Top ranked cruise lines for 2014

S.S.Oceanlover

Lets not forget CCL's other trick to bring in more money...if they cannot cut costs they will cram more people into a ship.

Main lobby? Nope...we don't need that. Let's put rooms there!

They keep squeezing more cabins into the Dream / Vista class.

Not only has this thread gotten way off topic, some of you guys are just getting hateful. Wow

Always best to respond early on. By the time it gets to this many pages, its gotten vicious and pointless. Sometimes this site, for as helpful as it is, can be a huge turnoff and over run with negativity.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Edited by cruizinisthebest

CCL just spent millions refurbishing a ship, millions more building another ship. Wish I was struggling like that.

GO MIZZOU!!!!!!!

NCL just spent millions building ships. Celebrity just spent millions building ships. And RCCL just spent BILLIONS building ships. How do you justify their much higher passenger to revenue ratio? Spending money doesn't mean anything. If it did the good old USA wouldn't be having a budget problem.

The statistics that you posted show Carnival cruise LINE as the one with the lowest revenue per passenger. That shows me that they are the cruise LINE that is struggling the most regardless of how Carnival Corp. is doing.

NCL just spent millions building ships. Celebrity just spent millions building ships. And RCCL just spent BILLIONS building ships. How do you justify their much higher passenger to revenue ratio? Spending money doesn't mean anything. If it did the good old USA wouldn't be having a budget problem.

The statistics that you posted show Carnival cruise LINE as the one with the lowest revenue per passenger. That shows me that they are the cruise LINE that is struggling the most regardless of how Carnival Corp. is doing.

My name is arush5268d and I approve this message.

Ok, I'll file you under the " Carnival is going under " group. And that's CCL, not Carnival Corp. I'll put you next to arush

GO MIZZOU!!!!!!!

Edited by nitro2448

Ok, I'll file you under the " Carnival is going under " group. And that's CCL, not Carnival Corp. I'll put you next to arush

GO MIZZOU!!!!!!!

Excellent. We will be on the ship that still has activities and things to do. Entertainment and good live music. This will also be the ship that has power and is upright in the water.

I honestly think we will see Carnival completely transform into a cruise line that advertises itself as the absolute leader in low-budget cruising. They are quickly losing the title of 'value' and the logical direction for them to head is to seek out the people on extremely tight budgets.

The Motel 6 / Days Inn of the seas.

Excellent. We will be on the ship that still has activities and things to do. Entertainment and good live music. This will also be the ship that has power and is upright in the water.

Carnival has had some issues, but do you dislike them so much you can be that insensitive ? You know some people lost their life or loved ones in that tragedy. Not really a joke.

Carnival has had some issues, but do you dislike them so much you can be that insensitive ? You know some people lost their life or loved ones in that tragedy. Not really a joke.

Far more lost their lives in the Titanic, wars and natural disasters. Yes people lost their lives and it is shame and should not have happened with the Concordia. But that doesn't mean that that incident should never be referenced. What I said was not a 'joke' but rather a snarky comment. There was no punch line to what I said nor would there be as I would not make a joke about something this recent. Titanic is safe to make a joke about though.

I like how you understated things. "Carnival has had some issues..."

Edited by arush5268d

GO MIZZOU!!!!!!!

What part of my post says anything about CCL going under or that I want them to go under? You don't get it. I'm just pointing out facts from your quoted website. You're the one who is trying to use information to make a point that does just the opposite.

I've cruised CCL in the past and will in the future. I glad that they are there and that they have low prices. It helps to keep all cruise pricing down.

I can't believe I'm going to say this because it will give the cheerleaders the answer they've been dancing around for years. All Carnival cruise LINE has to do is break even. It is an entry level cruise line. It's goal is to hook you on cruising. Then you can move up to CCL's other more profitable lines. The problem is that there are other cruise lines out there that also are trying to pull you in.

I do have to thank you though. I've been trying to find financial breakdowns on the individual cruise lines just to see if the above was an accurate assessment.

The flow rider, rock walls, ice skating and the such are NOT gimmicks in my mind. Those are features / amenities. Branding on-board activities with a celeb's name is a gimmick to me.

