Hotel Recommendation in Ft Lauderdale pre/cruise Oasis 1-25

We stayed at Hyatt Place 17th street convention center on our last cruise. Had a shopping center nearby and plenty of places to eat. Paid 7bucks per person to take shuttle to port. Free shuttle from airport to hotel. Room was spacious and clean. Staff friendly and courteous. Would stay here again in a heart beat.

Btw, it was booked on Expedia and paid a little over 100 bucks.

Another thumbs up for Hyatt Place 17th St., restaurants and shopping in short walking distance. We paid 150.00 booked via Hotwire.

We've stayed at this Hyatt Place, the nearby Hyatt House, and Springhill Suites in the same complex, at various times of the year and by using Priceline have usually paid between $50 and $60 a night. Rates will obviously be higher at some times of the year, especially during holiday periods, but we have been very satisfied with Priceline and the properties we have stayed at in the FLL area.:)

Time of year is a huge factor on hotel prices in FLL. I'm paying double for a hotel for my January 2014 cruise than I did for the same hotel during off peak season. I'm finding that $180-$200 seems to be the going rate for most hotels near the port in January.

Amy Olson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like to stay at the Ocean Holiday Motel right on atlantic. This mom and pop isnt for everyone though. The rooms are big, clean and just remodeled. The only amenities are free wifi and free parking. No pool, restaurant, etc. Very European. And its usually under $100 a night.

Here's what we do... we rent a car, no drop off fee at the port. Then you can look outside of FLL. We stayed at Boca Raton Embassy Suite for $80. If you rent through Budget you can pick up at the airport and drop off at the port. They'll shuttle you to the port. you can get a car for about $50 per day or less. Then you can have the ability to go anywhere you want. Just a thought.

We are staying at Springhill Suites. Paid $120 with taxes. Stays sthere last year pre cruise. IT was fine with breakfast, wifi, shuttle from aiport and to port, etc.. Drawback is to get to shopping center you need to cross a busy highway.

We stayed post cruise at hyatt Place which is right next to Embassy Suites. It is also fine for a pre cruise but would not do post cruise again without a car. I would stay closer to water taxi or at beach next time. I think taxi cost $12 from port to hotel. For early departure flights, the shuttle to airport does not operate nor is breakfast open.( An FYI)

I noticed Plantation was much cheaper, but it's also further away from the port. I had to weigh the cost of distance versus convenience for me and my large group.

Amy Olson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just FYI, I just booked Courtyard by Marriott, Plantation for $159 and includes breakfast and free shuttle from airport to hotel and free shuttle to the cruise port :)

Edited by beachhouse

How far is that Marriott Courtyard Plantation from the cruise port?

Is the Springhill suites that is across the busy street from the KMart and next to Burger King the one at "17th Street" or are there 2 Springhill suites?

The Springhill we have used several times is in Dania Beach. There is a mall close by.

I've used Hotwire the last couple of years in FLL and usually pay around $90-$100. Have had Westin (2 of them), Crowne Plaza and something else near the Galleria. All great hotels. Do a search and keep coming back as they'll update daily. When you find a "star" level you can live with at the price you want, just grab it!

How far is that Marriott Courtyard Plantation from the cruise port?

Is the Springhill suites that is across the busy street from the KMart and next to Burger King the one at "17th Street" or are there 2 Springhill suites?

I believe Marriott Plantation to be less than 10 miles as are others in Plantation area plus they would not be offering free shuttle if more than that. But to be sure give them a call if that is a concern. Hotel 954 475-1100 address is 7780 SW 6th Street

Last minute travel has the following rates for Friday January 24th.

Doubletree gallery one - one bedrm suite - 162.00

Hilton sunrise at sawgrass - 121.00

Holiday inn and suite sawgrass - 126.00

Sheraton FTL cruiseport - 138.00

Il Lugano Suite Hotel - 178.00

Sheraton Suites Plantation - one bedroom suite - 138.00

Renaissance Plantation - 180.00

LMT hides the names of the hotels, but if you use an iPad, the hotel names are visible.

Edited by DCT61