Norwegian Jewel Questions

anacruise

Hello,

I have a few questions about the NCL Jewel.

1. How deep is the sapphire swimming pool on the NCL Jewel?

2. Do they have Indian food on the NCL Jewel? If so what kind of Indian Food do they have?

3. Is there a glow in the dark bowling ally and a wii on the NCL Jewel?

Thank you for any help.

Regards,

Ana

Hello,

2. Do they have Indian food on the NCL Jewel? If so what kind of Indian Food do they have?

Thank you for any help.

Regards,

Ana

Hi Ana, I don't think that the Jewel has a bowling alley, the Pearl does (a picture of it in my review in my signature). I think that the pools on most ships are no more than 5 or 6 feet. You're going to love the Jewel, my second fav in the NCl fleet. They cook some Indian dishes in the buffet. I will post some photos for you on Monday. Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Here is a video I took while on board.

Jack

Edited by C Cruise Dude
correction

They have about 4 different Indian dishes in the buffet. It is one of my favorite place to go as I enjoy Indian food Some of the dishes are vegetarian. They also change the variety of these dishes each night.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I noticed talk about Indian food on another thread, but I'm reposting here just in case I don't get an answer on that one.

How do you know when they are having the Indian food at the buffet? Does it say in the dailies? Do they announce it? Are there signs? I have never noticed any Indian food in the buffet before.

I noticed talk about Indian food on another thread, but I'm reposting here just in case I don't get an answer on that one.

How do you know when they are having the Indian food at the buffet? Does it say in the dailies? Do they announce it? Are there signs? I have never noticed any Indian food in the buffet before.

I found it hit or miss but I was not looking for it.

DSCF6480_zps5cbe291e.jpg

Pool on the Jewel - This is in Alaska - I was wearing my winter coat.

DSCF7018_zps54497790.jpg

DSCF7048_zps68ce1e50.jpg

You could take pictures with Sponge Bob

DSCF7046_zpse8ada6bc.jpg

This torture was right down the hall from my cabin and it's open 24 hours a day. The Blue Lagoon.

DSCF6955_zpsb04bcd75.jpg

DSCF7034_zps714636c5.jpg

Met the crew after a great stage show.

I found it hit or miss but I was not looking for it.

DSCF6480_zps5cbe291e.jpg

Pool on the Jewel - This is in Alaska - I was wearing my winter coat.

DSCF7018_zps54497790.jpg

DSCF7048_zps68ce1e50.jpg

You could take pictures with Sponge Bob

DSCF7046_zpse8ada6bc.jpg

This torture was right down the hall from my cabin and it's open 24 hours a day. The Blue Lagoon.

DSCF6955_zpsb04bcd75.jpg

DSCF7034_zps714636c5.jpg

Met the crew after a great stage show.

You quoted me asking about the Indian food. I'm confused what these pictures and post have to do with that.

Hello,

Thank you for any help.

Regards,

Ana

Ana, we just got off the Jewel Sunday, so I can answer some of your questions..

1. The adult pool (the only one I went into), is pretty deep and large as far as cruise pools go. It is big enough to swim laps, and I can barely touch the bottom in the shallow end (I'm 5'4"). My husband is 6' and in the deep end the water was over his head.

2. There is Indian food of some sort on the buffet every day, at lunch and dinner. it is combined with the Asian food. It is over at the station that has the wok, there is usually 1-2 types of curry and some other dish, as well as a few types of rice and other Indian goodies to add to the dishes.

3. There is a Wii, but no bowling ally on the Jewel. They announce different games in the dailies.

2. There is Indian food of some sort on the buffet every day, at lunch and dinner. it is combined with the Asian food. It is over at the station that has the wok, there is usually 1-2 types of curry and some other dish, as well as a few types of rice and other Indian goodies to add to the dishes.

