Carnival Glory New Dining Photos

rockbock

I am having a hard time with the naked tables. I wish they would leave the tablecloths on the table to look like fine dining and not like the tables on the lido deck :rolleyes:

I agree, looks like eating at my local steakhouse/pizza joint.

Perhaps this is step one to "don't bother to dress-up for the dining room, now you can come in your jammies or shorts to formal night!!!":rolleyes:

they cut the tablecloths to reduce the load of laundry they do on the ship :(

Probably too many Platinums are still abusing the laundry privilege.

I agree, looks like eating at my local steakhouse/pizza joint.

Perhaps this is step one to "don't bother to dress-up for the dining room, now you can come in your jammies or shorts to formal night!!!":rolleyes:

There hasn't been a formal night on Carnival in years, however, I do believe they will bring out the tablecloths for elegant night.

I believe the announcement indicated it would be rolled out fleetwide end of 2014 and into 2015. Of course that could change in either direction, depending on how it is received.

Thank you. I tried to read some other threads but people were just going back and forth on all sorts of shenanigans! I gave up

I am having a hard time with the naked tables. I wish they would leave the tablecloths on the table to look like fine dining and not like the tables on the lido deck :rolleyes:

I agree. The new food items look pretty good [that fig/date cake is not that new...I had it on the Glory last summer...but it is delicious!] but those tables. As George Takei would say..."Oh Myyyyy"

Other posters have mentioned that "naked" tables can look modern and upscale but Carnival is failing to give that impression. The dining room looks overly casual and any amount of elegance [illusion or otherwise] seems to have been lost with this new idea. I seriously hope the upper management will reconsider this "upgrade" or else I may have to admit that perhaps I have just outgrown Carnival.

Hmm...

I've seen modern upscale dining with no table cloths work beautifully before. That's not the case here.

The food looks great though! Thanks for posting OP.

Agreed! I thought it was ok without tablecloths before I saw the pictures. Now I have to admit the dining room looks cheap. I've seen upscale restaurant without table cloths too but obviously carnival didn't do it right.

According to John Heald, Carnival's Sr. Cruise Director, the fruit soups at dinner are gone. I am hoping that they will still be available at Lido and at lunch!

The everyday menu is now streamlined into the menu, you can get a steak, pork chop, salmon, etc everyday. The fried chicken seems to be gone though.

According to John Heald, Carnival's Sr. Cruise Director, the fruit soups at dinner are gone. I am hoping that they will still be available at Lido and at lunch!

The everyday menu is now streamlined into the menu, you can get a steak, pork chop, salmon, etc everyday. The fried chicken seems to be gone though.

That was I was afraid of that the fruit soups would taken away with the new menu. Loved the strawberry bisque and the mango as well. Noticed that my favorite soup for elegant night was missing on the new menu: pumpkin soup. Hopefully, it will show up on one of the other nights.

..Thank you for taking the time to post this information.

...The new table settings look fine to me. People wanted to dress more casually in the MDR because "it's their vacation." Well, now they have a MDR that looks more casual.

Anyone consider how these slick new tables will fare when the ship starts to rock and roll? They look very smooth, and when glasses get wet from sweating they will surely slide very easily. How much money will they lose from breakage to offset the savings? Anyone know if these are typical of local restaurants with the high gloss finish?

Edited by Accessor

I agree. The new food items look pretty good [that fig/date cake is not that new...I had it on the Glory last summer...but it is delicious!] but those tables. As George Takei would say..."Oh Myyyyy"

Other posters have mentioned that "naked" tables can look modern and upscale but Carnival is failing to give that impression. The dining room looks overly casual and any amount of elegance [illusion or otherwise] seems to have been lost with this new idea. I seriously hope the upper management will reconsider this "upgrade" or else I may have to admit that perhaps I have just outgrown Carnival.

Casual dining room on casual nights and elegant dining room on elegant nights. Why is that so hard for people to understand?