Come Cruise with Me-Oasis Review-11/2/13-Tons of Pics-Family Cruise #3 (Long)

You can tell DH and I are approaching grandparent age (though it better darn well not happen right now:eek:) because we just looooooved the Keith dancing video! I'm so glad you took it because one day you will be so happy to have it!

Our 16yo still somersaults down the hall when she gets excited! (Like when she got her new gaming computer this week -early Xmas present)

So DH he likes seeing your gear before and after- like him, you probably spend more time packing the gear than the clothes:rolleyes:. And he is totally with you on the camera bags. He's inviting you to join his camera 12 step program for recovery...when your ready.

Ps he's off the wagon himself right now, and Christmas is coming and Im enabling, so it's ugly here right now!;)

Need more- Ive already seen all these photos! ;)

some boat show going on and it was somewhat difficult to find hotel space.

That would be the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show. It is one of the premier yachting events in the world, stuff in the $3M-$7M range is usually tucked on the side docks, the stuff from $10M - $300M nets the prime dockage. It's a major event for Fort Lauderdale, yachts get shipped in (on big carrier vessels) from all around the world. It is easily the rival of Monaco and quite amazing to see. Ferraris, Maseratis, Rolls Royce, Bentleys, Lamborghini's are lined up for sale and treated with the same regard as running out to Best Buy for a TV cable. And the people watching....wow. It's very surreal and lots of amazing photo opportunities. I spend one day, but many people fly in and make it a three or four day event. I hear the parties are amongst the best in the world. The yacht crews look worse for wear come Saturday morning.

But yes, with your great photo skills I am looking forward to seeing photos of your cruise, thanks for sharing with us.

Great job as always, Curtis!

I cannot tell a lie, I cheated and looked ahead at your pics on Flickr. Beautiful!

My kids are now in their 20s, so I can say from experience that you will always love having these pics of Keith and your whole family.

Can't wait to read more!

You peeked! It's ok, we'll let it slide ;)

Whew, I'm glad I am not the only one who packs, unpacks, repacks and I still can't seem to get it all in one suitcase!

It is an art!

Great prelude, Curtis! The family and I are boarding Oasis in February; your review is helping create some EXCITEMENT! :D

Sweet dream and sleeping in to Keith...

I'm sure you'll have a great time ;)

This review is really making me feel like I am going on vacation with you! Makes all this snow we are getting a little more bearable.

Great job and thanks for sharing with us!

Glad I could help. It probably wouldn't help to hear that it's 70 degrees here in Florida right now :D

You can tell DH and I are approaching grandparent age (though it better darn well not happen right now because we just looooooved the Keith dancing video! I'm so glad you took it because one day you will be so happy to have it!

Our 16yo still somersaults down the hall when she gets excited! (Like when she got her new gaming computer this week -early Xmas present)

So DH he likes seeing your gear before and after- like him, you probably spend more time packing the gear than the clothes. And he is totally with you on the camera bags. He's inviting you to join his camera 12 step program for recovery...when your ready.

Ps he's off the wagon himself right now, and Christmas is coming and Im enabling, so it's ugly here right now!

Need more- Ive already seen all these photos! ;)

Lol on not being grandparents yet ~ your daughters still have quite a bit of education to get finished first ;)

I still get a kick out of that video :)

I think your husband and I should just kick the wagon to the curb and embrace the disease ;)

Good morning! It is currently 9:30am, three hours after Keith's waking hour. Time to get posting, Curtis! ;)

I know, I know. Unfortunately, we have Christmas shopping in the AM, a birthday party in the afternoon and a Christmas party in the evening, so hopefully once I get home tonight I can get some more up.

December truly is the hardest time to do a review ;)

That would be the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show. It is one of the premier yachting events in the world, stuff in the $3M-$7M range is usually tucked on the side docks, the stuff from $10M - $300M nets the prime dockage. It's a major event for Fort Lauderdale, yachts get shipped in (on big carrier vessels) from all around the world. It is easily the rival of Monaco and quite amazing to see. Ferraris, Maseratis, Rolls Royce, Bentleys, Lamborghini's are lined up for sale and treated with the same regard as running out to Best Buy for a TV cable. And the people watching....wow. It's very surreal and lots of amazing photo opportunities. I spend one day, but many people fly in and make it a three or four day event. I hear the parties are amongst the best in the world. The yacht crews look worse for wear come Saturday morning.

But yes, with your great photo skills I am looking forward to seeing photos of your cruise, thanks for sharing with us.

That would have been something to go see! (as a window shopper of course ;) )

I have read zero words. I just scroll through for pics of that precious little munchkin!! What a cutie!

Your packing job was top notch. I'm impressed and jealous lol.

