Today is The day! Carnival Announcement!

CarnivalBreeze319

My kids are 13 and 9 and out of the Dr. Seuss stage but I think its a great idea. Just because this announcement doesnt pertain to my family or have an impact on my cruise, I'm not going to have negative thoughts about it. Why are people without kids complaining about this family announcement that doesnt matter to them anyway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

The kid haters hate anything that may put more kids on the ships.

So Dr. Suess may not be everyone's favorite, but it is fun to have familiar characters on board. My daughter ( will be 13 when we cruise) find the Grinch to be somewhat creepy and doesn't like to watch that movie. The rest she is OK with. My boys will be 15 and 17. the don't care--tho I know they would be amused by green eggs and ham. We did a character brunch when we were on the Allure this summer. Food was eh. Characters were fun. We got lots of pictures. That brunch was ...free! They had it twice during our sailing and you could attend both times as the characters might be different each time. And it was still....free!

Lisa V

I don't understand negativity...for the people who don't like to see kids on a ship, wouldn't adding something for the kids be something good because it would keep them out of the adult areas??????

For those that were expecting some sort of money-saving surprise, my response is: CCL cannot do with making things more affordable than they already have. If they do, you will be eating off paper plates with plastic utensils in the future. Savings = more cuts.

Additions are a good thing. This Seuss thing will be good for people with kids and for people who would rather not see any

Why is Carnival following everyone else? How about something new and innovative for once? Dr Seuss is timeless? So are the publications of Hugh Hefner. Now that would be cutting edge. :p ;)

Now there's a market no one has tapped in to. Imagine what the funnel would look like!

We don't have kids, but I was somewhat excited by this...until I saw there was a charge for the breakfast. :( But oh well. In general this makes sense with the other lines making agreements with character brands to attract and appeal to kids. Our favorite Seuss character is the Grinch...we have a small Christmas tree with Grinch ornaments...could there soon be Carnival Grinch Christmas ornaments and other products?

We don't have kids, but I was somewhat excited by this...until I saw there was a charge for the breakfast. :( But oh well. In general this makes sense with the other lines making agreements with character brands to attract and appeal to kids. Our favorite Seuss character is the Grinch...we have a small Christmas tree with Grinch ornaments...could there soon be Carnival Grinch Christmas ornaments and other products?

I don't hear too many complaints so far about the charge for the breakfast.

Of course if it was on another line line NCL for instance everybody would be up in arms about how they nickel and dime you for everything.

Bill

My wife is a giggly girl of just 68 yrs. old, but I know fer sure

that if she catches sight of the Cat in The Hat or any other characters zooming around the ship

she will light up with a smile and a giggle! She's like that.

She also raised her five kids on Dr.Seuss, back in the '60s and '70s

so it'll bring back all sorts of great memories for her

-at sixty-eight years of age.

How's that for a wide range of appeal?

It's not only kids who like Dr.Seuss! She can recite all the nonsense words too!

aww..i wish the splendor will have this when i cruise next month :(

Me too

And for those who do not enjoy family oriented cruises, I suggest Cunard or HAL. Lots of Altacockers on those ships.

I agree with the lost 18-20 year olds. Next month my 20 year old will be on the Splendor and treated like child at time even though he is a few weeks away from his 21st birthday, They should at least allow me to purchase the child endless bubbles card.

My girls (5 & 3) both absolutely lit up when they saw the video this morning. I sure hope its on the Dream in August.

I wonder if the charge for breakfast isn't Seuss' cut on the deal. That meal will end up costing our family of 4 less than 1% of out cruise fare, I can deal with that!

Don't get me wrong but,

why does CCL want more children on the ship?

Children bring in no extra money, drinking, gambling, spa purchases,

shopping on board.

Make it less child friendly.

When I cruised with my children, when they were 6-18 y/o.

There was no drinking, gambling for mom and dad.:p

Parents with kids buy overpriced photos, soda cards, more expensive quads, cruise excursions, and many are younger and can handle a few watered down drinks. I don't gamble but if I didn't drink before I had kids, now teens, I would by now. Kids are money pits at home and cash cows on vacation. When my son accused me of using HIS college funds on MY vacations, just say happy Dr. Bud Wiser was nearby. This came after the Caribbean cruise for HIS high school graduation:D Also, they are locking in the market for the next generation of cruisers.

Edited by Blk_Amish

Right?!?!

I have no problems when people post legitimate critiques of their experience on Carnival - but it is just ridiculous the number of Negative Nancys and Neds who bemoan EVERY change that CCL makes as being the worst thing ever to happen for them, without giving it a chance. Or complaining about items that won't even impact them either way.

SHEESH. Zip it already, people. :rolleyes:

You are so right. Crazy how on FB hundreds of excited comments but her, exactly as you described.

I think it sounds fun, and the little ones will love it. Now maybe I can afford to take my grandson on a cruise with characters. To be honest I can only read about 1/2 of each book but that doesn't matter. Kids love the characters. We have green eggs at the preschool I work at every year.

so just to recap, the big announcement was the Dr Seuss addition? anything about cutting the price for the little kids?

Fares on Carnival are already quite low. Try comparing fares for a family of 4 on Carnival vs. NCL or Royal for similar ports of call. Can't have it both ways. People want an end to cutbacks in dining and entertainment while continuing to pay lower fares than the competition. Not a very sensible business model if you ask me.

Fares on Carnival are already quite low. Try comparing fares for a family of 4 on Carnival vs. NCL or Royal for similar ports of call. Can't have it both ways. People want an end to cutbacks in dining and entertainment while continuing to pay lower fares than the competition. Not a very sensible business model if you ask me.

true but there had been some speculation (imagine that) and just wanted to be sure. I don't sail with kids so it works out for the better with just adding Thing 1 and Thing 2!

My 11 year old was Cat in the Hat for Halloween, I teach preschool and 3-5 year olds all love Cat in the Hat, at least it has an educational based theme and not obnoxious cartoons from t.v. Harmless fun.

Green eggs and ham is an annual breakfast event at my kids' elementary school during Dr. Seuss birthday and a lot of families enjoy this activity. It isn't gross - just food coloring in the scrambled eggs. I would rather see Cat and the Hat than Sponge Bob.

Second This!

My 20 month son loves to be read to, run around with his friends and play, and hates TV. I am very much okay with that. Since he isn't into TV he doesn't know the Disney or Nick characters, although I image he might find them entertaining on the other lines. He loves Dr. Seuss and reading the books to him really bring back my own memories as a child.

Details of the program are somewhat slim at this point, but if all they did was something as simple as a lending book program and a character breakfast we'd really enjoy that as a family.

Edited by carygirl

Does this mean they will be changing the funny French toast to green eggs,and ham?

cfi_countdown.php?vars=1391904000,-8,ca_carnival,first%20Miracle%20cruise%20

I can't tell if you're serious or being sarcastic:confused:

The Comedy brunch (with no comedy) and the Seuss breakfast are two different things. The Seuss breakfast will be held in a separate room or area of the ship, so I don't think the food will overlap.