virgin vs alcohol

pandarider123

I love fruity drinks but have only tried .pina colidas but am a very light drinker and doesn't take much to make me tipsy. I want to try other drinks like miami vice and bannacolidas. Never had a pina colida without rum. My question is does virgin drinks taste different or lose its flair if you remove alcohol?

There's a big difference in the taste of virgin drinks without rum.

Not as noticeable when they are normally made with vodka.

LuLu

~~~~

If you don't normally drink vodka, the difference between a drink without vodka and one with vodka is very noticeable. Once you're used to the taste, it's a lot harder to tell the difference. (It tastes better without the vodka IMO, because if you're not used to it the vodka heats up your mouth so you can't taste anything.)

If you don't normally drink vodka, the difference between a drink without vodka and one with vodka is very noticeable. Once you're used to the taste, it's a lot harder to tell the difference. (It tastes better without the vodka IMO, because if you're not used to it the vodka heats up your mouth so you can't taste anything.)

=====================

Vodka is my drink of choice. We're taking Foo-Foo drinks here not martinis there is a big time difference.

LuLu

~~~~

Just ask for a half shot in the drinks and your bartender will oblige and if it is a bar you frequent often he will remember and always do you a "light" drink.

I had a wonderful bartender at the Sunset bar where I would go for a pre dinner cocktail. On the 2nd night I told him I didn't like vodka, didn't enjoy strong drinks and would like him to surprise me every night. It ended up he and his co worker would vie with each other to see who could make me the most impresive drink! We had lots of fun, they would do roses or origami shapes to decorate my glass and some days a drink to coordinate with the colour of dress I was wearing.

On the last night they gave me a small book with Celebrity cocktails in it.

We have always had great barstaff and waiters but these two were magnificent!

Yes they were tipped very well at the end of the cruise and they deserved every penny.

So, make friends with a few of the bar staff, experiment with the amount of alcahol in your drinks and have fun.

Don't forget; you could always start with the alcahol based drink then switch to a virgin. I will quite often do that with G&T's if it is going to be a long night.

Cheers, h.

I always ask the bartender to make my drinks with half the alcohol and double the fruit juice. Yes, they will still charge you full price for them ;):D. But at least I can then walk away from the bar in a straight line :p.

I always ask the bartender to make my drinks with half the alcohol and double the fruit juice. Yes, they will still charge you full price for them ;):D. But at least I can then walk away from the bar in a straight line :p.

How does the half the alcohol and double the juice make fruity drinks taste?

I am a non alcohol drinker, and have just returned from a 16 night cruise. During the cruise I tried all the non alcoholic cocktails, adult and children, enjoying them all. Having not drunk alcohol for over 2 years now, they all tasted fine to me, some nicer than others. I especially liked the strawberry daiquiri and the mojito.

The pina colada was also nice, give it a try.

Ian