Rooms with a child

GT38

You will need a cabin that has 3 beds...whether you use the bed, or not. P&Ps are available, if that's what you want.

Additional beds come in sofabed or pullman form. Look at the deck plans....they are marked with symbols for the type of bedding in each cabin.

At only 3 he might be able to sleep on 1 of the little sofas in the IS cabins. You will still need a cabin that allows 3. I personally will not allow any of my grans up on the bunk until they are older. I have one that was not bunk trustworthy at 6!!!! There is a little rail but that child was a slip through the rail child!! We wrapped a blanket around the rail and that worked for the rest of the cruise. You may even want the little guy to just snuggle in the middle of you both.

I suggest a cabin that sleeps 4 and has a sofa that converts to a bed. You can book this cabin for 3. That will give the little guy a large sleeping area so he won't fall off. Will also allow extra snuggle room if he needs someone to be nearby while he falls asleep. I'd say no to a bunk bed for a 3 year old. You might find you or our spouse having to sleep in it. My 4 year old granddaughter was too scared to sleep in a bunk and her dad ended up having to give up his bed.

We had an oceanview stateroom with a Pullmans bed. there is an age requirement to use the Pullmans bed and i wouldn't feel safe having my 2.5 yr old son sleep on it anyway. We pushed the bed against the wall and he slept closest to the wall. The cabins are small

but he had enough room to play and we were barely in our room anyway.

I will Cruising with my 3 year old. You do not need a room that accommodates 3 (sofa bed or Pullman) until the child is 4 or over a certain weight/height. You will however need to order a pack and play. We will be having our son sleeping between us and probable put the pack and play in the closet.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

We sailed last year with our 3 year old in a JS. Sofa converted to a bed, so she slept there. Worked out perfectly.

We travelled this past Sept with our 3 y/o son in a GS. We used the pull out sofa too, and he loved it. The early disembark was also fantastic perk - we put our bags out the night before, and then were walked off early by the concierge. GREAT perk when you have a little one who does not like to wait. Also, the in-room dining was great because he did not do well in MDR. But, if you grandson is more calm and patient, the JS would be a fine choice.

I will Cruising with my 3 year old. You do not need a room that accommodates 3 (sofa bed or Pullman) until the child is 4 or over a certain weight/height. You will however need to order a pack and play. We will be having our son sleeping between us and probable put the pack and play in the closet.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Um...I am not sure if this is true. I thought I read that if a room is limited to 2 people, then that is all you can put in there - age does not matter. So, you would need a room that is rated 3 guests or more.

An OV cabin we had on a different cruiseline, had an upholstered chair which opened into a single bed. We had no kids with us, but that chair could have accomodated another person.

Ask RCI, if that could be arranged for you. A three year old might be to big for a pack & play.

Pack n plays are for children under 2yrs and they can be added to a cabin without the Pullman BUT at 2 (just sailed with a 2 yr old in May) we needed to book a cabin that stated 3 person availability. The tiny sofa turned to the wall does work great for little ones. Not knowing the size of your little guy I am not sure. Find out his height an ask Royal directly if he will fit OK. I was offering the least costly option to you but if you have the funds, I would go with a JS. You have a balcony and he has a sofa bed. Royal has a fabulous Adventure Ocean program for the children that will work off some energy each day. The hand held shower wand does great on the little bottoms too. We have traveled with children as young as 10 mo and up to 11 yr. Have had no issues with any travel on ship (or on land, but I enjoy the ship much more, as I feel the children are very well cared for by Royal staff) with the children. Have a wonderful cruise and make lots of memories!!!!