Pre-book alternative dining

Underwatr

As far as I know this is a new thing (I haven't been on a Cunard ship this year) but I've received the following information from Cunard in relation to my upcoming trip:

Dear Mr Underwatr,

You can now access your Voyage Personaliser to view information, check table availability and prebook in the Alternative Fine Dining venues available on your Cunard holiday. You can view details of the restaurants and browse sample menus, images and videos which bring each venue to life, giving you a flavour of what to expect on board.

Alternative Fine Dining is wonderfully flexible too. If you wish to dine earlier or later than usual, celebrate a special occasion or enjoy an intimate meal for two then you can use your Voyage Personaliser to prebook and reserve a table on the evening and time of your choice (subject to availability).

(Click here to access alternative fine dining with your voyage personalizer)

I saw it on VP but had been wondering if it actually let you go all the way through the process, far out from the cruise...we are going over a year.

Yes it does - I have a booking for more than six months ahead.

andhow

Edited by andhow

I received the same e-mail today from Cunard with the subject "New - Pre-purchase an Alternative Fine Dining table on your Queen Mary 2 voyage M401".

What I found odd is that the links provided to the Voyage Personaliser in the e-mail appear to be incorrect. There are two links for logging in to the Voyage Personaliser where the URL is given as

"https://vp.cunard
line
.com/login/"

Then there is another link which says "Click here to access alternative fine dining with your Voyage Personaliser". The URL provided for that link is

"https://vp.cunard
line
.com/dining/"

Seems to me that someone goofed, since the U.S. version of the Voyage Personaliser is actually found at

"https://vp.cunard.com/login/"

Now, I know there is a "cunardline.com.au" domain for our friends in Australia, and I just discovered that "www.cunardline.com" redirects me to the web site for "www.carnivalukgroup.com", but trying to access the U.S. Voyage Personliser via the "vp.cunardline.com" links in the e-mail simply results in "This page can't be displayed errors" for me.

Regards,

John.

Edited by bluemarble

As far as I know this is a new thing (I haven't been on a Cunard ship this year) but I've received the following information from Cunard in relation to my upcoming trip:

This certainly is new to me - in the past you could pay up front but you had to actually reserve the table (day and time) when you got on board at the Restaurant itself.

But you have to pay up front,does this mean you can't use your onboard spend

If you pre-book tours, dining or any other purchase made on-line prior to your voyage, the charge is billed to your credit card. On board credit (OBC) is not applied to any charges unless those charges are made on board using your ship key card. Charges made on board using your ship ID key card will appear on your in-stateroom folio statement, available from the Pursars Desk usually after the first day of boarding upon request.

If the tour you booked is cancelled, or if your dining reservation is not accepted, your credit card will be credited eventually.

Edited by Salacia

If you pre-book tours, dining or any other purchase made on-line prior to your voyage, the charge is billed to your credit card. On board credit (OBC) is not applied to any charges unless those charges are made on board using your ship key card. Charges made on board using your ship ID key card will appear on your in-stateroom folio statement, available from the Pursars Desk usually after the first day of boarding upon request.

If the tour you booked is cancelled, or if your dining reservation is not accepted, your credit card will be credited eventually.

Hopefully that credited "eventually' doesn't take as long as a credit from the government!

In talking with Cunard Reservations today regarding this new policy, things got very confusing (for the representative and myself).

She told me that when you pre-book via the VP, you pay a cover charge at that time which is charged to your credit card (although she wasn't sure what it was..she guessed $35.00 per person?!).

Then she went on to say that once you dined, you chose what you wanted and then were charged for whatever you ordered on top of the cover charge already paid.

She read from some information they had provided and it was very contradictory. Since no supervisors were there today she could not clarify what this new policy is exactly.

Anyone had any experiences with this new system yet? Appreciate any information anyone may have.

Thanks very much.

In talking with Cunard Reservations today regarding this new policy, things got very confusing (for the representative and myself).

She told me that when you pre-book via the VP, you pay a cover charge at that time which is charged to your credit card (although she wasn't sure what it was..she guessed $35.00 per person?!).

Then she went on to say that once you dined, you chose what you wanted and then were charged for whatever you ordered on top of the cover charge already paid.

She read from some information they had provided and it was very contradictory. Since no supervisors were there today she could not clarify what this new policy is exactly.

Anyone had any experiences with this new system yet? Appreciate any information anyone may have.

Thanks very much.

I do not have any experience with the new system yet. But here is what I am seeing in the Voyage Personaliser for my upcoming voyage on the QM2.

I can book a table for dinner at Todd English via the Voyage Personaliser for $26.00 per person. Here is some additional verbiage taken directly from the Voyage Personaliser about the pricing.

Due to à la carte prices, pre-paid charges are based on the minimum 3 course meal price. Any additional charges incurred due to dish choice will be applied to your onboard account.

The least expensive entrée on the Todd English dinner menu is $16.00 and the least expensive items for the other courses are $5.00 each. So that is how Cunard have arrived at the $26.00 minimum price for a three course meal at Todd English on the QM2.

My interpretation of the new policy is that the pre-payment for a reservation at a specialty restaurant is deducted from the total bill (based on à la carte pricing) and the remainder is charged to your onboard account.

Regards,

John.