Review of the Freedom of the Seas

nursemom2

Just got of a 7 day cruise on the Freedom of the seas...We had a wonderful time, and for the most part everything went well. We had a lot of rain the first few days, and was overcast on the other days.....but hey.... who cares...WE'RE ON A CRUISE!!!! The ship is in great shape, the meals were nicely done, and the crew members were awesome! I did a much longer review with pictures on my family blog, if you are interested...

I'll be happy to answer any questions.:)

http://karanandmichael.blogspot.com/

Hi - we were on the same cruise. I agree that the St. Thomas was a disappointment but we had a great time. We are D+ as well and I specifically staked out a cabin near the Concierge Lounge. Did you spend any time in there? We went in a couple times but not only did we not feel welcomed by the Concierge we felt like we weren't wanted in there. I realize they had a ton of D+ and a large number of Pinnacle but I was not happy with the Concierge. This was a huge change from Mahmoud on the Explorer, who treated us great and gave us a wristband for Barefoot Beach in Labadee.

I am not the complaining type but I was really put off by the whole experience. Just wanted to see what your experience was.

Hi - we were on the same cruise. I agree that the St. Thomas was a disappointment but we had a great time. We are D+ as well and I specifically staked out a cabin near the Concierge Lounge. Did you spend any time in there? We went in a couple times but not only did we not feel welcomed by the Concierge we felt like we weren't wanted in there. I realize they had a ton of D+ and a large number of Pinnacle but I was not happy with the Concierge. This was a huge change from Mahmoud on the Explorer, who treated us great and gave us a wristband for Barefoot Beach in Labadee.

I am not the complaining type but I was really put off by the whole experience. Just wanted to see what your experience was.

I had the same experience as you with the concierge......We never felt welcomed in the lounge, and the one time I did go there, he was almost rude. We stayed in the pharaohs lounge , met some great people there, and had a wonderful time. I got a questionnaire a few days ago, and I commented on how unwelcoming he was.

We are on Freedom for New Years. We are also D+. Last year the Diamond happy hour was in the Diamond Lounge in the Crown Lounge area with the overflow in the Seven Hearts on the other side. Is this still the case? I liked the overflow area quite well. Really not a fan of Concierge Lounge except on Oasis or Allure where they are spectacular.

We are on Freedom for New Years. We are also D+. Last year the Diamond happy hour was in the Diamond Lounge in the Crown Lounge area with the overflow in the Seven Hearts on the other side. Is this still the case? I liked the overflow area quite well. Really not a fan of Concierge Lounge except on Oasis or Allure where they are spectacular.

Most nights the "Diamond Lounge" was in Pharoh's Palace on deck 5.

Happy hour was held in the Diamond lounge, concierge lounge, and the pharaohs lounge. Seemed to work fine for most people.

Just got of a 7 day cruise on the Freedom of the seas...We had a wonderful time, and for the most part everything went well. We had a lot of rain the first few days, and was overcast on the other days.....but hey.... who cares...WE'RE ON A CRUISE!!!! The ship is in great shape, the meals were nicely done, and the crew members were awesome! I did a much longer review with pictures on my family blog, if you are interested...

You know, your blog actually helped me with my packing for my next cruise. I always toggle between blacks and browns as a base, which means packing double the amount of clothes I really need for a one week cruise. From now on, I'm going with the black base and mix and match around that. It won't kill me....it's just one week! Thanks!

You know, your blog actually helped me with my packing for my next cruise. I always toggle between blacks and browns as a base, which means packing double the amount of clothes I really need for a one week cruise. From now on, I'm going with the black base and mix and match around that. It won't kill me....it's just one week! Thanks!

Wow so what's happened to graham seamor ? He has been on freedom two cruses out of three for us

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You got on the day we got off the FOS. The weather wasnt good for us either, lots of rain, chilly, rough seas. We had to bypass Grand Cayman completely and when we got to Cozumel all watersport excursions were canceled due to rough water but it was a great cruise also and better than being home!

Thanks for your review; we'll be sailing on the FOTS in a couple weeks. I saw your previous blog post about packing and immediately shared it with my wife and 19 year old daughter. New packages keep showing up at our house every day, and I'm being asked for opinions on new dresses/shoes/bathing suits for both of them (my answer to both of them is "you look beautiful in that, its a keeper" when I really want to ask them why they need new sequin dresses for NYE).

Anyway, I have a couple weeks to gently convince them to cull down their wardrobes. I'm hoping your comment on how "no one remembers what you wear so you can repeat outfits" will work.

Wow so what's happened to graham seamor ? He has been on freedom two cruses out of three for us

Tarin, Graham hasn't been on FOS for almost a year now. We personally think Richard is the best CD we have ever had. YouTube has his "Evolution of Dance."

Thank you for your review. I enjoyed your blog. We are going on the FOS on the 22nd for our first RCCL cruise! I am sooo looking forward to it, as we in a Grand Suite, and are hoping the Concierge Lounge is a nice, relaxing experience. I also hope our weather is a bit better than yours!:p:)

Graham is now the regular CD of Rhapsody, and Richard is the regular CD of Freedom. Richard's break starts this weekend, and Ricky Matthews will be covering for one week, then Mike Hunnerup until Richard returns on Feb 1 for 4 months. That will be Richard's last contract on Freedom, as he is scheduled to bring out Quantum, then Anthem, then Oasis III.

Thanks for your review; we'll be sailing on the FOTS in a couple weeks. I saw your previous blog post about packing and immediately shared it with my wife and 19 year old daughter. New packages keep showing up at our house every day, and I'm being asked for opinions on new dresses/shoes/bathing suits for both of them (my answer to both of them is "you look beautiful in that, its a keeper" when I really want to ask them why they need new sequin dresses for NYE).

Anyway, I have a couple weeks to gently convince them to cull down their wardrobes. I'm hoping your comment on how "no one remembers what you wear so you can repeat outfits" will work.

I'm so happy that you enjoyed my blog post on packing! I had fun writing that one

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Thank you for your review. I enjoyed your blog. We are going on the FOS on the 22nd for our first RCCL cruise! I am sooo looking forward to it, as we in a Grand Suite, and are hoping the Concierge Lounge is a nice, relaxing experience. I also hope our weather is a bit better than yours!:p:)

You will love the Freedom.....The concierge lounge is very nice, leather chairs, cappuccino machine available at no charge, and of course the cocktails in the evening! No windows though, and that is why, a lot of people use the diamond lounge for cocktails. Beautiful ocean view and the same amenities as the Concierge lounge. Enjoy!:)