Daytime hours of GDR and Terrace Grill on Riviera

samom

I have seen all thesample menus but failed to find the hours of operation of the various restaurants. Courious when and where food is available during the day. I am sure it is on their website but I have failed to find it.

There is coffee and pastries at Horizons at 6am.

During the day small sandwiches (at lunch time) and cookies (all day) at Baristas. Also cookies at the Concierge Lounge and Executive Lounge (for more expensive bookings). May have been small sandwiches there, not sure.

At 4pm there is tea at Horizons...small sandwiches and wonderful desserts.

You can get room service 24/7.

Edited by eddmel

Thanks for the info. I was sure I would not starve but just currious as to daytime options. Especially as we intend to spend time in port and will want a little something when we return

For mid-afternoon returns, being as Terrace and GDR are closed by 2:00 pm, Waves is a good choice as it is open until 4 pm. After that as previously mentioned there is the excellent afternoon tea though with slow service it seems is more pax are serving themselves from a service/buffet table. There is also a full menu from the 24 Room Service menu.

GDR serves breakfast,lunch & dinner. Dinner is 6:30-9:00

Waves grill is open 7:00am-? 12:00-4:00. Terrace is open 7:00-10?, 12:00-2:00, 6:30-9:00.

Hours change as port times dictate.

On port days is there lunch in the GDR?

On port days is there lunch in the GDR?

We do remember that GDR was not open for lunch on Riviera when in port one day in Cairo (Port Said) in July 2012. Also, this past summer GDR was closed for lunch at least one day when docked in St. Petersburg when many traveled to Moscow, Catherine's Palace, etc. with tours that ran most of the day.

When we take a half day tour that is more like five hours than three hours, we try to make it to GDR before the 2 PM closing. It is a delightful time for at least several reasons: we are hungry from the long tour; there are usually very few people in GDR; staff is so very happy to see us; kitchen is not crazy busy and sends up great food beautifully presented. Salads and sandwiches are on the menu, but entrees are also available that are about the size of a dinner portion. The down side of this lovely lunch is you are not hungry until a later dinner hour, so be careful as to how much you eat for a GDR lunch if you have Signature restaurant reservations before, say, 8 PM.

Enjoy! :p