I think they are gimmicks of the worse kind because one fall and you could be SOL, in the middle of the ocean. I guess that is the reason for that lovely disclaimer than I signed - 'stupid over the hill female if you fall, it's on you'. It's beyond painful to go iceskating, line dancing, and climbing in the same day. I would pay more to see the wrong person attempt some of these amenities. As for the Quest show, priceless!

I love RCL for the Caribbean staff and innovative design as I do Princess for the Love Boat feeling.

Edited by Blk_Amish

• 2 weeks later...
First off, Royal definatly is not an amusement park, it is a cruise line with lots of features to enhance the cruising experience! I could make reference to carnival being a water park, one that I'm not interested in paying for , or for you to enjoy either. However, I don'y live under a rock and I'm aware that different people like different things. If you want to sail only carnival and not experience other lines out there, do so, but don't speak to that of which you know nothing.

I just sailed Sunshine , Breakaway, & EXOTS since Nov 1 The CCL Entertainment was comparable to the Gong show, NCL & RCI had multiple music Venues and a LIVE Orchestra with the singers & Dancers

It is funny this thread started about the ranking of cruise lines. And now for some sad truth, the rankings and most peoples imperssion comes from the main stream media. And of course we all heard about the promblems that CCL had this year. But how many heard about the crew member who went missing from a Daisney ship, which Daisney refused to release any information to her family about. Or the waiter from Daisney who reportly sexually assulted a 11 yrar old girl. And Daisney doing nothing on board and then allowing him to leave for India in the Bahamas. And remember Daisney was voted the number one cruise line for families. Not much reported by the main stream media on either case. That couldn't be cause Daisney owns ABC and the media was looking out for one of there own.

It is funny this thread started about the ranking of cruise lines. And now for some sad truth, the rankings and most peoples imperssion comes from the main stream media. And of course we all heard about the promblems that CCL had this year. But how many heard about the crew member who went missing from a Daisney ship, which Daisney refused to release any information to her family about. Or the waiter from Daisney who reportly sexually assulted a 11 yrar old girl. And Daisney doing nothing on board and then allowing him to leave for India in the Bahamas. And remember Daisney was voted the number one cruise line for families. Not much reported by the main stream media on either case. That couldn't be cause Daisney owns ABC and the media was looking out for one of there own.

It's a good thing that congress passed a law where we the consumer get to now see all on board issues. It's interesting though that Carnival Cruise Lines decided to hide it on their corporate pages.

I am late (obviously) getting to this thread, but I have seen other lists done by alleged pollsters...so I have the following questions:

Who conducted this poll?

How was it conducted? A) Online, click your choice...as many times as you want or B) By a real person, one on one, so that one person equals one choice.

Not unlike polls here on CC....anyone can skew the results by voting their preference over and over and over.

So, before I buy these results, I need answers.

I am late (obviously) getting to this thread, but I have seen other lists done by alleged pollsters...so I have the following questions:

Who conducted this poll?

How was it conducted? A) Online, click your choice...as many times as you want or B) By a real person, one on one, so that one person equals one choice.

Not unlike polls here on CC....anyone can skew the results by voting their preference over and over and over.

So, before I buy these results, I need answers.

The OP's post referred to a poll by yahoo. Obviously them being a travel booking agency, want people to book where they (Yahoo) make the most, so leave CCL out as they are the least favorite with TA's.

Also remember that the editor-in-chief of cruise critic is on record as not recommending CCL.

Edited by Georgiagolfer
spelling

You didn't really look at that webpage did you? If you do a little math you'll find that Carnival cruise line has a passenger to net revenue ratio of less than half the next lowest cruise line. If you do a lot of math you'll find that all the other cruise lines under the Carnival Corp. umbrella are apparently what keeps CCL afloat. So it could be said that Carnival cruise LINE is struggling and that is what is being discussed here.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by Buckeyefn31

Far more lost their lives in the Titanic, wars and natural disasters. Yes people lost their lives and it is shame and should not have happened with the Concordia. But that doesn't mean that that incident should never be referenced. What I said was not a 'joke' but rather a snarky comment. There was no punch line to what I said nor would there be as I would not make a joke about something this recent. Titanic is safe to make a joke about though.

I like how you understated things. "Carnival has had some issues..."

Hahaha. Keep digging.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app