Posting new menus from the Glory.

geovet

It looks cold and cheap without tablecloths. We are as well to eat at the buffet. Will we be getting a rebate due to the laundry cost saving?

You'll get used to it.

Reminds me of the steakhouse. Now that's some fine dining. :)

DSC_3229.JPG

I'm getting a no on your somewhat absurd question. Hopefully they won't raise prices to cover the cost of the new tables.

I didn't care about the removal of table cloths at all because I'm used to some modern upscale restaurants having no table cloths...

I don't know what it is with the Carnival main dining rooms though because its not working for me. Its ugly and it DOES look like Red Lobster. Its strange because the newer steakhouses don't have table cloths and they look great. I can't put my finger on why it doesn't look good. I like the carafe of water. I like the bread basket on the table but as a whole...its ugly.

If they were going for a casual environment it would be fine but they seemingly upgraded the menu (I like the changes I've seen thus far) and downgraded the table settings. Weird.

I didn't care about the removal of table cloths at all because I'm used to some modern upscale restaurants having no table cloths...

I don't know what it is with the Carnival main dining rooms though because its not working for me. Its ugly and it DOES look like Red Lobster. Its strange because the newer steakhouses don't have table cloths and they look great. I can't put my finger on why it doesn't look good. I like the carafe of water. I like the bread basket on the table but as a whole...its ugly.

If they were going for a casual environment it would be fine but they seemingly upgraded the menu (I like the changes I've seen thus far) and downgraded the table settings. Weird.

Will be going on the Glory in Feb and very interested to experiencing this for ourselves.

While it doesn't look bad, per se, I still prefer the tablecloths. It makes it seem more upscale and classy and is part of what I expect when I cruise. This looks like my local seafood joint. Oh well, it is what it is I guess.

Yeah.

I was thinking that it looks a lot like my favorite Mexican place.

Good, but not upscale...

I think what makes a dining experience feel upscale is not the table linens but the service from the waitstaff.

I eat most meals in the MDR because I like to be waited on. I don't like the idea of a water carafe or a communal bread basket. I have seen way too many people scratch their ear, nose, eyes........run their hands through their hair, take a quick lick of their fingers.......I don't want to handle the water carafe or bread baskets with people that do things like that.

I've read lots of complaints about slow service, no water refills and such, but I've really never had a problem with that and if my waiters can keep up with service then all waiters should be able to. That's the kind of thing that the MD should be watching out for as he's making his rounds.

Valid point that it may be louder.

The fabric helps to muffle sounds, especially those of clanging dishes and utensils. I'll be curious to read if the OP noticed a difference in volume.

You are the second person to bring this up and I do't get why it would be any louder. I never had a server through my food down, it is always placed nicely (read that as quietly). Silverware as well. I guess we will all see, buit I just don't think it will be any louder.

Sarge, you can't be serious that this is a good idea. You are the consummate Carnival cruiser but supporting this is beyond you. I can't imagine how we will tell your food photos looking any different than those from the Lido. In the future please let us know whether you are dining in the Steakhouse or the MDR so we know the difference.

Edited by Mulege

I couldn't care less about the tablecloths - it's not like they've moved to picnic tables, and as any number of links have shown, many fine dining restaurants have eliminated that (somewhat dated imo) look.

And just so I don't get tagged for being a "cheerleader," I'm not at all happy about the elimination of the cold soups. The avocado soup was one of the best dishes I had during my last cruise.

Really enjoyed American table. Lots of food. Had our pick of dessert plus a whole apple pie alamode to share. America Feast night only had a chocolate moose dessert or Icream to choose from. The moose was excellent. I will try to upload pictures

[ATTACH]295238[/ATTACH][ATTACH]295239[/ATTACH][ATTACH]295240[/ATTACH][ATTACH]295241[/ATTACH][ATTACH]295242[/ATTACH][ATTACH]295243[/ATTACH][ATTACH]295244[/ATTACH][ATTACH]295245[/ATTACH][ATTACH]295246[/ATTACH]

Love this dessert

[ATTACH]295247[/ATTACH]

So far we liked the American Table better. Have a great day. I will try again tomorrow.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386691905.362178.jpg.5efb21af07fb32b1b287798fc5380d83.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everything was good. Will have to wait for Sargent to get the professional pictures. A few times I started to eat then remembered to stop and take a picture.

