Cave tubing for a 7.5 year old?

39august

I recently spent a week in Belize (and would dispute a few Belize "facts" in the linked review from 2011) and did a day of cave tubing through Caves Branch Resort outside of Belize City. It was the end of rainy season and the water was very high so we walked and climbed everywhere and only had about 5 minutes actually in tubes. It was quite strenuous and I don't know how a child would have done it. That said, I would check with the tour operator to see what conditions are like.

I will add that I loved Belize and its people who were outside Belize City. The people are so poor in Belize City that making a buck seems to be their main concern. In the rest of the country, the people were aboslutely wonderful.

I recently spent a week in Belize (and would dispute a few Belize "facts" in the linked review from 2011) and did a day of cave tubing through Caves Branch Resort outside of Belize City. It was the end of rainy season and the water was very high so we walked and climbed everywhere and only had about 5 minutes actually in tubes. It was quite strenuous and I don't know how a child would have done it. That said, I would check with the tour operator to see what conditions are like.

I will add that I loved Belize and its people who were outside Belize City. The people are so poor in Belize City that making a buck seems to be their main concern. In the rest of the country, the people were aboslutely wonderful.

What exactly are you disputing about my review?

OP-we took our daughter the first time around when she was 3 years old and she loved it.

We went again about 7 months ago (she is now 5 years old) and took our 5 year old grandson as well. ;)

I have both reviews in my signature line if you are interested. We love .bz and highly recommend them.

I don't think I'd want to go with the operator you went with. That does not sound like fun.

We went cave tubing with a 7 year old. He had no problem with our easy 20 minute hike to the water. Then we were just in the water. No more hiking. It was a great time for all of us! (there were 9 of us, ages ranging from 7 to 55)

I can't remember the name of the company but the guy that runs it was Yhony (I think).