Unlimited dining package?

jmele999

Haven't seen this addressed, but this is only for one meal per day, correct? I can't book one restaurant for lunch and then one for dinner is my presumption.

Is that correct?

In general speciality restaurants are open only for dinner.

Much has been written on this, and a similar thread, about the UDP. Based on what many have said, and from our perspective as Platinum, the take up would be greater if they offered all variations of the package on longer cruises i.e. option of 4 night package on a 7-9 night cruises; option of 7 night package on 10-14 night cruises etc.

This would attract us. For our 14 night cruise on Star next month we will have 2 nights complimentary at Le Bistro, the 1st night in MDR is lobster so definite there for us. That leaves 11 nights, and to have a 7 night UDP over that timescale feels about right for me.

If NCL are reading these threads, any thoughts about that as a better way forward?

Above is a repeat of my post over the weekend on the other UDP thread! Despite some commending NCL for responding to questions on CC threads, the silence from them has been deafening in relation to my question!

Much has been written on this, and a similar thread, about the UDP. Based on what many have said, and from our perspective as Platinum, the take up would be greater if they offered all variations of the package on longer cruises i.e. option of 4 night package on a 7-9 night cruises; option of 7 night package on 10-14 night cruises etc.

This would attract us.

This would be a great idea. We are going on an 11-night in December on the Pearl and like yourself, we may already have plans for a few nights or there could just be the night where we decided that a quick trip to the sushi bar was all we needed.

Despite some commending NCL for responding to questions on CC threads, the silence from them has been deafening in relation to my question!

NCL doesn't engage in conversations here, they will either thank for comments or when the poster has a problem, ask them to contact NCL.

I just ordered this package for our Greek Island cruise. Has anyone been able to make reservations online yet. I Can't seem how to figure this part out. Thanks:)

I still can't figure out how to make a reservation with this UDP. Other than calling NCL. Last night the rep I purchased it from said you have to book once on the ship and from what I rep you can book online by going back into myNCL and select dining. This is not working for me. It says that we purchased the package but there are no instructions as to how to go about making reservations. Thanks for any help that you can provide for me.:)

not sure why it is not working for you we made reservations by selecting dining/more details/change date (click on interested in another date) chose party size/ time- total cost should be $0

Over on the left hand side it lists what's available : shore excursions, dining ect. For dining it says 1. When I click on that it takes me to the UDP and when I click on that it says that we have purchased this for everyone in our reservation. It mentions to go back to dining to make individual restaurant reservations or something like that. When I do that I just get put to the same opening page that has what is available for me such as dining 1 and shore excursions 20.

Thanks for replying and letting me know that you can at least per-book. BTW how far in advance of your cruise did you do this? Our cruise is just under 4 months away. I am wondering if this or not making final payment is the glitch here. Any suggestions?

Over on the left hand side it lists what's available : shore excursions, dining ect. For dining it says 1. When I click on that it takes me to the UDP and when I click on that it says that we have purchased this for everyone in our reservation. It mentions to go back to dining to make individual restaurant reservations or something like that. When I do that I just get put to the same opening page that has what is available for me such as dining 1 and shore excursions 20.

Thanks for replying and letting me know that you can at least per-book. BTW how far in advance of your cruise did you do this? Our cruise is just under 4 months away. I am wondering if this or not making final payment is the glitch here. Any suggestions?

I believe you can book 45 days out.....unless you're in a suite.

Harriet

we were 4 weeks out when we bought the UDP and the next day we made our reservations

Well that would be good info to have written where you purchase the package. Perhaps when it prompts you to go back to dining and make your reservations it could also note ( up to 45 days in advance or on board the ship). Thanks for your help.:)

That's true, but the 45 days (55 days for suites) applies to all advance restaurant reservtions, not just UDP.

You might want to send an email to NCL's social media team to give them feedback about adding that info to UDP description/confirmation/whatever: socialmedia@ncl.com :)

Edited by Demonyte

That's true, but the 45 days (55 days for suites) applies to all advance restaurant reservtions, not just UDP.

