Drinking Policy

Merry Christmas to all ...

Wife and son going on the Breeze in a couple of weeks.

Son is 20 years' old.

I recall some other cruise line allows youngsters between 18 and 21 to consume wine/beer (nothing with hard liquor) while on board, provided there is written consent from the parent.

Wonder if CCL has a similar policy?

All response much appreciated.

Son is 20 years' old.

I recall some other cruise line allows youngsters between 18 and 21 to consume wine/beer (nothing with hard liquor) while on board, provided there is written consent from the parent.

NCL is the one that allows this, not CCL. As stated once in port he will be able to imbibe.

Nope

However, once off the ship at ports,,, money in hand and tall enough to see over the bar,,,, he's good to go.

Thanks for the update. DS (6'2", 210 lbs) doesn't really drink on a regular basis, unlike his old man. He is just wondering if he can have a glass of wine on mom's birthday while they are on the Breeze.

Thanks for the update. DS (6'2", 210 lbs) doesn't really drink on a regular basis, unlike his old man. He is just wondering if he can have a glass of wine on mom's birthday while they are on the Breeze.

Order a bottle of wine at dinner and if they bring three glasses give him one:).

You're his parents, do what you see fit. That's what the law in Texas states(above 15 and with parents). I have seen a few underage cruisers receive drinks from their parents on board with no backlash from Carnival. That being said, beware the public eye and how fast people will judge you.

And underage drinkers have been removed at the next port, refused boarding at a port for being intoxicated and banned.

This is precisely what i meant about some people sharing a different view. Carnival will not remove an underage drinker who received a glass of wine from his parents.

Probably...maybe...yet, how many times have enforcement personnel heard "I just had one drink"...

Especially after that minor died on ship after being provided alcohol by parents...

Probably...maybe...yet, how many times have enforcement personnel heard "I just had one drink"...

Especially after that minor died on ship after being provided alcohol by parents...

Was that ever established? I remember the orignal thread but don't recall seeing any follow-ups.

Will it be a 64oz glass of wine?

nope - carnival has decided to use US law as a guidelines for its rules. that put in line with other enlightened countries such as Oman, Pakistan, and Indonesia.

I have been to Indonesia many times and the drinking age for non Muslims is 16 years old and 11 years old to purchase but not drink:p

nope - carnival has decided to use US law as a guidelines for its rules. that put in line with other enlightened countries such as Oman, Pakistan, and Indonesia.

You may also like to know that Carnival ships in Australia allow drinking onboard from 18 years old onward as does RCCL :)

You're his parents, do what you see fit. That's what the law in Texas states(above 15 and with parents). I have seen a few underage cruisers receive drinks from their parents on board with no backlash from Carnival. That being said, beware the public eye and how fast people will judge you.

You can drink in texas at 15? Surly not

What teenager doest already drink alcohol anyway:confused:

I started drinking at around 15 years old every weekend!

I am sure a Canadian 20 year old who as been drinking legally for a few years already is going to drink the parents booze in cabin on a regular basis without the parents even thinking about or bothering about US cruise booze rules.

Son is 20 years' old.

Luckily, no.

Wow such fine company you put us in

its not me that putting "us" in such fine company. that's the drinking age in those countries. its up to you to draw your own conclusions

You may also like to know that Carnival ships in Australia allow drinking onboard from 18 years old onward as does RCCL :)

yep - and ncl on various cruise. once you are in international waters its up to the cruiseline to decide on its drinking policy.

I think it should be 18.

if you give your kid a drink then you are also gambling that carnival won't enforce the rules they have and turf you off the ship at the next port.