A First in the Dining Room - Conquest

hetrickr

This is the first time we've experienced this in all the cruises we've taken. We just got off the Conquest today and had a great cruise, except for the dining room. We had 11 other family members (13 total) cruising with us this trip including our 20 month old granddaughter. On the 4th night, in the Monet Dining Room, the tables next to us decided to have a food fight! Seriously! It wasn't just tossing items at each other, it was the stand up and throw like a baseball type of food fight. It didn't take long to see that the wait staff wasn't going to do anything about it. By the time I made it to the Maître d' they had left. Well, to make a long story short, they once again started the food fight the next night. Luckily, they stepped in and stopped it from continuing.

Anyone ever experience anything like this (high school doesn't count)?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OMG! I would think that the Maitre'd would come to the table the next night and mention proper dining room etiquette!

The one and only ever food fight I ever took part in was when I was 15 and in Grade 10 Food Studies class making gingerbread cookies a few weeks before classes were out for Xmas break! Our teacher left the room and all eight kitchens balled up the leftover gingerbread dough and we had a few minutes of fun until our teacher came back and scolded us for wasting the dough!

I don't even recall seeing a food fight in the school cafeteria....lunch ladies would have pitched a fit if we did!

Well, to make a long story short, they once again started the food fight the next night. Luckily, they stepped in and stopped it from continuing.

Seriously? No one said anything the first night?

Personally I would have gone to Guest Services and report them.

Wasting food, annoying other guests and making the crew clean up after their childish behaviour.... Tsk.

I did go to guest services the first night and they took the information, including table numbers. The maître d' came to our table shortly after dinner started the second night and asked if everything was okay. At that point it was and I assumed he had talked to them. However, just before the wait staff started their evening "Showtime" entertainment, the group was at it again. I summoned the Maître d' again and he addressed the issue directly with them. After that point, everything was civil for the rest of the cruise. I'm at a loss as to why the waiters in the area turned a blind eye and I expressed my disappointment to both the Maître d' and customer service that I was the one that had to complain in order to get it to stop.

I did go to guest services the first night and they took the information, including table numbers. The maître d' came to our table shortly after dinner started the second night and asked if everything was okay. At that point it was and I assumed he had talked to them. However, just before the wait staff started their evening "Showtime" entertainment, the group was at it again. I summoned the Maître d' again and he addressed the issue directly with them. After that point, everything was civil for the rest of the cruise. I'm at a loss as to why the waiters in the area turned a blind eye and I expressed my disappointment to both the Maître d' and customer service that I was the one that had to complain in order to get it to stop.

The wait staff know that if they even suggest passengers change their behavior, they are going to lose all their tips.

If that happened on my cruise that would be the last straw especially if they did not stop it immediately .

To be honest, I wasn't sure how to handle the situation at first. My expectation was the dinning room staff would handle the situation immediately. Even if the waiters didn't want to handle it themselves, I would have thought they would inform their management and let them handle it. However, that wasn't the case. Both the Hostess and Maître d' we're completely unaware of what was going on when I talked to them.

Wow, that would really upset me. I would expect carnival to immediately stop the behavior and I would also expect not to see this party again in the mdr during this cruise. The only exception would be if the thrower was not an adult, then a warning might be in order for first offense, but an adult has no excuse.

This is the first time we've experienced this in all the cruises we've taken. We just got off the Conquest today and had a great cruise, except for the dining room. We had 11 other family members (13 total) cruising with us this trip including our 20 month old granddaughter. On the 4th night, in the Monet Dining Room, the tables next to us decided to have a food fight! Seriously! It wasn't just tossing items at each other, it was the stand up and throw like a baseball type of food fight. It didn't take long to see that the wait staff wasn't going to do anything about it. By the time I made it to the Maître d' they had left. Well, to make a long story short, they once again started the food fight the next night. Luckily, they stepped in and stopped it from continuing.

Anyone ever experience anything like this (high school doesn't count)?

Nope, but I'm not surprised. This is the customer Carnival is targeting.

This is what happens several years after bailing out on any sort of dress code for the dining room. I'll be surprised if they have waiter service in a dining room five years from now.

Are you kidding me, These people threw food at each other because Carnival relaxed the dress code a few years ago??? Give me a break.. It happened because these people were morons... I am sure they did not say, hey Carnival has a relaxed dress code now, so lets throw food... These idiots would have thrown food whether they were dressed up or not