Food Network Canada: Guy's Family Cruise Tonight

JillK

There was a post about a month or two ago about the "Guy's Family Cruise" special airing in the States on Food Network but it wasn't being shown up north on our Food Network at the time.

I just stumbled on to it in tonight's listings while I was looking for Christmas movies for my kids.... It will be airing at 9:00 pm EST for those Canadians interested in watching.

Since I am just off the Dec 8th sailing of the Glory and still have a (quickly fading) tan, I think I will either really enjoy this special or cry that my cruise is over. Maybe both!!

Jill

• 2 weeks later...

I had seen this when it aired in the US back in October. We will be visiting Ocho Rios in Feb. Can anybody recap the places where they ate? We'd love to try some authentic Jamaican food. Was it Scotchies?

Thanks!

I thought the best part was when they went to the Italian sell-up spot (I always forget the name ) it was very real, that was what it was like .No special treatment, you get a real feel for what it looks like and the whole experince.

HI all!

I watched the show & kept it. According to Google the places he went in Ochos Rios were the Ochos Rios Jerk Centre & & Miss T's. The food looked amazing.

The Italian restaurant on the Breeze is called Cucina del Capitano.

I went there for the free lunch which was nice but I LOVED the $12 dinner. I tried arancini, Insalata di Rucola (that I'm still craving!) Chicken Parmigiana all topped off with a cannoli.;) It was a super yummy meal with friendly efficient service in a nice atmosphere.

I sooo want to go back on the Breeze!

~ Jo ~ :)

I saw the episode when it ran here in the US. It did look like Guy and his family had a good time. They enjoyed a nice meal in the steakhouse. They also had a tour of Guy's Burger Joint.

You will enjoy the episode. I did.

Edited by JohnSpo

Well, I don't know what your guide says, my my Food Network online guide is showing a Diners, drive ins, and dives marathon all day.....I guess I will tune in at 7pm my time (Mountain) and see if it is on or not...I do want to see it!

I always feel depressed and blue when the cruise ends because that is when I have to say by to my American friend for another whole year....

Hi misguidedangel - just so you're not too disappointed - the original post is from a few weeks ago when the special aired on Food Network Canada on Dec. 20th.

I wouldn't be surprised if it were to air again but like I did, you might have to find it completely by accident!

Best,

Jill

HI all!

I watched the show & kept it. According to Google the places he went in Ochos Rios were the Ochos Rios Jerk Centre & & Miss T's. The food looked amazing.

The Italian restaurant on the Breeze is called Cucina del Capitano.

I went there for the free lunch which was nice but I LOVED the $12 dinner. I tried arancini, Insalata di Rucola (that I'm still craving!) Chicken Parmigiana all topped off with a cannoli.;) It was a super yummy meal with friendly efficient service in a nice atmosphere.

I sooo want to go back on the Breeze!

~ Jo ~ :)

Thanks so much for the recap! We haven't planned out what we are doing in Ocho Rios yet, but it will include going to one or both of those places. :) I have gone to Cucina del Capitano on the Sunshine this past summer for dinner. It was very good and the portions were HUGE!

Thanks again!!! ::D