Recent Indy questions, please

39august

When is first (main) dining? Does Vintages offer any bottle of wine specials? Last week on Navigator, Vintages had bottle of wine daily specials listed on a chalkboard. Some very good deals. Anything like that on Indy? Is there an overflow lounge for either the CL or the DL? Any comments on Giovanni's menu and food? Is caviar served at the Champagne bar with drink purchase at 5-7 PM?

When is first (main) dining? Does Vintages offer any bottle of wine specials? Last week on Navigator, Vintages had bottle of wine daily specials listed on a chalkboard. Some very good deals. Anything like that on Indy? Is there an overflow lounge for either the CL or the DL? Any comments on Giovanni's menu and food? Is caviar served at the Champagne bar with drink purchase at 5-7 PM?
early is 6:00pm, there was a lounge for overflow of DL and you could have three drinks (preloaded onto your Seapass) in any bar between 5 pm - 8pm. Of course there are limitations as to what drinks you could order.

I will board the Independence of the Seas in approximately 40 hours. I will report to you as soon as I can.

:)

Just cruised B2B on Indy (dec 1 and 7) and we didn't have the drinks downloaded on our sea pass! Raj, the concierge, told us that was an experiment during the TA and the following cruise!!

We loved Giovanni's Table! Ate there at least 6 times on 14 days! Only once at Chops!

The overflow, for D and D+ was right on deck 14, next to the Diamond Lounge! We didn't use it; we loved the concierge and found seats every night at around 5 pm!

Great ship!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I will board the Independence of the Seas in approximately 40 hours. I will report to you as soon as I can.

Keep it good for us, we are on Jan. 4!!!:) We are on some B2Bs, so will get to see Raj again.

Edited by CVU

The overflow for the Diamond Lounge was the Olive or Twist Lounge right outside the D-lounge. Like the folks above Hubby preferred to go to the CL. He thought the experience at the Olive and Twist was too frenetic. I can't comment because I can't drink, so I don't go to the cocktail hour at these lounges.

Unlike the folks above, we didn't care a lot for Giovanni's Table and much prefer the GT's on Allure and Oasis or the former elegant Portofino on Independence, Freedom and Liberty. It wasn't so much the food we didn't like. In fact Hubby really enjoyed his lamb chops.

We just didn't care for the ambience of the new Giovanni's Table. To us it looks more like a cafeteria. Also, on Allure and Oasis, GT has very pleasant outdoor seating also which is lovely at night in the Central Park. Of course, Independence cannot offer that great feature.

Hubby didn't like Chops but three us of disagree with his assessment. I'd go back without hesitation, but he doesn't want to. He felt it turned out to be quite expensive even with ur first night BOGO coupons.

We never went to the Champagne Bar, so I can't answer your question about that.

Edited by Gangway Style

Mom

Hello from Tim & Crystal!!!

Hope you have a wonderful cruise. We just got off Indy a week ago and had a good cruise. Would like to hear a short review on yours when you get back!

Tim

1. 6 P.M.

2. Haven't visited Vintages yet. I'm going to start a new thread, so check that.

3. CL - no overflow

4. DL - all of Olive or Twist. It has not been crowded, much less "busy". No need to take this venue away from the general passenger group on this cruise. But no one asked me. ;) Much better service inside the DL, by the way. LOVE Sheryl.

5. Giovanni's was a little disappointing. Again, check my new thread.

6. Haven't checked out the Champagne Bar yet, but there were little caviar appetizers on the DL buffet this evening.