Worried about Constellation

NYCcruiser86

A co-worker of mine just got this cruise for almost free. They were given this cruise for $150 because of some gambling club they had joined on a previous cruise about 4 years ago. They had to go at the last minute with only a week notice but they handled it. They were not upset that the cruise broke down because that way they could spend an extra day in Key West. This is the second cruise that they got for almost free. I think our next cruise we will join the gambling club and see if we can get a free cruise.

Anyway I am just saying that whenever and wherever you travel, whether it is on a cruise or by car or plane or train sometimes things don't always go as planned. You just have to make the best of things sometimes. Happy sailing and cruising. :cool::cool::cool:

A co-worker of mine just got this cruise for almost free. They were given this cruise for $150 because of some gambling club they had joined on a previous cruise about 4 years ago. They had to go at the last minute with only a week notice but they handled it. They were not upset that the cruise broke down because that way they could spend an extra day in Key West. This is the second cruise that they got for almost free. I think our next cruise we will join the gambling club and see if we can get a free cruise.

Anyway I am just saying that whenever and wherever you travel, whether it is on a cruise or by car or plane or train sometimes things don't always go as planned. You just have to make the best of things sometimes. Happy sailing and cruising. :cool::cool::cool:

The blue chip club is invitation only ;)

only be concerned if you end up in one port for 37 EXTRA hours, miss a much anticipated port of call/shore excursion, cannot get off the ship unless you take a tender to shore, not being able to purchase anything (even sunscreen) on the ship for those 37 hours, or have 217 nautical miles taken off your anticipated cruise (still had to pay the full amount).... and receive only a "pool party/barbq/one hour of free punch/beer (which means NOTHING if you have paid $310 for a premier beverage package)" ... and expect them to make it right....

What DO you want them to do? It's not as if they did anything on purpose, what is it you wanted they didn't give you that they could/should have given you?

To the OP- Have a wonderful cruise on Connie!! We were on her last week during her extended stay at Key West and had a wonderful time. She is in great condition, the staff is excellent and as Orator said she is running fine this week. I know there are a few that are upset about missing Cozumel but they DO have that right to change ports and I felt they handled the situation well, rather be stuck in Key West than floating in the middle of the Caribbean broken down!!!

Anyway the OP wanted to know if the Connie would be okay next week and all I can say is I wish I was going with you!!!!:D:D:D

Oh dear people! Why do so many get worked up about things they can't control. Every one of us that get on this board are BLESSED beyond measure to even take a trip. Can't more people see it as that! Things happen in life and we need to roll with the punches. Everything that doesn't go exactly our way is NOT a reimbursable expense. When a port is missed I bet you ate food on the ship, went to shows or bars, etc. That is what you are paying for , oh yes and for your safety. It is just like flight attendants who want you to be comfortable and enjoy your trip, but their main focus is safety. That is the ship's focus too. What if they went to a port in bad weather just to "please" the passengers and then ran aground like the Costa. The couple that died on that cruise lived 3 miles from me. Maybe, just maybe the officers made a decision to protect your life.

Please people, if you can't go and enjoy, then maybe consider something else. In the meantime, think of the rest of the world that don' t make as much in one year as we spend on a cruise. Be GRATEFUL for the wonderful opportunity we have to go anywhere on vacation!

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Forums mobile app

Oh dear people! Why do so many get worked up about things they can't control. Every one of us that get on this board are BLESSED beyond measure to even take a trip. Can't more people see it as that! Things happen in life and we need to roll with the punches. Everything that doesn't go exactly our way is NOT a reimbursable expense. When a port is missed I bet you ate food on the ship, went to shows or bars, etc. That is what you are paying for , oh yes and for your safety. It is just like flight attendants who want you to be comfortable and enjoy your trip, but their main focus is safety. That is the ship's focus too. What if they went to a port in bad weather just to "please" the passengers and then ran aground like the Costa. The couple that died on that cruise lived 3 miles from me. Maybe, just maybe the officers made a decision to protect your life.

Please people, if you can't go and enjoy, then maybe consider something else. In the meantime, think of the rest of the world that don' t make as much in one year as we spend on a cruise. Be GRATEFUL for the wonderful opportunity we have to go anywhere on vacation!

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Forums mobile app

AMEN!! We are all incredibly lucky to be on one of these wonderful ships!!:)

Wow,

so the Constellation had a mechanical problem, it was fixed, and one port of call was lost but everyone ended up with two ports of call on this five day cruise. Read your cruise contract, it is spelled out in it. Outside of port fee and any reimbursment of a ship tour already paid, Celebrity held up ist contract.

If you have your heart set on a certain port of call, do a land trip.

And as to the gamblers group on this cruise, they are heavy hitters. they always get compted.

