Mariner points

Watson's aunt

Hi

On the mariner points I have booked a few excusions for my next cruise. I know I will gets points for this. Its a 14 day cruise. I will be traveling with a roomma

sorry I have a ad blocking My message and I can not see what I am postingI know we both get the points but if we spend 300. per day will we get 1 day or is there a limit. I have tried everything trying to get rid of these adds It is only here I am getting them.

MAryte. What is the limit of points can we get per day.

There is a limit of one bonus day per cruise day, so the maximum you can get in a non-suite cabin on a 14 day cruise is 28 days no matter what you spend. In a suite you would get an additional 14.

The bonus days are based on the total spending for the cruise, not what is spent each day. You could spend nothing for most of the cruise and buy $4200 worth of jewelry on the last day to get the 14 bonus.

Edited by catl331

Any purchases for excursions or dinner reservations etc you make in advance of boarding all count toward your total spending. If you receive a gift through HAL from your TA or anyone, the value of that gift is added to your spending amount.

Any purchases for excursions or dinner reservations etc you make in advance of boarding all count toward your total spending. If you receive a gift through HAL from your TA or anyone, the value of that gift is added to your spending amount.

I will also be traveling with a roommate. We plan to purchase the unlimited laundry package as we are doing 28 days on the Oosderdam. I'm not sure how that will work . I think that the laundry package is per cabin and not per person. Am I correct on that ? Will only one of us get credit for that purchase or will it be divided ?Just wondering .Has anyone had any experience with this ?

Bonus days are "earned" by the total spending per cabin and each gets the bonus days regardless of who spent what. So if you didn't spend anything extra and you cabin mate spent 300 you each get one day; if you spent $200 and cabin mate spent $100, again, you'd each get one bonus day.

When my 2 DS and I traveled together in one cabin, all spending (by all 3 of us) counted towards the total, but the bonus days go only to the 1st and 2nd pax listed (so the order in which you're listed matters - wonderful Mom that I am:), I listed them 1st and 2nd, me 3rd, so they could get the bonus days). Also, we were in a suite and all 3 of us got the double days for that.

Edited by bcd2010

I wonder if the land tour days count. We will have three land and 7 cruise days on our upcoming Alaska cruise.

The land days on a cruise/tour count. In your example, it would be 10 days. I am not sure able getting double credit for a suite, but I would assume so.

DaveOKC

The land days on a cruise/tour count. In your example, it would be 10 days. I am not sure able getting double credit for a suite, but I would assume so.

DaveOKC

If you are in a suite, you get double days for the land portion as well as the cruise portion.

I wonder if the land tour days count. We will have three land and 7 cruise days on our upcoming Alaska cruise.

Alaska land tour days count and are doubled same as those days on the ship if you are in a suite.

Bonus days are "earned" by the total spending per cabin and each gets the bonus days regardless of who spent what. So if you didn't spend anything extra and you cabin mate spent 300 you each get one day; if you spent $200 and cabin mate spent $100, again, you'd each get one bonus day.

When my 2 DS and I traveled together in one cabin, all spending (by all 3 of us) counted towards the total, but the bonus days go only to the 1st and 2nd pax listed (so the order in which you're listed matters - wonderful Mom that I am:), I listed them 1st and 2nd, me 3rd, so they could get the bonus days). Also, we were in a suite and all 3 of us got the double days for that.

That was very nice of you to list the children as #1 and #2.

Thanks Sail. I guess we'll have to take two or three more cruises to reach the four star level!! I don't know which will run out first, my health or my money!

:) I have a plan to handle that........

STAY HEALTHY and win the lottery~!

All best wishes you maintain the best of good health and sufficient funds. :)

If the room mates have separate accounts (meaning separate charge cards), they will each have to earn their own $300 to get a point.

So I am guessing one of us will purchase the package and we can both partake or will we each have to purchase the package ? I thought the package was per cabin , but we will have two seperate accounts .I am confussed on this mater , any thoughts .

The laundry package is per cabin and the person to whom's account it is charged will get the 'Mariner Day spending credit'.

I would suggest the two of you make an agreement and share the cost and both share use of the package. The one who will get the spending credit could purchase wine perhaps or soft drinks or something to balance out so you both get approximately equal Mariner days. Maybe there is something in the gift shop one of you wants and the other could purchase it to make the spending about equal.

Edited by sail7seas

The laundry package is per cabin and the person to whom's account it is charged will get the 'Mariner Day spending credit'.

I would suggest the two of you make an agreement and share the cost and both share use of the package. The one who will get the spending credit could purchase wine perhaps or soft drinks or something to balance out so you both get approximately equal Mariner days. Maybe there is something in the gift shop one of you wants and the other could purchase it to make the spending about equal.

Thanks Sail . I was afraid we may not get to share it because of our seperate accounts . We had planned on splitting the cost . We had no thoughts to the points . Now we will see what we may come up with on that accord .I'm sure it won't be hard to figure out .

As a practical matter, if they were to say the package is only for one because you have two accounts, how would they know if it was your t shirt or your roomies shirt in the laundry bag? :D You could still share the package, I would think. Sure, you might handwash some of your dainties to avoid sending too much out but I doubt they would question too many pairs of jeans were sent for laundering?

If the room mates have separate accounts (meaning separate charge cards), they will each have to earn their own $300 to get a point.
Sorry, the pertinent factor is if the roommates have separate booking numbers, not accounts (separate charge cards). As long as they are on the same booking number they will each receive the Mariner credit for all charges to the room - no matter which credit card they were charged to.

I have cruised a few times with a friend, not my DH. We each paid for our own expenses on separate charge cards. Not only did she get the Mariner credit for everything I bought, she also received all of my 4* perks. That included laundry and even discounts on purchases at the Explorations Cafe when I wasn't with her. The guy ringing up her iced chai tea latte was quite surprised when the card for a 1* Mariner was ringing up with the 50% discount.

Razorback Cruiser - don't worry, you'll both be able to use the laundry package that one of you buys. While we don't pay for laundry, if we did, I'd just go to the Front Desk and have them put a credit for my half on my friends account - charged to my card. Or, pay her in cash. Whatever works.

Edited by Mary Ellen