You might want to send an email to NCL's social media team to give them feedback about adding that info to UDP description/confirmation/whatever: socialmedia@ncl.com :)

I have never booked a specialty restaurant on line before and I have never seen the link that you posted. Perhaps they could link us back to that page once you book the UDP. I have a feeling that I should have been able to get in to the dining reservation and explanation of the restaurants and booking info. But I never was able to access that after clicking out of the UDP like it seemed to suggest that I would.

NCL Newbie and I also have an UDP question...

I am sailing Alaska and Canada in 2015 and the package is already available for purchase for both cruises. Now after teasing with my husband about making sure we purchase our dinners a year and a half in advance I did wonder just how full do these specialty restaurants get?

One reason for choosing NCL is the Freestyle concept...My Dh says we will just "wing it" and I am also good with that. Truly, I cannot tell you what I will want for dinner next week never mind in 2015...but with this package in your experience do you think we will run into trouble getting a table once on board on a day to day basis?

Thanks in advance,

Patty

This package offer suddenly popped out on my reservation for 14 day Alaska cruise for Sun that I booked a year ago.

From my understanding and experience of unlimited packages that they print a mark or put a sticker on your card, you can dine in more than one specialty resto in one given night.

It is that way because they don't want to bother the extra overhead of checking whether you have already use it for this given night, just show them your room card and you are good to go.

It is similar to the beverage packages that they don't ask for your id to check if it is really you.

If they strictly enforce the one specialty resto per night, then the system will be different, they will likely switch to a paper coupon or a card with numbers representing nights and they will punch holes on them on each night you use them.

Since it is just a mark on your cruise card, believe me as an experienced cruiser, the agent is correct that you can dine in more than one specialty at any given night... like go the the asian for early dinner, then go to the steakhouse for late dinner, then go to another one for dessert.

Hi, I am glad to see this thread as I got an email from NCL today offering the new dinner package. I logged into my account but can't for the life of me find where the info is. Can anyone tell me how to access it if want to sign up for that before our Febuary 16th cruise on the Breakaway?

Thank you,

Marianne

NCL Newbie and I also have an UDP question...

I am sailing Alaska and Canada in 2015 and the package is already available for purchase for both cruises. Now after teasing with my husband about making sure we purchase our dinners a year and a half in advance I did wonder just how full do these specialty restaurants get?

One reason for choosing NCL is the Freestyle concept...My Dh says we will just "wing it" and I am also good with that. Truly, I cannot tell you what I will want for dinner next week never mind in 2015...but with this package in your experience do you think we will run into trouble getting a table once on board on a day to day basis?

Thanks in advance,

Patty

At the moment they don't get too busy, and you can usually book what you want during the day. Walk ups are often available other than at peak times.

Teppenyaki does sometimes fill up as it is quite small and occasionally you get a particular restaurant that is particularly busy at a certain time (in Alaska recently, Le Bisto was pretty well unavailable one night despite having room almost all other times).

Personally, I would only prebook a restaurant to save the tax, where that is an issue, or if there was a special occasion so you will be disappointed if you can't eat at Cagneys on your birthday for example.

This new package could feasibly make a difference, but at its current pricing I doubt it will change much.

Hi, I am glad to see this thread as I got an email from NCL today offering the new dinner package. I logged into my account but can't for the life of me find where the info is. Can anyone tell me how to access it if want to sign up for that before our Febuary 16th cruise on the Breakaway?

Thank you,

Marianne

In MyNCL, if you select the cruise you should see it under the dining options, along with the individual restaurants.

Am booked on 14-day transatlantic on Epic in October 2014. UDP = $199 or about $14 per night. I have already included the UDP package - as a solo traveler, I always get more personalized service in the specialty restaurants.

On a 14 day cruise it looks you save about $140.00 just on the diners. Can you also go the specialty venues for lunch with the package. happy cruising