The Pride is covered in SNOW

KPfromCT

We have often thought about cruising out of Baltimore , because we can get really great airfare. However us Northerners like to be in our shorts/tshirts/swimsuits the second we get on board. Thus we sail from Florida. Although warm weather is never a guarantee.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Figuring a day and a half colder weather in each direction leaves only about 4 days of warm weather.

Much better to start out in Florida with 7 days of warmth.

Dang! I have mixed emotions. I live about 5 minutes from the Pacific Coast and if I want snow, I can drive a couple hours to Big Bear or Mammoth.

Any chance to be on a cruise ship is a chance I'm happy to take...and the thought of snow angels and hot chocolate on the Lido sounds tempting, but then again, after being in the hot tub on Serenity in a Long Beach November and not feeling like the water was hot enough, I dunno.

But...sitting alone in the Lido hot tub while sailing through the Inside Passage in Alaska the first week of May, 2011 was pretty breathtaking (and hot enough...until you get out!!).

I don't know. I mostly equate cruises with warmth. But I love cruises...so if my choice was snow or nothing, I'd take the snow.

Forgive me if this entire post was one big contradictory rant! :-)

Figuring a day and a half colder weather in each direction leaves only about 4 days of warm weather.

Much better to start out in Florida with 7 days of warmth.

I agree completely!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Reminds me of the North Pole tours....burrrrrrrrrr

It might be a little brrrrrrrr but think of the entertainment possibilities;

Snowman building competition;

Team snowball fights;:D

Hey, if life give you lemons, make some lemonade..... or lemonade slushy in this case.;)

I'm on the pride for the fourth time on Jan 12th(live about 10 mins from the port)and while I've seen snow on the parking lots and surrounding grounds I've never seen it on the ship. It snowed hard and fast today in Baltimore and out produced most of the weather forcast for the area.

Can we just fast forward to March?

That's one crazy pic.

Thanks for posting it tho. Snowing here too. Sux.

~robin and brian

(summertime jersey shore beach bums)

Norwegian Breakaway 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Few years ago Pride had about two feet of snow on her. After that never consider cruising out of a Northern port.

Few years ago Pride had about two feet of snow on her. After that never consider cruising out of a Northern port.

That was my first cruise on the Pride. They closed our school for the week, so we booked the cruise on Saturday to leave on Sunday. It was wonderful!

21574_481089755343_3916261_n.jpg

This is from four years ago--not today!

Edited by Carnival_Brides

I seen that picture posted on the Carnival fb site and had to gasp. I can't even imagine. I hate the snow (go figure, we are covered in snow at the moment) and can't wait to get out of it. :)

I have to admit the poster that said snowball games and building snowmen would definitely be interesting to watch those trying to earn a ship on a stick :D

I live half way between Baltimore and Philly. Those with a Florida cruise departing yesterday, Sunday, may not have made it as many flights were canceled. We were only expecting a coating to an inch, then rain. This storm was a surprise. We live in Delaware and got 9 inches! At least we would have made it to the ship if we were on this sailing, and would not have to worry about flights. This is why you should always book a flight the day before.

I've never built a snowman on my balcony before, maybe I'll get the chance in January!;)

That was my first cruise on the Pride. They closed our school for the week, so we booked the cruise on Saturday to leave on Sunday. It was wonderful!

21574_481089755343_3916261_n.jpg

This is from four years ago--not today!

If this was the first week in Feb then I was getting off the ship as you were getting on. My ride home was snowed in. Thankfully a friend who sailed with us had his parents pick him up. They had a very large SUV. Took quite a while to get back to the Eastern shore.

Me too, I come in from Boston and I like to change into my shorts and flip flops as soon as I can.

We're from Montreal, and the first thing I do when we arrive in Florida, is change into my flipflops!

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Forums mobile app

Edited by soccersharon