I will be on my first Caribbean cruise for the same itinerary in Jan.

I was on the Constellation in Oct for a 12 day cruise out of Istanbul.

The captain and crew are outstanding. The ship is beautiful.

enjoy….

Just curious, what would be the appropriate compensation...let's be real, everyone wants money or OBC...it's BS when people say, "I just want an apology" so please share what would be the correct amount to make you happy...when our Alaska cruise was recently canceled after a year of planning, 24 hours before departure, I knew what I wanted and Celebrity accommodated all of us...

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

My husband and I were discussing this. We think it would be fair to offer some sort of incentive for rebooking the cruise.... the route we actually traveled is listed as a 4 night cruise-so maybe the difference between a 4 nighter and a 5 nighter towards a "do over" would be fair.

I never said anything about being reimbursed for time off... I am not a rude or unreasonable person. I will not, however, tolerate crazy accusations and assumptions. My posts were based on my experience... not judging someone else's character or reprimanding based on my opinion. I thought this forum was designed to openly discuss the topic at hand in order to educate and enhance others' cruise experience - as well as our own... not to twist words around and fabricate high drama! Some need to go back and reread for detail instead of jumping on the vigilante bandwagon.... I'm finished with this conversation! I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas with lots of friends, family, laughter and love!

My husband and I were discussing this. We think it would be fair to offer some sort of incentive for rebooking the cruise.... the route we actually traveled is listed as a 4 night cruise-so maybe the difference between a 4 nighter and a 5 nighter towards a "do over" would be fair.

Ok, so you want a FCC (future cruise certificate) in the amount of the difference between the 4 and 5 night cruise..(i.e. $100 per person x 4 people)...so I would call Celebrity and ask for an FCC in the amount...chances are you will not get it as the full 5 nights were completed, however you will not know unless you ask...

Edited by deise17311

The blue chip club is invitation only ;)

Well I will just have to see if I can get an invitation. My friend's husband does not gamble alot and they got one so I guess I will overuse the slot machines and see if we can get an invitation.

Happy sailing.:cool::cool::cool:

DH, my parents & I even said if we were on that stranded Carnival cruise we would have considered it an adventure--and had stories to tell for the rest of our lives.

This was not an issue of poor service; this was simply an unavoidable problem that certainly did not discomfort guests to any significant degree.

Being flexible & having a great attitude makes every vacation a great one. So we miss a port? IT HAPPENS--A LOT. (weather, mechanical, etc.)

We are excited to try our first Celerity cruise on Connie this March--sounds like the staff is wonderful! But we have felt that way on every cruise we have been on (in all our cruises I only remember a sour asst waiter on one). I recall reading a review by someone on the same cruise as us & they were miserable--all I could think was, were we really on the same cruise??!! When I read through the review again I realized it was ALL about ATTITUDE.

My advice--choose a positive attitude even in the face of adversity. You will always come out ahead.

As Celebrity met its contractual obligations, I'm not sure that normal travel insurance would make any difference. Of course, if you are willing to pay enough, you can get insurance to cover just about anything, including a cruise without a day of rain or any change in itinerary.

I was replying to the original posters concern "worried about Constellation" cruise.

Your post is about the other topic on this thread concerning the ship missing Cozumel.

Things happen, ports are missed, breakdowns occur, as does illness or missing the ship. Insurance is a good idea for a poster worried about a future cruise.

In the case of missing Cozumel, we took a cruise once and missed all ports due to tropical storm. Insurance would not have helped. Usually cruisers know the captain will make decisions about ports due to weather and other problems. We're still laughing about our miserable week when we missed all ports and weathered a nasty storm out in the Atlantic.

jls

[quote name='NYCcruiser86']Hi All,

I'm doing the New Years cruise on the Constellation and I'm getting more than a little worried. We all know that recently she had some engine problems that kept her in Key West overnight (not a big deal, I actually wouldn't mind that!) but she was "fixed up" and sent on her way.

It appears from searching Marine Traffic that she's been having some more problems though that Celebrity isn't telling us. She departed on the 19th for her usual itinerary only to return to PE the next day and depart again.... (screenshot below) Further more its 3 days in and they still haven't made it to Key West, they've just been sailing around aimlessly it appears (another screenshot below).

Should I be worried that my cruise will be cancelled (a la Millennium this summer). I know Celebrity won't care but this is the only vacation my boyfriend and I had planned all year. Even though I'd get my money back it would still not be a great situation to be in.

Any thoughts or news updates from Celebrity/passengers currently on board would be very much appreciated.[/QUOTE]
We were on board on the Dec. 19th voyage with no issues. Several passengers we met were on B2B from the previous cruise and were very complimentary of the X staff for handing the detour. I would not worry. Connie was in great shape!