New to Princess sailing on Caribbean Princess

SKAGGS1234

We are jumping ship from Royal Caribbean to the Caribbean Princess! Will we be just has happy? any major differences? any good tips to know?

Thanks for any information:)!

There are no surf riders, rock walls and such on Princess. Also no alcohol package yet, but there are some 6 for 5 beer packages.You can carry on one 750ml bottle of wine per person over 21 at no charge. Additional bottles can be boarded with a $15/bot corkage fee. No spirits or beer can be brought on board. Less announcements. However, they are more the same than different. Be sure to visit the International Cafe (no charge for food) open 24 hours. The buffet is open all the time from 6am until midnight. You may also like the grill and pizza & soft ice cream bar also free. When boarding Princess go directly to your cabin, no cabin call, your cabin will be ready. If you are in Anytime dining you can make dining reservation by calling the dine line. Lots of live entertainment and activities in the evening in the various lounges.

Five pools. The Calypso Reef and Neptune's Reef are the main Lido deck pools mid ship. The Terrace Pool on Deck 14 aft is adults only as is the Lotus Pool on Deck 16 forward. There are Steam and Sauna rooms at no charge next to the Lotus Pool. There is also a pool on Deck

We are jumping ship from Royal Caribbean to the Caribbean Princess! Will we be just has happy? any major differences? any good tips to know?

Thanks for any information:)!

Hear is the complete message

There are no surf riders, rock walls and such on Princess. Also no alcohol package yet, but there are some 6 for 5 beer packages.You can carry on one 750ml bottle of wine per person over 21 at no charge. Additional bottles can be boarded with a $15/bot corkage fee. No spirits or beer can be brought on board. Less announcements. However, the lines are more the same than different. Be sure to visit the International Cafe (no charge for food) open 24 hours. The buffet is open all the time from 6am until midnight. You may also like the grill and pizza & soft ice cream bar also free. When boarding Princess go directly to your cabin, no cabin call, your cabin will be ready. If you are in Anytime dining you can make dining reservations by calling the dine line. Lots of live entertainment and activities in the evening in the various lounges.

Five pools. The Calypso Reef and Neptune's Reef are the main Lido deck pools mid ship. The Terrace Pool on Deck 14 aft is adults only as is the Lotus Pool on Deck 16 forward. There are Steam and Sauna rooms at no charge next to the Lotus Pool. There is also a small pool on Deck 17 aft.

If you like quiet private lounging visit the Sanctuary on Deck 17 forward. Visit as soon as you board. Lounges are by reservation and fill quickly. There is a charge to use this area.

We are in the same boat as the OP, we are use to Celebrity, and from what I can tell there will be a big difference from Celebrity to Princess. We thought this time we would try Princess, but as I read more and more I am wondering if my money was well spent.

Don't really want to sound like a snob, but Celebrity offered many more packages on the ship (beverage, etc.) which we found to be very useful, and Princess seems to charge you more for things we were not charged for on Celebrity (we did book Aqua Class both cruises).

Still have very open mind, and plan to enjoy every minute of the cruise, but we are on tight budget, and this will be interesting.

Princess seems to charge you more for things we were not charged for on Celebrity (we did book Aqua Class both cruises).

Don't agree with this perception. All passengers on Princess get the same, except full suites that have a few extra perks. By booking Aqua Class you actually pay for the extras you get, so you are charged just in a different way.

Agree - I consider Princess more a la carte pricing. I can add to my experience from a wide range of add-ons, if I choose. I would rather pick what's important to me than take a package where not everything is relevant.

BTW, drink and wine prices on Princess are much more affordable than Celebrity (if you're into that).

We are in the same boat as the OP, we are use to Celebrity, and from what I can tell there will be a big difference from Celebrity to Princess. We thought this time we would try Princess, but as I read more and more I am wondering if my money was well spent.

Don't really want to sound like a snob, but Celebrity offered many more packages on the ship (beverage, etc.) which we found to be very useful, and Princess seems to charge you more for things we were not charged for on Celebrity (we did book Aqua Class both cruises).

Still have very open mind, and plan to enjoy every minute of the cruise, but we are on tight budget, and this will be interesting.

My wife and I usually cruise Celebrity as well, but we tried Princess for the first time in April. I think you will have s great time and find far more similarities than differences between the 2 lines. In fact we booked a second cruise on Princess while on board. I think we prefer Celebrity if everything else were the same (itinerary, price), but we will probably let the itinerary dictate which line we sail going forward...

I agree Celebrity does offer more and is my favorite line. I sailed Princess for the first time in September to Alaska and we had a good time. I am going on the CB in January mainly for the ports as I do not like Jamaica and almost all of the Western routes stop there. I just hope the weather is good for our departure and arrival out of Houston. If not, it is still better than working!

I love the shows that they have in the plaza. They have some really nice acts. It is not a show lounge but there are some seats around. You can watch for a minute or the whole show. I think it is a very nice added touch that Princess has this.

I was on Caribbean Princess this past Sept and had a GREAT time.

Edited by geocruiser

Don't agree with this perception. All passengers on Princess get the same, except full suites that have a few extra perks. By booking Aqua Class you actually pay for the extras you get, so you are charged just in a different way.

You're forgetting Platinum, Elite, etc.

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/jsp/platinumMemberShipBenefits.jsp