Woo Hoo. Glad to hear this. I will have to mosey on over there and look for it. Thanks for letting me know it's located by the Asian food. That helps. :)

The Jewel Buffet is set up a little different than most ships...most ships have one line for the buffet on each side. On the Jewel, they have 5 different stations. For lunch, starting at the main entrance, the first station usually had salads, station 2 was main dishes. Station 3 had a special drink area, soups, and breads. Station 4 was the Asian station on one side and they had Indian food on the other. Station 5 usually had desserts. Along the back wall, they had pizza, a pasta station, burgers and hotdogs.

I didn't eat there for dinner, but I did pass through and it was set up the same as lunch.

Also on the sea days, they also had a bbq grill set up by the pool and they had different things out there...one day is was bbq chicken, another day sausage, one day they had a seafood dish....can't think of what it was called. It was almost like a mini buffet. They also have a grill station by the pool with hot dogs, hamburgers. There is also the Blue Lagoon that is open 24 hours with a limited comfort food menu. My son loved the wings there.

Hope that helps.

The Jewel Buffet is set up a little different than most ships...most ships have one line for the buffet on each side. On the Jewel, they have 5 different stations. For lunch, starting at the main entrance, the first station usually had salads, station 2 was main dishes. Station 3 had a special drink area, soups, and breads. Station 4 was the Asian station on one side and they had Indian food on the other. Station 5 usually had desserts. Along the back wall, they had pizza, a pasta station, burgers and hotdogs.

Sorry - learning all of the resturant names - what is the name of the resturant that has this buffet?

Sorry - learning all of the resturant names - what is the name of the resturant that has this buffet?

It is called The Garden Cafe

Also, if you go to the end of the buffet area, past station 5, there is another seating area...there is also different station set up there. In the morning, they have it set up for early risers for before the regular big buffet is open. At lunch, they had sandwiches and potato chips there. I don't think they had anything there during the evening buffet. During the chocolate buffet, they had sugar free desserts there.

Also...the Garden Cafe buffet usually closed mid afternoon to get ready for dinner. Past the Garden Cafe, at the back of the boat is the area called The Great Outdoors. That is another smaller buffet area that was usually open when the the main buffet was closed. They usually had a couple soups, some ready made sandwiches, and a few other main dishes. They also had cookies there in the afternoon...which I think was the only place you could find them.

Also, if you go to the end of the buffet area, past station 5, there is another seating area...there is also different station set up there. In the morning, they have it set up for early risers for before the regular big buffet is open. At lunch, they had sandwiches and potato chips there. I don't think they had anything there during the evening buffet. During the chocolate buffet, they had sugar free desserts there.

They have made to order crepes there in the late afternoon and evening. with about 6 different fillings/toppings.

They have made to order crepes there in the late afternoon and evening. with about 6 different fillings/toppings.

Had those creeps in Oct and they were delicious. Really like how they gave setup the islands in the buffet as it reduces the lines. Hate buffets were you have to stand in one line. The buffet is where I ate mostly due to the bigger variety than the MDR.

I just got off the Jewel and I remember seeing Indian food everyday in the buffet. They also had one stir fry type Indian special cooked by a chef fresh in the buffet. Many of the vegetarian dishes were in the Indian food section of the buffet. I am not a big fan of Indian food but some in our group said it was very good and I would have no idea what the dishes were. I do remember seeing a number of curry dishes and fresh kimshi (spelling?) It does not say in the Dailies what dishes are in the buffets.

We were on the Jewel over Thanksgiving. We ate breakfast daily at the Garden Cafe. Our "secret" place to meet was at the Italian restaurant next to the Cafe. It is open for buffet overflow seating during breakfast and lunch. It was much more quiet in that area and relaxing to eat in. We always knew to meet back up over there. There were usually only a couple of other people in there with us.

Just got off the Jewel on Sunday 12/8. Except for 3 dinner meals, we ate every meal at the Garden Cafe. Both wife and I thought the food was real good, perhaps the best buffet food of any cruise we have been on. Pretty sure that there was Indian food offered for lunch and dinner.