market mainstream brands.

how long do some of us have to put up with things like this until we just wake up to the fact that hal is on the ropes, almost dead, and carnival is letting it happen, slowly but surely? frankly i hope the moribund ships, poor service, sad food, and no real entertainment, plus punitive rules and band room service, and etc. just put a quick end to the hal enterprise. gonna happen, you know.

I don't think "the end is near." I can't book a Neptune or Signature Suite for any of the longer cruises I wanted to take in February. Someone is certainly sailing HAL.

• 3 weeks later...