Coffee card

lrockwitt

Merry Christmas to everyone!!

My question: If I purchase only one coffee card, can two people get the free brewed coffee? Or do we each need our own card?

Can't wait to go on the Ruby on January 9th! My first Princess cruise. I have an Alaska cruise booked for May, which I thought would be my first. But the free FCC was hard to pass up especially being a Floridian. My freebie FCC is going towards the Alaska cruise. I'm thinking Princess will become my favorite line. I'll be going on my first Celebrity in Feb so I will be able to compare the lines while both cruises are still fresh in my mind.

I just went on Norwegian Dawn and was not impressed. :(

We are going on the Ruby this Monday and will be on NCL in April...perhaps we can swap experiences...email me at jmrteacher at gmail if you are interested :-)

Merry Christmas to everyone!!

My question: If I purchase only one coffee card, can two people get the free brewed coffee? Or do we each need our own card?

Merry Christmas to you, also.

The coffee card is meant to be used only by the purchaser for free coffee, not meant to be shared.

Let your conscience be your guide. :)

You can buy specialty coffees for others by using punches.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a card I purchased many years ago probably 2009 maybe 2007 . When purchased it was good on any Princess Cruise as long as there were punches left. It was good for unlimited brewed coffee and 1punch for speciality coffees and 2 for doubles. Now they have changed the rules and it is for 1 cruise only and gets. What will they do with my card? How can they change the rules after they sold it

I have a card I purchased many years ago probably 2009 maybe 2007 . When purchased it was good on any Princess Cruise as long as there were punches left. It was good for unlimited brewed coffee and 1punch for speciality coffees and 2 for doubles. Now they have changed the rules and it is for 1 cruise only and gets. What will they do with my card?

If the card has not had any punches used ar all, you may be able to trade it in for a new card which would give you the unlimited brewed on this cruise and the punches usuable now and in the future. You may have to speak with a manager to do this.

If your card has punches used, you may use the punches for specialty coffees and for fresh brewed.

I have a card I purchased many years ago probably 2009 maybe 2007 . When purchased it was good on any Princess Cruise as long as there were punches left. It was good for unlimited brewed coffee and 1punch for speciality coffees and 2 for doubles. Now they have changed the rules and it is for 1 cruise only and gets. What will they do with my card? How can they change the rules after they sold it

Original cards were good for unlimited as there was unused punches. that's what the sign said when they sold them.

Rules change. Everywhere. They didn't really change the rules; they eliminated the card. So you still can get use out of it, just not what you want.

Remember this is not a free perk they offer. They sold a card good for unlimited brewed coffee on any Princess cruise as long as an open punch remains. Once sold you really cant change the conditions. That's deceptive

And some airlines once issued drink coupons that had no expiration dates.

Then, with about 6 months notice, said they would no longer be honored.

Remember this is not a free perk they offer. They sold a card good for unlimited brewed coffee on any Princess cruise as long as an open punch remains. Once sold you really cant change the conditions. That's deceptive

I call it business, not deception. In essence, the coffee card went out of business. And then another company opened a business with a new coffee card.

Currently in my possession is a credit from a store which is no long viable. I don't call it deception; it was good when they gave it to me. Is it their fault that I didn't use it in a timely fashion?

And to Bill: I have a whole bunch of those from Delta. One of these days I'm going to present one. ;)

And to Bill: I have a whole bunch of those from Delta. One of these days I'm going to present one. ;)

The other day we found a McDonald's One Dollar gift certificate from 1979. It too has no expiration date on it. I figure I'll have better luck selling it on eBay than cashing it in.

Hey, maybe you can do the same with the old Delta Drink Coupon .... :D

The other day we found a McDonald's One Dollar gift certificate from 1979. It too has no expiration date on it. I figure I'll have better luck selling it on eBay than cashing it in.

Hey, maybe you can do the same with the old Delta Drink Coupon .... :D

I just might do that. ;) Brings to mind a credit slip I found for $2.12 from ROSS; it was 17 years old. Would you believe they honored it? First they laughed, then they got a manager and then they took it.