I know, I know. Unfortunately, we have Christmas shopping in the AM, a birthday party in the afternoon and a Christmas party in the evening, so hopefully once I get home tonight I can get some more up.

December truly is the hardest time to do a review ;)

Yes, it is! No worries and no rush. Spending time with your beautiful family should always come first. :)

I'll kind of be a little sporadic with these, as I the only way I can do a review in December is to post here and there instead of big blocks of time.

Day 1

So the day of the cruise is finally here. We got up around 7:15, got ready and went down to the lobby for breakfast.

Keith enjoyed playing with the wipes

10856357713_18cca03b02_c.jpg

I wasn't real hungry. The only thing I can think of that "morning of the cruise" is getting to the port, getting unloaded, checking in and dropping the stuff off at the room. For me, their is no relaxing until those things are done. In case you weren't sure, I can be a little high strung.

Here is my breakfast

10856395003_4c8ba5b10a_c.jpg

So as I mentioned before, the hotel was right next to a mall in Plantation, Florida. We were also close to a target. A couple people in our traveling party needed a few things, so I volunteered to go get them, as I would rather do anything then sit in a hotel lobby for 2 hours.

10856140916_a069dba7d4_c.jpg

Keith and my dad (papa) road with me.

10856179856_23682ac9ab_c.jpg

Keith found a friend along the way

10856093415_afd307a59e_c.jpg

Eventually we were able to actually go and shop

10856105575_0e22877136_c.jpg

Up next - another little road trip...

So we made it back to the hotel and prepared to leave.

We did some rearranging of the luggage before we left to make it easier to unload

10856210806_627ebfee69_c.jpg

At 10:40 am, we left the hotel. This was basically our route to the port.

11355042485_44e32cae89_c.jpg

My wife took the pictures while I drove

10856224696_2fc66fccc3_c.jpg

10856335384_ed14ef7669_c.jpg

10856191415_2380df5482_c.jpg

Here's the airport and the peloton.

10856218105_926ec7dc62_c.jpg

Up next - we're almost there...

And finally, we can see what we are in for

10856657393_4b893da67e_c.jpg

We arrived at the port at 11:04, so it was about a 25 minute trip from the hotel.

10856501494_45fb1a85ed_c.jpg

10856510254_d509788c3e_c.jpg

Here we are right after we checked in

10856705513_e9523774aa_c.jpg

Almost onboard!

10856745533_dc3decf6b7_c.jpg

10856447936_2f0120e6ef_c.jpg

Coming up a little later - We've made it onboard, lunch, exploring and sail-a-way...

Woohoo! Hey Curtis! Loving your review so far, and Keith is absolutely adorable! It's like we're getting to watch him grow up. Thank you for sharing. :)

I've been referencing your Freedom review for a few weeks now, since we're taking Isaac with us on the Liberty in a few weeks. He'll be 10 months old when we sail. Can't wait!

I have to say Curtis, that I was one waiting with baited breath for this review. I know these reviews are such work and doing it during the Christmas time holidays make it even a little more difficult but I am so glad to see this review coming. When you posted on FB that you had started it I wanted to wait just a few days so that I could get a good start and enough to fill my lunch hour.

Looking forward to all the rest. Keith is growing like a week! What a little lady killer you got there.

Woohoo! Hey Curtis! Loving your review so far, and Keith is absolutely adorable! It's like we're getting to watch him grow up. Thank you for sharing. :)

I've been referencing your Freedom review for a few weeks now, since we're taking Isaac with us on the Liberty in a few weeks. He'll be 10 months old when we sail. Can't wait!

Thanks so much :)

He'll be 10 months soon? Time just flies by. I can't believe 2 years has already passed since we announced Keith in the Jewel review I did. Time truly does speed up as we get older ;)

I have to say Curtis, that I was one waiting with baited breath for this review. I know these reviews are such work and doing it during the Christmas time holidays make it even a little more difficult but I am so glad to see this review coming. When you posted on FB that you had started it I wanted to wait just a few days so that I could get a good start and enough to fill my lunch hour.

Looking forward to all the rest. Keith is growing like a week! What a little lady killer you got there.

Your too kind :D

And he is the little lady killer. He even has this batting his eyes routine he does ;)

Wonderful pictures.Beautiful family.

So looking forward to your updates

If possible can you let us know if Giovanni's is open for lunch on embarkation day.

Thanks so much

Yes, open for lunch. A nice, uncrowded place to start the cruise.

A very nice start to your review. Keith is such a handsome little man.

My hubby and I sailed on Oasis the week after you all did (11/9-11/16). We had such an amazing time. The ship is so big that we did not get to see everything. Seven days is just not long enough on such a grand ship like this one. We decided to sail her again next November, this time we'll be doing the eastern itinerary.

I look forward to following the rest of your review.

Edited by 4evercruiser
typing error