No more cold soups

trvlqueen

My son loves the strawberry bisque. He will miss it. I could never bring myself to try it, as I have a hard time wrapping my brain around cold soup.

I always thought the same thing, but then I tried the Strawberry Bisque and I loved it. It is really easy to make and tastes just as good. The presentation is not as good, I don't use fancy bowls or tablecloths......LOL

My son loves the strawberry bisque. He will miss it. I could never bring myself to try it, as I have a hard time wrapping my brain around cold soup.

I don't get cold soup either. Does it have things floating in it?

Please don't take this the wrong way, but that's one of the soups that I have no desire to taste, all I see is a big orange bowl of pumpkin :eek:

I thought the same thing until I tried it, and was surprised to discover that I really like it. I always had a hot soup with my meal, and will miss most of the ones that are now gone. Tried most of the cold soups, and while some taste good,just don't like cold soup.

I always thought the same thing, but then I tried the Strawberry Bisque and I loved it. It is really easy to make and tastes just as good. The presentation is not as good, I don't use fancy bowls or tablecloths......LOL

Neither will Carnival it seems on 5 nights out of 7 LOL

Has anyone figured out their new formula for a 3, 4, 5 night cruise??

I wonder if 3 night will be all casual....Royal stopped the lobster on shorter cruises some years ago

any guesses or any real info? thanks

Please don't take this the wrong way, but that's one of the soups that I have no desire to taste, all I see is a big orange bowl of pumpkin :eek:

Missed the pumpkin soup as it was served on CE night our last B2B cuise, but a better version was served at the Taste Bar one night.

Never could get into the cold soups.

Pumpkin soup is easy to make- buy a can of pumpkin, some chicken broth, some bacon, some cream and some curry powder.

Fry up your bacon (1-2 slices). Put it aside and leave most of the grease in the pot. Add a can of pumpkin, thin it out with chicken broth and cream to the consistency you want. Add curry powder to taste (start with 1 tsp. and go up from there) and salt. Let it simmer for a while, taste for seasoning. Dish up and top with the crumbled bacon.

There- I saved you a cruise fare.

The new menus look very contemporary. They will save costs for Carnival by cutting down on laundry, fewer desserts (most markedly the cheese course) and wasted side dishes. Overall, customers get better cuts of beef in the grill section and the chance to pick their sides. The Port of Call addition is quite nice, and if one wishes to be adventurous one might find a new favorite.

Well, I didn't try it right away, but after reading so many reviews stating how good it was, I tried it. Thought it was VERY tasty. I don't take too many things here The wrong way"... :D

I guess I'll goggle the recipe and make it for him. The look reminds me of a bowl of fruity pebbles cereal. :p

Pumpkin soup is easy to make- buy a can of pumpkin, some chicken broth, some bacon, some cream and some curry powder.

Fry up your bacon (1-2 slices). Put it aside and leave most of the grease in the pot. Add a can of pumpkin, thin it out with chicken broth and cream to the consistency you want. Add curry powder to taste (start with 1 tsp. and go up from there) and salt. Let it simmer for a while, taste for seasoning. Dish up and top with the crumbled bacon.

There- I saved you a cruise fare.

The new menus look very contemporary. They will save costs for Carnival by cutting down on laundry, fewer desserts (most markedly the cheese course) and wasted side dishes. Overall, customers get better cuts of beef in the grill section and the chance to pick their sides. The Port of Call addition is quite nice, and if one wishes to be adventurous one might find a new favorite.

Can you seriously buy pumpkin in a can over there? Yuck! Why wouldn't you just buy a piece of fresh pumpkin?

Oh so sad. Was just telling a co-worker about the peach and bing cherry soups today, and how much I was looking forward to them. Loved having the chilled soups, because it was something you don't find many (any?) other places. Will have to search for the recipes!

I absolutely Love Love Loved, the Pumpkin Soup. They have to keep that one. I always ordered two, when they offered it, and wished you could get it more than just 1 night.

Those who Never tried it, don't know what you missed. It does not have a strong pumpkin taste, more like a milder tomato. However they make it, it was DELISH!!

I always look forward to the chilled soup because it is something that I don't see on many restaurant menus. Makes cruising a different experience.

I never considered cold soup until one time cruising our table mates ordered in a glass, essentially a smoothie. Ordered and enjoyed cold soup ever since. That was royal, assuming carnival same for most part.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app

Just asked JH about the soups as they are one of our favorite menu items - and he confirmed that while hot soups are included, the cold soups are going bye bye. Here's my cut and paste - we're sad, but cruising next week, so I'll be sure to tell my girls to gobble them up as they probably won't be available next time.

(cut and paste from Facebook below)

John - what will happen with the soups if this menu rolls out fleetwide? That's one of our favorite things about dinnertime - every night we look forward to the soups - some of my family love the chilled soups (especially the strawberry and the bing cherry) and some of us (ME!) love the hot soups - especially the pumpkin, French Onion, and lobster bisque - please tell me they aren't going away and that they'll still be an option!

Like ·

John Heald the French onion is included on the new menus as are other soups but not the cold ones. I will be posting the full menu collection soon. Cheers

about a minute ago · Like

Not happy. What is Carnival thinking?