I turned in my second minibar setup for two coffee cards on the Ruby yesterday. They are both unmarked. I am using one of them for my daily brewed coffee and some coffee drinks. No plans on the other one, but it will at least be useful for the fifteen drinks it bears. I'm not much of an alcohol drinker, so I may routinely turn in my Elite setup for this. I am in a suite because of the Getaways promotion and a lot of checking the website to see if I could grab one right when it opened up! I understand I cut the waiting list.

I turned in my second minibar setup for two coffee cards on the Ruby yesterday. They are both unmarked. I am using one of them for my daily brewed coffee and some coffee drinks. No plans on the other one, but it will at least be useful for the fifteen drinks it bears. I'm not much of an alcohol drinker, so I may routinely turn in my Elite setup for this. I am in a suite because of the Getaways promotion and a lot of checking the website to see if I could grab one right when it opened up! I understand I cut the waiting list.

Question: were both setups already there or did you have to call for the 2nd one? I'm going to do that too; exchange one for coffee cards. And then on the next leg, exchange again. Also: Did you dine at a specialty restaurant last night?

You can thank the countless posters who bragged how they kept one punch so they NEVER have to purchase brewed coffee on any cruise.....some even went so far as to admit to laminating the card:rolleyes:....IMO, that is what you call deceptive! I don't think you can blame Princess for "changing the conditions" when there was such wide spread abuse.

You can thank the countless posters who bragged how they kept one punch so they NEVER have to purchase brewed coffee on any cruise.....some even went so far as to admit to laminating the card:rolleyes:....IMO, that is what you call deceptive! I don't think you can blame Princess for "changing the conditions" when there was such wide spread abuse.

Also, it should be noted that we're talking about a card bought in 2007 or 2009. The idea that changing a policy 5 or 7 years down the road is "deceptive" is asinine. If someone bought that card and actually thought it was good for unlimited brewed coffee till the end of time (since there was no prohibition on passing it down from generation to generation) and was never subject to change, they probably should refrain from crossing the street unaided.

Exactly!

Those are probably the same people who hoard teabags from the HC and collect enough flatware along the way to use as wedding gifts. SMH

Just returned from the Diamond yesterday. I purchased a coffee card. You can call the 800 number or fax in a request before you sail to order it or purchase on board. You will save a small amount if you purchase prior to sailing. At this time, you cannot purchase it on line. There is no IC on the Diamond right now (dry dock in a few months may change that). Specialty coffees may be ordered at the Calypso bar on deck 14 or at one of the bars on deck 6. If you are in an MDR or in the HC, you may give your card to a waiter who will go to one of those venues and get it for you. You get 15 punches for specialty drinks and unlimited brewed coffee. It is intended for the purchaser's use but only you and your conscious can decide if you want to abide by that. Some people don't mind the coffee concentrate, available at no charge, but if you are particular about your coffee, the card is worth it.

...perhaps we'll do it on our next cruise...we'll exchange our bar set-up for 2 coffee cards. Note: We recently sailed B2B2B, that included Indy of the Seas and the Royal Princess...the "free" coffee being served on Indy was "Seattle's Best", and the "free" coffee being served on the Royal Princess was the "syrup". :o

...perhaps we'll do it on our next cruise...we'll exchange our bar set-up for 2 coffee cards. Note: We recently sailed B2B2B, that included Indy of the Seas and the Royal Princess...the "free" coffee being served on Indy was "Seattle's Best", and the "free" coffee being served on the Royal Princess was the "syrup". :o

Just a comment about Seattles Best. What you get on RCI cannot be compared to the REAL Seattle's Best. It just isn't the same.

no need for the nasty comments. Ill know to keep my mouth shut in the future. You don't know me or how I am. I do not steal or take what I don't need. I am not cheap. I just expect to get what I paid for. Sorry if it was a bad deal. I didn't make set the rules. Have a great cruise.

Question: were both setups already there or did you have to call for the 2nd one? I'm going to do that too; exchange one for coffee cards. And then on the next leg, exchange again. Also: Did you dine at a specialty restaurant last night?

1. I had to call to get the second setup, but they knew what I meant and the cards showed up within an hour. I was on the balcony, but had not said Do not disturb, so they brought them in and left them on the counter of the wet bar.

2. I rarely sit-down dine, so no by choice.