Honey Stung Chicken

Ladysilver

I don't understand why so many people love the Honey Stung Chicken. After reading about it several times on the RC threads, I was really excited about trying it. I finally did try it last week on our Navigator cruise. It was horrible. Reminded me of hospital or school food. A flat, breaded, pattie of processed meat. As I was eating some of it, all I could think about was "Are you kidding me?" Gross.........:p:p:p

I thought the same thing. We had written it in the "book" of things to not miss, yeah, that's some food I could have easily lived without.

I like Honey Stung Chicken. When I was on Enchantment in May, it was quite tasty, especially with the sauce on the side. But that's ME. Are there things that I like more? Yes, of course. Now I'll tell you what I'm not impressed with, and that's the Park Cafe's Beef Sandwiches. You can keep those things....but that's another thread for another time :rolleyes:

I like Honey Stung Chicken. When I was on Enchantment in May, it was quite tasty, especially with the sauce on the side. But that's ME. Are there things that I like more? Yes, of course. Now I'll tell you what I'm not impressed with, and that's the Park Cafe's Beef Sandwiches. You can keep those things....but that's another thread for another time :rolleyes:

I agree with the roast beef sandwiches. To me it looks under cooked and with a big chunk of fat running through it. I know a lot of people really like it (all of my family) but I have no desire to try it.

On the Majesty in 2007 and Allure in 2010 it was good, on the Vision early this month I tried it 2 days as it was served two times and it was not good either time. Both times was dark meat and I am a chicken breast only person. Never have had the liking for dark meat. Decided to stick with beef after that. I did have grilled chicken breast at dinner and it was decent.

We were just on out 5th cruise with Royal and I had never tried the Honey-stung chicken. After trying I could not understand the hype, checked and it is a Tyson frozen chicken product. Yuck!

We loved the Roast beef sandwhiches at Park cafe. See to each his own, that's what makes the world go 'round. :)

People like what they like. Any research around here on HSC would have revealed that its nothing more than a Tyson processed frozen chicken pattie heated and served. Think along the lines of Tyson anytizers.

To me, it signals the start of a cruise. Nothing more and nothing less. Its decent when its fresh and terrible when it isnt.

Speaking of overrated, everyone goes bonkers over the warm chocolate melting cake on Carnival. Personally, I think it was terrible but to each their own!

On my last cruise I was determined to try the Honey Stung Chicken and the Vidalia Onion Tart that many seemed to rave about. I was disappointed on both accounts. That's OK, now I know and I will choose other items. Now if they mess with the Sour Dough Rolls - well that's another story. :D

They changed it and now it SUX. Frozen & ratty like cheap ass chicken fingers. It used to be really good. Now horrible.

Agreed. Until they changed it a few years ago, it was quite tasty, especially if you got to it when it just came hot out of the kitchen. Back then they were plump pieces of real chicken, not the breaded planks of cardboard they are now. I absolutely get people not understanding what the big deal is if they weren't able to try them back when they were really good. Just like almost every other good thing these days, it was the victim of cutting quality to squeeze out more profit.

Agreed. Until they changed it a few years ago, it was quite tasty, especially if you got to it when it just came hot out of the kitchen. Back then they were plump pieces of real chicken, not the breaded planks of cardboard they are now. I absolutely get people not understanding what the big deal is if they weren't able to try them back when they were really good. Just like almost every other good thing these days, it was the victim of cutting quality to squeeze out more profit.

Im pretty sure I watched them making the REAL honey stung chicken during the galley filming on a show about a new years cruse on Freedom that came out back in 2006.

It was called Inside: Worlds Biggest Cruise Ship and came on National Geographic.

I agree with the roast beef sandwiches. To me it looks under cooked and with a big chunk of fat running through it. I know a lot of people really like it (all of my family) but I have no desire to try it.

My sentiments exactly...

I just don't do rare beef, and many folks believe that's the only way to eat a "Beef on Weck" (as it's often referred to) sandwich. Not into the pink stuff, much prefer medium to medium-well. There was an entire thread a while back created for discussion of the infamous Park Cafe' beef sandwich. I had to laugh because people literally tore into others who didn't like the sandwich or wanted a piece of beef that was cooked a bit longer! It was hilarious...:D

But alas, I digress; give me a plate of Honey Stung ANYDAY!;)

Speaking of overrated, everyone goes bonkers over the warm chocolate melting cake on Carnival. Personally, I think it was terrible but to each their own![/quote]

ryano-

You're on point with that. I agree about the Carnival Chocolate Cake. Lots of Carnival cruisers simply RAVE about it. The first time that I tasted it I was waiting for the fireworks, but it never went off.

FOOD. So subjective, isn't it?

Wasn't served in the Windjammer on the Ex on 12/02. Had been replaced with chicken tenders. Still on the room service menu, but when ordered for lunch received the chicken tenders.

I noticed it wasn't on the 11/23 cruise either. Was kind of bummed about it. :(

Speaking of overrated, everyone goes bonkers over the warm chocolate melting cake on Carnival. Personally, I think it was terrible but to each their own![/quote]

ryano-

You're on point with that. I agree about the Carnival Chocolate Cake. Lots of Carnival cruisers simply RAVE about it. The first time that I tasted it I was waiting for the fireworks, but it never went off.

FOOD. So subjective, isn't it?

lol -- funny how taste is an individual thing until you disagree. Especially if you disagree with somebody's favorite famous chef.