Please help....

valandemmy

To be honest I don't remember if they ask for the card or not. And you're already getting various opinions on here. OP should call Carnival asap and find out if you need that CC or not. Hope it doesn't ruin your vacation. Perhaps if you do they will take a scanned pic. Can't imagine they won't let you use that card in an emergency if you can get a picture to them and have other forms of ID. You will need some money on the ships even if you don't spend a dime. There's the tips unless you remove everyone of them. Good luck.

I always prepay tips...one less thing to deal with on the ship...

If you call Carnival, you're likely to get three different answers if you talk to three different people.

Maybe. But this is an emergency situation. And unlike us, someone at Carnival could put a note on his account about his credit card situation so that the person checking him in sees it. Point is, he stands a better chance of talking to Carnival than asking us. In the interest of time, he should call them asap.

Really? I also set up my onboard account in advance online but when I get to the port, they have asked for my credit card to be swiped upon check in. :confused:

Since November, 2012, we have sailed five times out of three different ports (NYC, Boston, Bayonne) 4 times we boarded Carnival ships. Once we boarded an RCCL ship. We always check-in online and provide a valid card for charges. We have not been asked to show a credit card at the port for any of these sailings.

Get your in laws to send you the card info. That should be all you need as you can setup you onboard spending account online. Let them know during check in I'm sure they will work something out. Or even contact carnival today with in laws on conference call with card info. Have a great time

Get your in laws to send you the card info. That should be all you need as you can setup you onboard spending account online. Let them know during check in I'm sure they will work something out. Or even contact carnival today with in laws on conference call with card info. Have a great time

Carnival has the card info

On my most recent cruise Dec 1 on the Magic I DID have to show my card even though I set it up online. Actually - I had to give it to them twice more for them to run it in their system because my card kept getting kicked out of my S&S account for some strange reason.

UPS and FedEx both do Sunday over night deliveries but it isn't cheap. Someone may need to take your items to the nearest UPS/FedEx facility so it can start its journey there. You will need to call them for this option to have a chance.

As others have said someone could wire you money to your bank account / wire you some cash that you could use to create the S&S account.

Someone could always grab your things and fly them to you personally - but this probably will be rather expensive. Maybe if you called an airline they would take pity on you.

Or, maybe they won't ask for the card at check in as others have said. best of luck and I hope you manage to have a great time.

You can have someone wire you money online. It's quick and easy! If you're in doubt whether Carnival will use your card that's on file from online check-in, then have someone wire you enough money to cover your sail & sign, tips, spend money, etc.

Go to the Western Union website and find a location near you where you can pick up money.

Then contact a loved one and have them set up an account at Western Union's website. They can send money to you via a credit card (yours if they have it!). They can do the transaction online and they can send it to the location that you choose.

I've done this to help my kids when they're out on the road.

I have always found information on the boards to be more accurate than calling a Carnival rep. The fact that people have had varying experiences is not surprising.

That's the problem going this route, everybody seems to have a different experience, and they all think that THEIR experience is the right one. I personally would still call Carnival. And even if in my own personal experience they didn't ask for my CC in the past, I wouldn't leave anything to chance. I would do everything I could to get either my CC or money.

GO MIZZOU!!!!!!!

That's the problem going this route, everybody seems to have a different experience, and they all think that THEIR experience is the right one. I personally would still call Carnival. And even if in my own personal experience they didn't ask for my CC in the past, I wouldn't leave anything to chance. I would do everything I could to get either my CC or money.

GO MIZZOU!!!!!!!

Hope everything falls into place for the OP, and the family has a great cruise!

Hope everything falls into place for the OP, and the family has a great cruise!

I hope so as well, I always worry about forgetting something. 3 cruises ago my brother forgot his passport, luckily we had a couple extra days before the cruise and he had someone over night it.

GO MIZZOU!!!!!!!