Not connecting cabins

gooch47

Unless the deck plans are wrong, what were supposed to be connecting cabins (A-530 & 534) for our Christmas cruise on the Caribbean Princess aren't.

I previously told my granddaughter that they were and she was so excited.

Not sure if our TA messed it up or Princess steered her wrong. Either way it won't ruin our cruise, but it sure would have been nicer.

Now if she just keeps to her schedule ...

Edited by gooch47

I think that the non connecting cabins are 534 and 602.....there is a fire wall there and that extents out between the balconies. The hall way door indicates a fire wall...they are connected via the balcony.

You should be fine

Edited by chrysalis

I've never seen a doorway connection between cabins onboard ship other than on the balcony.

In practical terms, an interior doorway would take away critical space and require a much larger cabin. It might be possible with "pocket" sliding doors, but I've never seen that implemented.

I've never seen a doorway connection between cabins onboard ship other than on the balcony.

In practical terms, an interior doorway would take away critical space and require a much larger cabin. It might be possible with "pocket" sliding doors, but I've never seen that implemented.

They have connecting cabin on the R ships....Ocean and Pacific. If you book one of those, you lose the sofa and get a chair instead. Someone to watch for if you don't need connecting cabins.

There are some connecting cabins on the Royal...as our family members had two of them. I am not used to seeing any Princess ships with connecting cabins, other than the balcony connecting, and I was skeptical of them really being connecting until I saw the door between them..but they definitely are.

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

The Coral and Island also have cabins with in-cabin connecting doors. There are several on Aloha deck.

No in-cabin connecting doors on the CB. Just look at the deck plans to verify. If there were, a "door" icon would be on the wall between the cabins.

Edited by Pam in CA

What made you think they were connecting? Just the TA telling you they were? It's obvious on the deck plan that those 2 balcony cabins are NOT connecting.
As others have stated, some Princess ships do have some connecting cabins (although not on the Caribbean?). Unfortunately, the "Deck Plans - NEW!" no longer show the connecting cabins, either on the Deck Plans or the public booking engine deck plans :(

As others have stated, some Princess ships do have some connecting cabins (although not on the Caribbean?). Unfortunately, the "Deck Plans - NEW!" no longer show the connecting cabins, either on the Deck Plans or the public booking engine deck plans :(

Yes, I know that. I've had many connecting and non-connecting balconies.

I was just trying to understand from the OP how the confusion came about. I think I see what you're saying - that the ONLINE brochures don't show the connecting cabins but if it was the TA's mess up, he/she should've verified that the cabins were connecting when making the booking.

So sorry the OP has had this happen. But, at least you can still go between the cabins via the balcony. We do this all the time with our sons.

Yes, I know that. I've had many connecting and non-connecting balconies.
I am wondering on what ships you have had non-connecting balconies? I haven't been on the "R" ships or the Sun class ships. I know there are some cabins aft on Emerald deck on the Coral/Island with solid bulkheads and some other balconies on those ships where structural members preclude doors between balconies. However there appear to be doors in all dividers on the balconies of all variants of the Grand class ships from the Grand through the Ruby. We have been in D400 on the Sapphire and there was a door in the balcony partition between D400 and D330 even though there is a fire door between those cabin in the hallway. I have seen photos with every balcony partition door open and you can see from one end of a Grand class ship to the other end through the open doors.

I think it was just me. We specified we wanted side-by-side cabins. We also cruise a lot with NCL and their ships often have inside doors between cabins and I must have just assumed that we could get the same thing on Princess.

So please go back to your regularly scheduled programs and excuse the ravings of this senior citizen.

To me, the lack of connecting interior doors sounds really good. I would not like losing an interior cabin feature for the sake of having interior connecting doors. Cabins are already small without adding more people via an interior connecting door. The connecting balcony feature seems to be preferable.

As I say, that is a matter of my preference.

On NCL the doors are on the blank wall across from the bed and next to the closet, at least that was where it was on the Pride of America. But I'm a little concerned about our January b2b on the Jewel. Our cabin will have a connecting door with strangers next to us. I'm a little concerned about noise.

I am wondering on what ships you have had non-connecting balconies? I haven't been on the "R" ships or the Sun class ships. I know there are some cabins aft on Emerald deck on the Coral/Island with solid bulkheads and some other balconies on those ships where structural members preclude doors between balconies. However there appear to be doors in all dividers on the balconies of all variants of the Grand class ships from the Grand through the Ruby. We have been in D400 on the Sapphire and there was a door in the balcony partition between D400 and D330 even though there is a fire door between those cabin in the hallway. I have seen photos with every balcony partition door open and you can see from one end of a Grand class ship to the other end through the open doors.

The subject was a door going between both cabins as being "connected" so by non-connecting, I mean that there is NOT a door between the 2 balcony cabins inside the cabin itself.

I think it was just me. We specified we wanted side-by-side cabins. We also cruise a lot with NCL and their ships often have inside doors between cabins and I must have just assumed that we could get the same thing on Princess.

So please go back to your regularly scheduled programs and excuse the ravings of this senior citizen.

Oh - thanks, got it. Yes, you'd think Princess would have as many inter-connecting cabins on their ships as the others do, but they don't at all. The open partition on the balcony still works well enough. We started a system with our sons years ago. If their heavy curtains are drawn (closed), that means they're still asleep and not to disturb them. If they're open, that means they're awake and we can disturb them. :D

The subject was a door going between both cabins as being "connected" so by non-connecting, I mean that there is NOT a door between the 2 balcony cabins inside the cabin itself.
Thought you were talking about balcony partitions.
Oh - thanks, got it. Yes, you'd think Princess would have as many inter-connecting cabins on their ships as the others do, but they don't at all. The open partition on the balcony still works well enough. We started a system with our sons years ago. If their heavy curtains are drawn (closed), that means they're still asleep and not to disturb them. If they're open, that means they're awake and we can disturb them. :D
That is what we do when traveling in adjacent cabins with DW's DS and DBIL.

Thought you were talking about balcony partitions.That is what we do when traveling in adjacent cabins with DW's DS and DBIL.

Oh. ;)

I wish the partition on the balcony was a little wider. On RCI, it's huge. With Princess, it's pretty narrow. Years ago, I ran into it a few times when checking on my kids in the middle of the night. :o