Elite Drink Coupons

Ontario Cruiser

Does anyone know if all Elite will now be given coupons (it was 3 coupons per person per day on the Eclipse crossing in November) for each day for drinks between 5 & 7 as they are no longer entitled to go to Michaels Club? And if the drink is wine are they allowed to take this glass of wine into the dining room?

Ontario Cruiser

While I am not sure if the Elites will be given vouchers for their free happy hour drinks on all sailings, I cannot imagine you couldn't take a glass of wine into the dining room with you.

We were on a cruise recently where we couldn't take a glass of wine out of the Elite happy hour lounge, but on a another sailing, we had the voucher and got a glass of wine while waiting for our dining table. They called us earlier than we thought and we were welcome to carry our wine in with us.

Michaels Club was still being used for the Elite event in the evenings and even for Breakfast. It has all depended on the number of people that are VIP and Elite on your cruise. We were on a cruise and we only had 100 VIP and Elites total. They used Michaels Club. With the higher numbers it would be held in the Sky Observation lounge. Then if the numbers were even higher they would give out vouchers. As to the drinks. You cant take any drinks out of the breakfast or evening events. If you are on the vouchers, yes you can stop and get a drink at the bar using your vouchers and take them into dinner. Richard

Does anyone know if all Elite will now be given coupons (it was 3 coupons per person per day on the Eclipse crossing in November) for each day for drinks between 5 & 7 as they are no longer entitled to go to Michaels Club? ...

No. No one on these boards knows for certain. Only time will tell.

If I had to guess then I'd guess that things will stay the way they have been which is a dedicated lounge for most cruises and the coupons only being used for cruises where a dedicated lounge large enough to handle the number of Elite and above cruisers on board is not available.

...And if the drink is wine are they allowed to take this glass of wine into the dining room? ...

Depends on whether coupons are used or not as well as your definition of "allowed". When there is an Elite lounge and coupons are not used then drinks are not allowed out of the lounge. If you were to ask if you could take your free wine obtained with a coupon into dinner then I suspect the answer would be "no" for the same reasons that the coupons are not accepted in the dining rooms. However, they probably do not, and can not, enforce this when coupons are in place and can be used at most bars on the ship.

We just returned from a 15 night Panama Canal Cruise (22 Nov- 7 Dec) on the Infinity and we had the Elite Cocktail Party in the Constellation Lounge. Micheal's Club was used for the VIP, Suites-Penthouse/Royal Suite and a few select Elite member-most likely those who had achieved Elite Plus Status. I am not sure about the Celebrity Suite being invited to the VIP Event, I am assuming they were. The Captain Club changes occurred 3 day into our cruise. Micheal's Club was not available between 7AM to 7PM but was available by invitation only (Concierge was inside the Club). Micheal's Club was available to all after 7PM.

The Elite Breakfast was held in the SS United States Restaurant every morning.

We just returned from a 15 night Panama Canal Cruise (22 Nov- 7 Dec) on the Infinity and we had the Elite Cocktail Party in the Constellation Lounge. Micheal's Club was used for the VIP, Suites-Penthouse/Royal Suite and a few select Elite member-most likely those who had achieved Elite Plus Status. I am not sure about the Celebrity Suite being invited to the VIP Event, I am assuming they were. The Captain Club changes occurred 3 day into our cruise. Micheal's Club was not available between 7AM to 7PM but was available by invitation only (Concierge was inside the Club). Micheal's Club was available to all after 7PM.

They implemented the Captains Club changes mid cruise?

I was told by the CC hostess on the Century in November that the changes would take effect on each ship at the start of the next cruise after 11/25.

Did they issue new Seapass cards mid cruise for the new levels?

That was a change from the TA on Infinity ( completed 7th Nov)

The Elite breakfast was held on the Starboard side of MDR as there were over 1,000 Elites on board.

We were allowed to take our glass of wine into the MDR from Rendezvous Lounge, as we had used a voucher to 'purchase' it. Also from the Constellation Lounge, where there was a notice to say Elite function. They served canapés there.

Officially the rules did not go in effect. However, Micheal's Club was VIP from 7AM to 7PM. All aboard were advised what their new level was. You could see that some parts of the changes were put in place, but remember Infinity was testing vouchers, VIP and other changes that are now part of the Captains Club.

On disenbarkment day only the Elites were assigned to SS United States, those in the suites waited in Micheal's Club.