What time do you board in Puerto Rico

Tiggercat

We are sailing on Summit in March out of San Juan, Puerto Rico. I noticed that it does not sail that first day until 8:30 pm, which is quite a bit later than when we sail out of Florida. What time do they let you board? We are staying at the Marriott the night before so I wondered if we should get a late checkout and just enjoy their property for the day and head over to the ship at about 4:00? We have late dining...8:30...do they change the time of this the first night or do you just miss the sail away when you have the late dining? Sorry for all of the questions!

We arrived at the pier around 1:30. The porters immediately tagged and took our checked bags.

We went right through security, checked in to pick up our seapass cards and boarded the ship with no lines or waiting at all. Boarding at that time, we were able to head directly to our cabins, which were already available.

Boarding usually starts in the noon hour:):D;)...I have sailed from

San Juan several times over the years and love it!

Hope you have a wonderful cruise:)

Oh, yes, if you have late dining you would miss sailaway. I know one

year I sailed with friends and we ate in Normandie (the specialty

restaurant) on the first night. We booked a later time....9pm so

we did stay outside for sailaway and then went to dinner.

On december 14th, we arrived at the port at 11:30 and they had only 2 couples there... we did past the gate immediatly....

We went to the buffet which was open so all the bar... so we took a few drinks... :o

Then change and went to the swimming pool... with drinks... :o

All the cabin was ready by 13:30 so we took our luggages there... with drinks.... :o

We will do the same next year...

Happy New Year to all

This past Nov on the Summit we got to the port at about 10 and were on the ship and at the buffet around 11:00. We had to wait outside until boarding started but once it started we were through and on the ship in less than 10 minutes.

As for sail away, we had late dining too, the dining time is the same, you just miss sail away. The muster drill was at 7:45. You can choose to eat elsewhere if you want the first night, but sail away is in the dark anyway, so other than seeing the lights, you aren't really missing anything (just my opinion, other people love the late San Juan sail away!).