Changing MDR on Quantum?

OhioOtter

So maybe they are adopting the rotating dining venues like they have on Disney...

I like that idea. Rotating dining was a lot of fun on our Disney cruise. You also have the same wait team follow you to each venue.

It certainly has been torture waiting to hear what they have in store for us Quantum cruisers.

Sooo excited!!

• 3 weeks later...
I like that idea. Rotating dining was a lot of fun on our Disney cruise. You also have the same wait team follow you to each venue.

It certainly has been torture waiting to hear what they have in store for us Quantum cruisers.

Sooo excited!!

For those of us who have not experienced a Disney cruise. Just how does this rotating dining work and how many different venues do you rotate in? Also are there formal nights? Are there themes?

For those of us who have not experienced a Disney cruise. Just how does this rotating dining work and how many different venues do you rotate in? Also are there formal nights? Are there themes?

We've done several Disney cruises, and rotational dining is essentially an optical illusion. When they designed their ships, they split the MDR real estate into three smaller spaces so they could fit everything else they wanted to do into the flow of the main decks. While that gave them the ability to create three differently decorated venues, the menus in all three are identical each evening. You may be sitting in a different chair in a different room, but you have the same menu that the person who is now sitting in the chair you had last night is seeing.:rolleyes:

Even if it's an illusion, it still works extremely well. You get the feeling that you're in a traditional restaurant like Chops or 150 CP, and you don't have that monster dining room feeling where it's you and 2000 other people at the same time (which could be a negative for some folks, if they like the sweeping vista).

Even if it's an illusion, it still works extremely well. You get the feeling that you're in a traditional restaurant like Chops or 150 CP, and you don't have that monster dining room feeling where it's you and 2000 other people at the same time (which could be a negative for some folks, if they like the sweeping vista).

You've captured my feelings exactly! When in the MDR on the Oasis and even on Celebrity Reflection, I felt like I was in a enormous banquet hall. It was noisy without much atmosphere.

We have always enjoyed the specialty restaurants where we feel we are in an intimate setting with special food & service--more like a fancy restaurant at home.

We are looking forward to the rumored dining venues on Quantum!

• 2 weeks later...

Something to add to the thoughts of this thread. The Navigator of the Seas just returned from a major drydocking that involved renovating many of the venues. She overall looks much more modern with many cues likely taken from Quantum (including virtual balconies). One interesting change is that the MDR is now a single name, rather than three distinct ones. This could be a another sign of the multiple dinning rooms within a single dinning room concept. Perhaps it's them trying to cut down on future confusion. Once people see four names on the MDR as four venues on Quantum they'll start to assume 3 names means 3 venues which is not true on the rest of the fleet.

Something to add to the thoughts of this thread. The Navigator of the Seas just returned from a major drydocking that involved renovating many of the venues. She overall looks much more modern with many cues likely taken from Quantum (including virtual balconies). One interesting change is that the MDR is now a single name, rather than three distinct ones. This could be a another sign of the multiple dinning rooms within a single dinning room concept. Perhaps it's them trying to cut down on future confusion. Once people see four names on the MDR as four venues on Quantum they'll start to assume 3 names means 3 venues which is not true on the rest of the fleet.

We shall see. I always thought that giving the different floors different names in the Voyager / Freedom Class MDRs was silly... much less confusing to have one dining room name and then say [NAME] Deck 3, or [NAME] Deck 4. I think getting away from those needlessly confusing different names is a good move.

I just changed my table sitting to a six top from a two top at six asked about where the dining room was . The rep said she didn't know for sure yet but before QOT Scome out they should know.

Just to clarify, are they showing the available dining times again? I thought I read at some point they withdrew all the set dining times and just basically said to stay tuned for an announcement in Spring 2014.

Just to clarify, are they showing the available dining times again? I thought I read at some point they withdrew all the set dining times and just basically said to stay tuned for an announcement in Spring 2014.

Just checked our reservation and it states.

"Dinner Seating: Dining preferences will be available Spring 2014. "

Just checked our reservation and it states.

"Dinner Seating: Dining preferences will be available Spring 2014. "

Ok thanks! I'm hoping to have my own Quantum reservation to check by the end of the week!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

When we booked last May, we reserved an 8:30 dining time. A few months ago it changed to the "stay tuned 'til spring 2014" that everyone else got. Now it's back to 8:30.

We just upgraded our cabin yesterday, and the receipt I was emailed now shows 8:30 again. In addition, our friends booked yesterday, and the C&A rep could not link our reservations for dinner because we were booked for 8:30 but all that was left for our friends was my time dining. (The rep did say that 8:30 dining should open up again, and our friends can switch to late dining at that time and have their prepaid gratuities removed.)

Anyway, it looks like traditional dining times are available again.

I was just on Allure and found myself talking to the hotel director for a bit and he said dining on Quantum is going to be different than on other ships and he's very excited about it. He wouldn't elaborate more than that.