St.Thomas Best Bars for a Pub Krawl ???

Andy/Deb

On a cruise stop you'll see several bars in town that you can hit, we like the Greenhouse and a couple small bars right there. The fun spots are in Red Hook on the East End but the real fun starts after dark, of course. But if you do head to RH you can go to Duffy's Love Shack, Big Bamboo, a new Senor Frogs if open yet, Island Time for great pizza, and Molly Malone's. These are all a short walk from one another, but better check their hours ahead of time. You can also hit Iggie's Beach Bar in Bolongo Bay on the way back or just go straight there if nothing in town interests you. And Paradise Point is a great spot to end your crawl for the view and vibe.

Where will your ship dock? If at Crown Bay you can end at Tickles Bar and Restaurant. If docking at Havensight, you could end at Mojo's where they have swings at the bar.

In town, the Greenhouse on the Waterfront is very popular, but so is the outdoors bar in Palm Passage, Cocinuts Bar and Grill, Gladys' for the singing and music, The Beer Garden for cheap beers and funky atmosphere, and Cuzzins for Caribbean music.

• 2 years later...
bumping...interested in more info on bar hop if anyone has info to share

You're docked at Havensight (WICO) in Sept and there are some fun bars right there. Mojo's Rum & Surf Shack, Senor Frog's, and don't miss the Dog House Pub across the street where you turn when driving up to Paradise Point if I remember. You can also taxi or take the aerial tram up to Paradise Point for drinks and a bite and a nice view of the harbor.

Mojo's closed a few months ago (when Shipwreck closed). Tap & Still at Havensight, with a HUGE variety of beers, is now a favorite spot in Havensight. They will be brewing their own beers probably just before Christmas 2016.

The Smoking Rooster in Havensight has a small air-conditioned bar and a larger bar outdoors.

Senor Frogs in Havensight is my favorite, because of the loud, partying music and dancing!

In town, The Beer Garden is great. It's on Main St across from Palm Passage. It's in a secluded courtyard.

Big Kahuna Rum Shack in town is also good. It's a block from the Greenhouse that bluewater mentioned.

Rum Island Pub on the Waterfront seems to be pretty popular, too, but it's small. It's outdoors.

Love love all the responses! Do you think it's worth it to book a tour guide to bring us around? Are any of these bars in walking distance of the pier? We've been to St Thomas a couple of times but I can't remember what's around the port area for the life of me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, haven't been to Havensight in awhile - Thought Mojo's would be there forever...

Friends who enjoy bar crawls always head into town and hit a few small bars between Main St and the waterfront and hit Greenhouse for a bite. I remember one very casual bar in particular closer to the waterfront was open-walled and may have since been replaced by another, but they had a saying "A day without a buzz is a day that never was"...that fit our friends' style. ;)

Being docked in Havensight we would probably stay right there if doing a pub crawl and head to the Smoking Rooster (haven't been there), then up to Paradise Point, then the Dog House Pub, and finally T&S for a burger (similar to Five Guys).

Edited by blue_water

Thanks, haven't been to Havensight in awhile - Thought Mojo's would be there forever...

Friends who enjoy bar crawls always head into town and hit a few small bars between Main St and the waterfront and hit Greenhouse for a bite. I remember one very casual bar in particular closer to the waterfront was open-walled and may have since been replaced by another, but they had a saying "A day without a buzz is a day that never was"...that fit our friends' style. ;)

Being docked in Havensight we would probably stay right there if doing a pub crawl and head to the Smoking Rooster (haven't been there), then up to Paradise Point, then the Dog House Pub, and finally T&S for a burger (similar to Five Guys).

super..initially i was trying to get a group together to do a hop (key west style) but the tour guide is charging $50 p/p to drive us around to the 4 bars i chose...its going to end up pricey for the day. i like this idea better...more $ to spend on booze...ummm i mean souvenirs LOL

• 2 months later...

bahama: It all depends which pier. The bars of Havensight are definitely walking distance from the Havensight/West Indian dock. Town is one mile from Havensight, on a flat waterfront sidewalk. The bars in town are all very close to each other, hence my "shot shopping" reference. If you are at Crown Bay, there are a couple of bars in walking distance, notably Tickles. Crown Bay is a bit more than 1 1/2 miles from town.

There are newer bars in Havensight since this thread started. Smooking Rooster. Tap and Still which will soon have it's own brewery. Mojo's reopened but name should change soon.

A brewery may also open later this season near Crown Bay so that will be another bar. There's also one in Island Flavor.

A stop in St Thomas isn't complete without a stop at Coconut Bar & Grill for their famous Bushwacker and don't forget to put up a dollar bill with your name on it onto the ceiling...we visit ours often :D