Coco Cay

Preacherman46

We will be at Coco Cay a couple of days before a friend's wedding party on another ship. We would love to hide something there for them but would need to be able to give them instructions before either of us sail. So, we need to have a plan. Since neither of us have been on the island, we need some guidance. It doesn't need to be anything extravagant since we have already given gifts - it's just for fun. By the way, the wedding isn't going to be on the island.

We have already emailed customer services but haven't received anything yet.

Thanks for any help you can give us.

Are you wanting to know where to hide something and return with a small "treasure map" where X marks the spot of said gift for them? I am assuming so.

If so, I think that's a fairly unique idea. The best bet would be to dig a shallow hole with something to mark where it was placed where your friends will recognize it but nobody else.

because there is generally a ship with people on the island almost every day of the week. So the chance exists for someone else to find this gift before the wedding party.

As for RCCL's view, not really sure if they would like the idea or not since it's their property.

Are you wanting to know where to hide something and return with a small "treasure map" where X marks the spot of said gift for them? I am assuming so.

If so, I think that's a fairly unique idea. The best bet would be to dig a shallow hole with something to mark where it was placed where your friends will recognize it but nobody else.

because there is generally a ship with people on the island almost every day of the week. So the chance exists for someone else to find this gift before the wedding party.

As for RCCL's view, not really sure if they would like the idea or not since it's their property.

Thanks for your reply.

We didn't want to "damage" anything, just thought it could be under something, behind something, etc. but since we have never been there, we wouldn't know any of the possibilities.

Another concern was putting the decision here where others would know about it :)

Edited by Preacherman46

There is also the chance that one of the ships can't make it to the island due to the weather.

Don

This is a very good point especially for winter time sailings. Coco Cay gets missed alot by ships in the winter due to the weather and sea conditions. Although the same could be said for summer too (hurricanes) but not as often.

I applaude your creativity! I once hid a postcard on a ship for the next friend a couple months later, but the ships crew had removed it from where it was taped under the desk drawer...yeah couldn't believe they found it!

I would be afraid the island clean up crew would find it, but I guess if you dug deep enough and the X is something that is always there, they wouldn't notice. Somewhere not as crowded as up front...how about back side of the island where this palm tree is located?

2mqvvhe.jpg

It is unique and you could dig say 20 feet into the island from the palm tree and place a large coconut, rock or Conch shell(make sure its totally empty or it could walk away:p) as a marker. The beach is Wanderers Beach and the tree is located near Willies 15 on this map:

1zl6f0n.jpg

That way it would be fun for them to pace off the footage etc. Good luck!

Edited by BecciBoo

I applaude your creativity! I once hid a postcard on a ship for the next friend a couple months later, but the ships crew had removed it from where it was taped under the desk drawer...yeah couldn't believe they found it!

I would be afraid the island clean up crew would find it, but I guess if you dug deep enough and the X is something that is always there, they wouldn't notice. Somewhere not as crowded as up front...how about back side of the island where this palm tree is located?

2mqvvhe.jpg

It is unique and you could dig say 20 feet into the island from the palm tree and place a large coconut, rock or Conch shell(make sure its totally empty or it could walk away:p) as a marker. The beach is Wanderers Beach and the tree is located near Willies 15 on this map:

1zl6f0n.jpg

Oh! 20 feet from the tree, not 20 feet "deep". :p

Thanks for the map! And the beginnings for ideas!:)

I wonder if the bartenders are the same there or are they from each ship? If they stay, you could ask a bartender to give it to them. :)

The bar tenders and servers are from the ship. However, there are other staff members that live on the island.

I wonder if the bartenders are the same there or are they from each ship? If they stay, you could ask a bartender to give it to them. :)

The bar tenders and servers are from the ship. However, there are other staff members that live on the island.

I was wondering about doing that. Maybe a treasure map in an envelope. But how to know who to ask. I had thought of sending our friends to a designated kiosk.:)

Hey, Since presumably your friends aren't on CC, how about going to their roll call and finding someone who can give it to them. You could mail it to that person and work it out somehow, leave it at their door or something. :confused:

That takes the fun out of the "Pirates of the Caribbean" Treasure Hunt! lol

2mqvvhe.jpg

1zl6f0n.jpg

Just wondered about how much the island set-ups change. Things on this map differ a bit from one I copied from another one here earlier this year. I will be using this map or the one the "bride" has found to make preliminary plans.

• 4 weeks later...