It's an acquired trait/taste. :)

I still sometimes oops and have to rotate the plate or even forget altogether.

Really enjoyed American table. Lots of food. Had our pick of dessert plus a whole apple pie alamode to share. America Feast night only had a chocolate moose dessert or Icream to choose from. The moose was excellent. I will try to upload pictures

So on American Feast night (dress up night). There were only 2 desserts to choose from?

No more MCMC on those 2 nights?

AM I the only person who cruises who likes the Red Lobster?

I like the salad. I like the Thousand Island Dressing. I like the cheese biscuits a lot. I like Walt's Favorite Shrimp. ( We live in Jax. We buy shrimp a lot, boil it with shrimp boil and enjoy. We are not Shrimp Virgins. My husband grew up in Florida. shrimping with nets and such.

Fried Shrimp. The Red Lobster does it fine IMHO.)

I like their coleslaw. Mayo based. a little sweet. I like their baked potatoes. they stay warm.

why are they always the restaurant put down? I have eaten at restaurants that are five stars. and where the food is served on a saucer sized plate. Not much food. Not that much better than any average restaurant.

At Red Lobster you get what you paid for. Real. Honest Food. Cooked well.

and I confess. I like the Olive Garden too. Their salad is great. Their chicken Pharm...really good.

I like the salad. I like the Thousand Island Dressing. I like the cheese biscuits a lot. I like Walt's Favorite Shrimp. ( We live in Jax. We buy shrimp a lot, boil it with shrimp boil and enjoy. We are not Shrimp Virgins. My husband grew up in Florida. shrimping with nets and such.

I like their coleslaw. Mayo based. a little sweet. I like their baked potatoes. they stay warm.

why are they always the restaurant put down? I have eaten at restaurants that are five stars. and where the food is served on a saucer sized plate. Not much food. Not that much better than any average restaurant.

and I confess. I like the Olive Garden too. Their salad is great. Their chicken Pharm...really good.

I actually have to agree with you on that Amber,

And I myself don't know what all the fuss is about. Its a stupid table cloth!! as long as the tables are clean AE not sticky and the food and service is good Im a happy camper. Now I don't like Red lobster myself ( not a seafood fan but the cheese biscuits are the best ever there!!! ( Did you know Walmart sells them now to make yourself:p) Delish, As for Olive garden I love Love Love The soup and salad. So for Carnival haters and Lovers alike.. Its a piece of cloth that really doesn't change the way the food tastes! and apparently on elegant night the table cloths are back on for a more formal way of eating. Its all good! Just don't take away the WCMC EVER or the bread. please don't take away the bread! lol!

[ATTACH]295238[/ATTACH][ATTACH]295239[/ATTACH][ATTACH]295240[/ATTACH][ATTACH]295241[/ATTACH][ATTACH]295242[/ATTACH][ATTACH]295243[/ATTACH][ATTACH]295244[/ATTACH][ATTACH]295245[/ATTACH][ATTACH]295246[/ATTACH]

Love this dessert

[ATTACH]295247[/ATTACH]

So far we liked the American Table better. Have a great day. I will try again tomorrow.

[ATTACH]295248[/ATTACH]

Can anyone get these attachments to work? I'm not having any luck.

I like Red Lobster! And I don't even eat seafood. And I really don't care what anyone else has to say about it. The food is good. I don't need to spend a whole bunch of money to eat out. We have 2 kids and a mortgage. Anytime we eat out, it's a treat. ;) Guess we're not haughty taughty enough. Whatever! Don't give a flip about tablecloths. My table at home in my dining room is set for formal Christmas dinner, which is a special occasion that will feature HOME COOKED FOOD made with love. Beats ponying up who knows how much to some restaurant that could be doing all kinds of nasty stuff in the galley. I like to eat out, but I prefer home better. Trust me the nicest places practice bad habits. This tablecloth debate and always using the same standard restaurants as a put-down is ridiculous. They are still there on elegant night. Seems like a nice balance to me. Geesh.

Edited by cruizinisthebest